As an amazing wedding present, our friends gave us a Mr & Mrs Smith voucher to treat ourselves to a fabulous 'mini-moon' - and we chose Astra Suites as we had wanted to go to Santorini for a long long time...
We could not have picked a better hotel.
Breathtaking views, lovely rooms, excellent and incredibly considerate service. Upon arriving they sit you down and show you a map of the area and recommend places to eat fyi - ALL of their choices were perfect, particularly the restaurants in the beautiful Amoudi Bay area.
The pool side area is fabulous with a great bar, excellent cocktails and delicious food. You have to get up early to ensure you get one of the coveted double beds facing the sea and onto the pool, but plenty of other regular sunbeds on offer too!!
What we loved about the hotel was the location too. You're near the old and new port, by Thira and a cab journey away from Oia but you feel like you're the only people on the island at times. The sunsets every night, without fail were incredible and George & team sent us champagne to watch it go down on our private balcony (with chocolates too!) - a VERY nice touch.
Talking of private balconies, they bring you your breakfast there everyday! You simply make your order, tell them what time you'd like it and they deliver it on time. Perfect.
whilst we lounged by the pool most of the time, do take the time to go to Fira and on a boat trip (George & team will arrange from you). It''s admittedly a combination of fascinating, romantic and down-right hilarious -- so certainly worth every penny!
We simply cannot fault it here. We'd love to return again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built at the highest point of Santorini’s steep cliffs at the legendary caldera, the Astra Suites complex enjoys the privilege of a magical panoramic view to the caldera and the immense Aegean Sea. It is the place where everything and everybody “conspire” to make you feel a VIP during your vacations. Twenty seven sumptuous Suites decorated in Cycladic style and 8 tempting suites with jacuzzi and private swimming pool welcome you to a hospitable environment where the discreet service of each individual guest is the complex’s basic instinct, and the protection of his private moments constitutes the staff’s basic priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Astra Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astra Hotel Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Hotel
- Astra Apartments Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Santorini
- Astra Suites Santorini/Imerovigli