“Perfect Easter vacation”

Astra Suites
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
“Perfect Easter vacation”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

The entire staff at Astra Suites made our stay impeccable. Honestly, everything was perfect, from the room (free upgrade with an incredible view) to the food to the very attentive staff. As an example of the customer service, I asked if the hotel had an on-call doctor because I'm pregnant and a worrier, and the staff went above and beyond by giving me two names and cell phone numbers of local OBGYNs. The view from the property is spectacular. I am so glad we didn't stay in nearby Fira instead. The only improvement I would ask for is to heat their beautiful pool during the off-season (we were there in March when it's still a bit cool and windy). All in all, this was one of the best hotel experiences we've had anywhere in Europe.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I agree wholehearledly with the outstanding reviews here and I dont think there is anything I can add. My family and I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite above the path in September last year and it was absolutely fantastic. I couldnt speak more highly of George and all his staff. Very friendly and welcoming. If you are looking to stay and you are not sure about the location dont believe what you read on the forums. The position is great. Its only a short very pleasant walk on the path to Fira. There are plenty of good restaurant options in Imerovigli itself and lots more on the path to Fira. Sorry I took so long to write the review I promised George and all the best for the new season.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ivan_ekbpf
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2013

A magical, stunning, amazing place. Right from the first moment we felt pampered and looked after. The staff we extremely friendly and attentive. The views from our room and hotel were to die for. Everything was incredibly high standard, clean and beautifully presented. Incredibly romantic. Staff gave advice about places to visit and eat and booked places on our behalf. The room service and food was excellent. We had a magical dinner on the terrace in the cave surrounded by fairy lights. The relaxation suite was fantastic with steam room and jacuzzi and we continued to be pampered with complimentary champagne, truffles and strawberries.

For our honeymoon, this was a dream holiday in a dream hotel, which we will look back for the rest of our lives, and smile.

Thank you so much for making our honeymoon so incredibly special.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jane L
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The suits are amazing! Clean and have the best view on the island. The administration and all the other staff are incredibly helpful, nice and treat you like you're sun of a king. They help you with all kind of activity you wish to do, and direct you to the most delicious restaurants on the island! In one sentence- Amazing place to stay in santorini, where u stay is one of the most important thing in this kind of vacation- enjoy !!!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Maya198
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This is the most magical place I've ever stayed. We stayed in a junior suite off to the side of the hotel and it felt very private. The room was small but the balcony/patio was massive (and who wants to be inside when you have views of the water and sunset like you'll have here). I could go on for days about why you should stay here, but here are the highlights:

-Breathtaking View
-Delicious breakfast delivered to your balcony every morning (If its not on the menu that's ok- they'll make whatever your heart desires!).
-Personalized and friendly service at the concierge desk
-Movies to watch in your room after a day of trekking all over the island
-Centralized location in the middle of the island. There's a lovely footpath to Fira (20-30 min walk) and the bus stop is close by if you want to go to Oia.
-Excellent food at the restaurant and room service. Even the sandwiches were divine (they bake their own baguettes!)

Con's (and none of these were enough to take off a star):
-Beds/Bed Linens were only so so.
-Bathroom was dark so it was difficult to put on make-up in there

Go here! You won't regret it. I'd love to go back one day!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank catatmwc
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I visited Astra Suites with my wife on a long weekend last summer. Santorini island is amazing and Astra is the best place to stay there! Suites are very spacious, could be the biggest in the island, we also had our own pool and we really enjoyed our privacy! Service is superb! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David T
London, England
Reviewed 13 February 2013

From start to finish this hotel and staff were exceptional. I booked this hotel and 2 others for my wife and I for our Honeymoon. The views are outstanding, the location is just outside Fira but close enough to walk, (about 20 minutes). We went in May and the weather was great.
Anything you could possibly want for is available, the staff are really at your beckon call. I must admit i did find the lad who mopped up my wet footprints as i got out the pool a bit much but i suppose its all part of the ambience of the place. I rated this hotel 5 stars because it delivered everything it promised. If i HAD to fault it, i would say that the addition of a bar or restaurant would probably improve the hotel as a whole. However if you want a romantic destination to sit back, unwind and be pampered i very much doubt you will find better.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fairbrother J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#14 of 50 in Imerovigli
San Antonio Suites
San Antonio Suites
#11 of 50 in Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Chromata Hotel
Chromata Hotel
#12 of 50 in Imerovigli
Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa
Celestia Grand
Celestia Grand
#1 of 79 in Fira

Been to Astra Suites? Share your experiences!