We got married at the Astra Suites hotel on 1st June 2013 and had the most wonderful wedding and stay. One of the reasons we chose the hotel was because of the great reviews on Tripadvisor. Our expectations were therefore very high and I am pleased to say all of our expectations were met and exceeded!
It is hard to know where to start with this review, as this is definitely the best hotel we have ever stayed in…
The accommodation - We stayed in a Honeymoon Jacuzzi Suite with a great view of the Caldera. The main room was very large with a kitchenette, lounge/dining room area and a very large comfy bed. The main room was decorated very simply – white walls with local artwork. The bathroom was very large and had a large shower area, which again was very large (in fact it could probably fit 6 people in!). Everything in the room was finished to a very high standard and it certainly had a lot of character. The balcony was large and private and we were very pleased with the Jacuzzi.
The views from the hotel of the Caldera and towards Oia are truly stunning and it is certainly a very romantic place.
The service at the hotel was outstanding. All of the staff were very professional, friendly and helpful at all times. One of the highlights was breakfast on the balcony, which was delicious. There was a great choice of breakfast foods, including Eggs Benedict and Santorini omelette. Lunch and cocktails were also very good.
The wedding itself went very well. The traditional Greek band was great, as was the makeup artist and hairdresser and the photographer, all of which were arranged by George. The wedding meal was also superb. Thanks for your patience with the sky lanterns! We loved every minute of our stay at Astra Suites. Thanks to George and all the staff for all your help with arranging our wedding and for all the extra things you did that made it such a wonderful, unforgettable experience. We will definitely be returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built at the highest point of Santorini’s steep cliffs at the legendary caldera, the Astra Suites complex enjoys the privilege of a magical panoramic view to the caldera and the immense Aegean Sea. It is the place where everything and everybody “conspire” to make you feel a VIP during your vacations. Twenty seven sumptuous Suites decorated in Cycladic style and 8 tempting suites with jacuzzi and private swimming pool welcome you to a hospitable environment where the discreet service of each individual guest is the complex’s basic instinct, and the protection of his private moments constitutes the staff’s basic priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Bookgreece.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your Astra Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astra Hotel Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Hotel
- Astra Apartments Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Santorini
- Astra Suites Santorini/Imerovigli