My brother and I spent two nights on Santorini and stayed at the Astra suites. First, the service at this place is second to none. George gave us a fantastic introduction to the island and Astra, and the other staff was wonderful. It's not just that the staff are helpful -- everyone is super friendly, very genuine, and goes out of their way to help with you anything you need. My brother and I decided at 11pm that we wanted to rent an ATV for the next day, and so we went to the reception and the staff person showed us a book with pictures of different ATVs. She talked to us about the different options, we picked one, and then within minutes she had arranged for that very model to be delivered to the hotel the next morning. This is just one example of how she and all of the rest of the staff were so knowledgeable and accommodating.
The restaurant's food was terrific, the view was amazing, and the staff -- like everyone else at hotel -- was extremely friendly and professional. Top-notch folks.
The view from the balcony of our room was breathtaking. They serve you breakfast on your balcony each morning (you fill out a card the night before saying what exactly you want and what time you want it delivered), and you have an amazing view of the caldera while you enjoy your breakfast.
Calling this place a hotel does not do it justice. This is fantastic operation, and there are so many small details that make this place so much better than any place I've ever stayed. I know this review has been filled with superlatives, but I truly have nothing negative to say. Bring your friends, family, spouse, partner, whoever -- this is a special place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built at the highest point of Santorini’s steep cliffs at the legendary caldera, the Astra Suites complex enjoys the privilege of a magical panoramic view to the caldera and the immense Aegean Sea. It is the place where everything and everybody “conspire” to make you feel a VIP during your vacations. Twenty seven sumptuous Suites decorated in Cycladic style and 8 tempting suites with jacuzzi and private swimming pool welcome you to a hospitable environment where the discreet service of each individual guest is the complex’s basic instinct, and the protection of his private moments constitutes the staff’s basic priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Bookgreece.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Astra Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astra Hotel Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Hotel
- Astra Apartments Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Santorini
- Astra Suites Santorini/Imerovigli