“Satisfaction Guaranteed...and then some”
Review of Astra Suites

Astra Suites
Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We just spent part of our 10 year anniversary trip at the Astra in Santorini and I can say without a doubt they will be the best memories of our trip. The island is out-of-this-world special and the hotel is located in the best place possible. If you like details, this is the place for you. The staff go out of their way to make your experience memorable. I specially found helpful all the advice on what what to do, where to eat, etc. They will guide you every step of the way in order for you to make the most of your time in this greek paradise. If you are looking to go to Santorini (and I truly suggest you do)...you MUST stay here. And I'm not one to be easily impressed. Safe travels.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,471)

Reviewed 28 September 2012

I can't say enough great things about Astra. We went to Greece for our honeymoon three weeks ago and stayed in Santorini, Mykonos and Naxos. Astra by far was the best. The daily breakfast was amazing. The hotel staff was incredible. We had booked a wine tour through our travel agent and there was a mix up with another couple staying there who also had a tour. The manager at Astra got on the phone with both wine tour companies and had us back on track in 15 minutes! I would recommend Astra to anyone staying in Santorini. If I ever make it back there again I will stay at Astra without a doubt.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

Upgraded when we arrived to the honeymoon suite which had a hot tub!

Room-clean and spacious!

Location-Amazing!! Sunsets were incredible and lots of walks you could go on straight from hotel!

Staff-George very welcoming!

We only had 4 nights but we would definitely go back!!

Room Tip: Try the Taverna Katina restaurant to experience an authentic Greek cuisine! Fresh fish that you pic...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We stayed for 3 nights recently and had a great time. The room was very nice, views are spectacular, staff is very friendly and it's centrally located. We always had breakfast outside don't know how breakfast could get much better. again views are just amazing. Highly recommend Astra Suites and hope to go back someday.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed in this fabulous hotel for 3 days and only wished we could stay longer. We had a two bedroom villa overlooking the Sea and so high up you felt you could touch the sky. The view was breathtaking and the sunsets were phenomenal. This property is built on a very high cliffside.
Our breakfast was served to us every morning on our patio; food being exceptional. We ate our meals at their small restaurant under the stars. Service was great. I would give this property the very highest mark in all ways; beauty, elegance and service.

Room Tip: The villas were all gorgeous and some were higher up. I would say any suite you had would be wonder...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2012

George Karayiannis was the name that echoed above the blue and white churches and the stunning views above The Caldera each morning after we awoke. Perfection, Imagination, and Immaculate are symbolic to this perfect man who runs Astra Suites and his stunning staff. I surprised my wife Nellie with a wedding at Astra and flew her all the way from Los Angeles, California just for that. From the moment we showed up at the airport and I saw the driver holding a sign that read, " Benavides" I knew it was smooth sailing from there on. Sure enough, our stay, our wedding, our breakfast each morning, the views of the volcano, the sunrises and sunsets, our dinners, the staff, the beautiful people....everything....Popis, Konstas, George The Young Waiter, The Hungarian Bartender with his cool stories, The Driver, Helen...and of course Our GEORGE KARAYIANNIS....how we miss these human beings....they not only made us feel like Royalty, but like Emperors and Sultans as well. Not one day goes by that we don't think of any of them. When you as the reader and vacationer think of a honeymoon, a holiday or simply a-get- away and need perfection...don't think much...just close your eyes and book Astra and from that point forward when you think of Greece, you won't remember Zeus or Athena..The Mediterranean or Plato...you'll think of Astra Suites from Santorini, Greece.

Love, MarNel
Whittier, California, USA

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MarNel M
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed in Astra Suites for five days in early September, in a suite with a pool. It was amazing. I had read many (if not all) reviews of this place prior to my travel - I had chosen Astra Suites because of the "stellar" reviews - I found everything was as excellent as it had been described and I do not know what else I can add to the greatest reviews which have been written.
The view is stunning. Most of the time (with an exception of a couple of half-days) I spend just watching the sea from the terrace. So beautiful, so magic. The place is beautifull and very well maintained, the staff is extremely helpful for anything which may come up (i addition to providing all the info you will ever need about the island upon arrival). I cannot even call Astra Suites a "hotel", because it did feel like home away from home.The suite was...hard to describe, one really need to experience it..tastefull, elegant, luxurious without being overbearing... if I ever go to Santorini again, I will stay at Astra Suites for sure... also... on the morning of my departure, I got a call from Eleni, offering "a late check out", meaning checking out four hours after "normal" time of check out; when I was supposed to leave for the port to sail to Crete. It was very thoughtful of the staff - they did not have to do it; in the "worst" (which is not really the worst, believe me) case scenario, there is a "hospitality suite"... but I got to stay in my suite, at the pool, watching the sea, for several more hours.... It was a very nice surprise!
To summarize, I recommend this "hotel" with no reservation, and I hope my son (when he decides to get married - which I suspect is coming soon), will accept my gift of staying at Astra Suites as a part of his honeymoon trip! Eleni, Popi and all - thanks!!!!!
Also...had a couple of spa treatments... Fenix (?Phenix) was extremely good for a massage, one of the best I have ever had, and I have had plenty around the world... thanks, Fenix

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Aenaon Villas
Aenaon Villas
#1 of 51 in Imerovigli
Santorini Princess
Santorini Princess
#7 of 51 in Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Altana Traditional Houses and Suites
Anteliz Suites
Anteliz Suites
#3 of 81 in Fira
Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa

Been to Astra Suites? Share your experiences!