“loved it.......”

Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
Montreal, Canada
“loved it.......”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

This was our first time in Santorini and we were delighted with our choice of hotel.
Location is great,, beautiful surroundings and wonderful staff.
We loved having our breakfast delivered to our room (food is very good) and being able to enjoy it from our deck while appreciating the spectacular view of the caldera!
We just wish we could have stayed on a little longer. Thank you George for a wonderful and memorable stay!.

M. Da Silva
Montreal, Canada

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I stayed here with a friend mid-July for two nights and it was the most magical places on earth. The sunset was SPECTACULAR. It is literally the most beautiful place on earth to sip cocktails by a pool and enjoy the view.
The service was sublime. George (the manager) upgraded us from a senior suite to a superior one for free! Can't get better than that :) The continental breakfast was also delicious - They hand you a form to fill out asking what you'd like for breakfast the following morning with about 20 options to choose from. You can pick as many things as you like and it arrives whatever time you like! Coffees, fruit salad, eggs, bacon, cereal juices, you name it! Such lovely and friendly staff as well who are always so willing to help.
The location is also probably the best in Santorini. You are basically just north of the middle of the island and travelling anywhere on scooters takes no longer than 20 minutes.
I will not be staying at another place in Santorini again. I got lucky the first time and I'll be here over and over again, many more holidays to come. Thank-you guys!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank wild_nothing
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Astra Suites exceeds it's online ratings and descriptions (if that is even possible!). It is a spectacular property! We spent 4 nights in a junior suite and cannot wait to go back. The suite was very clean and comfortable. The kitchenette was a bit of a disappointment as I suffer from allergies and wanted the convenience of preparing my own food, but when I was contacted to discuss alternatives and presented with wonderful options that disappointment was soon forgotten. The only other uncomfortable moment was when we discovered that we could not have a late checkout and the room that was provided for storing luggage/showering was shared with a number of other guests.
The infinity pool overlooking the volcano is heavenly and the sunsets spectacular. The walk into town is also beautiful. George provided perfect guidance and a personal touch as to what to see and do. If you are going to Santorini, this is the postcard perfect place to stat for an unforgettable holiday. We will return.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StephenandKim
Saratov, Russia
Reviewed 7 August 2011

It was our honeymoon trip and it couldn't be better. Astra is just the perfect place for a romantic stay. The room built in solid rock was nice, with kitchenette and WiFi. Like a comfortable cave with high arched ceiling and all facilities.

We we lucky to have an amazing private terrace where we had breakfast with unbelievable view on caldera. Those Santorini views, you will never forget them!

The pool area is great, gotta see the pictures to get the excitement. Once you there you will never want to leave. In the poolbar - probably the best mojito I've ever had. Too bad barman "uncle Chris" has probably already left for Canada as he intended :(

Staff is great, friendly and professional. There was just that serbian waiter at the restaurant who was a bit snippy, but we could deal with it.

Guests are mostly Americans, middle-aged and older. We've met some nice old couples celebrating their 40th anniversary on Santorini. We've seen no kids in the hotel - they were either not allowed or it was just our luck :).

The hotel is rather expensive but it's well worth it. Great place, great atmosphere, great staff but mostly it's THE VIEW that counts.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a private terrace
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MyxuH
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Astra in Santorini was like a VIP section in heaven on earth! As newly-weds on our honeymoon, my wife and I had read some great reviews of this place and it was also highly recommended by our travel agent. Truth be said, Astra delivers more than everything you've heard about it!

We booked the Honeymoon Suite for 4 nights and were thoroughly delighted when we arrived there. The view from the balcony is surreal and the private jacuzzi was the cherry on top! My wife even did a little "happy dance" after our friendly luggage boy left our room!

For the first 2 days, Astra provided us with a complimentary bottle of white wine or champagne with strawberries and chocolates. The room was spacious, tastefully furnished and apt for a place like Santorini. The bathroom was minimalistic, yet extremely appealing!

What set Astra apart from all the other hotels we stayed in on our 3-week honeymoon was the friendly, loving and genuine hospitality from the entire staff of Astra. From helping us book ATVs to get around Santorini to loaning us DVDs to watch to serving the most beautiful breakfast in our rooms every morning, the staff at Astra overwhelmed us.

We highly recommend this place to all couples, even if not on their honeymoon. It is also a great place for families with young children!

Room Tip: The Honeymoon Suite is what couples want! Its worth every Euro spent!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AbhiAni
Jakarta
Reviewed 3 August 2011

This is a great hotel in Santorini and one of my favourite places to stay in the world. This was our 3rd visit to Astra over about 12 years. First time with our 2 children.
My wife and I love the rooms the design and location very much with breathtaking views over the island's caldera.
I real Greek island experience.
George and his staff are A1 and do everything they can to make the stay memorable.
Thats why we go back.
Peter and Sia Kelly

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank PNKJakarta
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 August 2011

My mother and I stayed at Astra Suites for 4 nights as part of our self guided Greek Island tour. This hotel is exceptional! We stayed in a honeymoon suite as it was all the had available but they ensured that it wasn't couple-y, just a wonderful suite! We were met by the general manager upon arrival and he seemed genuinely excited to have us visiting their hotel. One of the hotel staff extensively reviewed the area of Imerovigli, restaurants, things to do, how to use the bus, how to get a taxi, and how to walk to Firastefani and Fira.

The room had a jacuzzi tub on the balcony but tucked a bit out of public view which was a great way to relax in the evenings because it still gets a bit chilly. It would also be nice for couples. It also had a very charming living area, kitchenette, and enormous bathroom! The hotel offers breakfast which you order the evening before and pick your time for delivery. They call about 10 minutes ahead to make sure you're ready. Great menu choices and everything was delicious! It was even more amazing to be sitting at your patio watching the beautiful seascape! They also have THE BEST sunset views. I don't know why people insist on Oia for sunsets. We saw one there and it IS beautiful, but why watch there when you can sit on your balcony with a glass of wine? Bliss! We ate at their restaurant for sunset one evening and it was very good with exceptional service.

We made the walk to Fira twice. It's a solid 40-45 minutes and I wouldn't recommend it during peak sun time hours because there's no shade and it's hot as heck, but we went late afternoon and came back after sunset and it was very pleasant.

The hotel staff are incredibly helpful and very respectful. I was sick one day due to too much sunshine and they were all genuinely concerned! They brought me a bread basket for my upset stomach, extra water (only bottled for drinking on the island) and almost everyone stopped me the next day to make sure I was okay. So charming!

This was by far the best experience of our island tour and I can't recommend this hotel enough. My husband will be coming with me for my next Greece trip and this hotel is on our MUST do list. This hotel fulfilled every one of my expectations for an all white building tucked into the caldera with excellent views and privacy. This hotel embodies Santorini in everything it does.

Room Tip: Check out their online map of rooms - very helpful!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank beth_kristen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa
Katikies Hotel
Katikies Hotel
#7 of 55 in Oia
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel

Been to Astra Suites? Share your experiences!