I saw the glowing reviews and awards for Astra before booking, and so had very high expectations for our time with them. In short, we were not disappointed. The hotel itself is amazing (better than the pictures for once!), but I think it is the service that really makes Astra special and sets it apart. From the moment we stepped foot in the hotel, we felt that the staff was truly intent on making sure our stay in Santorini was special. On arrival, George and Valentina gave us a personalized island orientation, explained our options for activities, and made all arrangements for us. Even when we weren't in the hotel, they served as our safety net in a few situations (sending taxis for us at difficult spots to get picked up). With everyone on the staff, we noticed a positive attitude that any wish we had would be fulfilled. When we returned back to the room too late for dessert to be served in our room, they sent us some of the desserts the staff was testing to satisfy our sweet tooths.
As we had a late departure, they offered immediately to allow us to stay in our room until nearly 5 pm. If our room had been booked, they still have a hospitality suite with showers, etc at our disposal. They really don't miss any details to make you feel comfortable and valued as a guest.
On to the food - the kitchen and chef is truly exceptional. Everything we ate at the hotel, from our daily breakfast served on our balcony, to sandwiches and salads from room service, to our fantastic dinner in the restaraunt was amazing. All special orders are accommodated without question (I wrote in a special egg white omelette for my breakfast and it was made perfectly to order and was delicious). If you stay here, take advantage of this wonderful asset at the hotel. We actually wished we ate at the hotel more than we did. I loved their Mediterranean sandwich so much, I asked that they prepare another one to take on the ferry.
Another detail we found to be very nice was that the mini-bar items were actually very reasonably priced, as opposed to most luxury hotels that gouge you for every item. Again, everything is set up to make you feel comfortable - you don't need to think twice about grabbing something from the mini-bar if you are hungry or thirsty.
Lastly, the room. We stayed in one of the pool suites, which was very generously sized and of course had a breath-taking view. The room was beautifully decorated with local art (it was fun to walk around Fira and Oia and see the same art from your room in the nicer galleries on the island). We had an amazing perch on a double lounger for watching the sunset. As it does get cool at night in Santorini, there were blankets available in the room, and we used them each night to watch the moon light up the sea.
Needless to say, we were quite sad to leave, and have every intention of coming back again. We couldn't have had a more enjoyable and memorable stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built at the highest point of Santorini’s steep cliffs at the legendary caldera, the Astra Suites complex enjoys the privilege of a magical panoramic view to the caldera and the immense Aegean Sea. It is the place where everything and everybody “conspire” to make you feel a VIP during your vacations. Twenty seven sumptuous Suites decorated in Cycladic style and 8 tempting suites with jacuzzi and private swimming pool welcome you to a hospitable environment where the discreet service of each individual guest is the complex’s basic instinct, and the protection of his private moments constitutes the staff’s basic priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Astra Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astra Hotel Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Hotel
- Astra Apartments Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Santorini
- Astra Suites Santorini/Imerovigli