“Awesome!”
Review of Astra Suites

Astra Suites
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have been returning to Santorini for the past 20 years and have stayed at many hotels. But there is none like the Astra Suites. George, the Hotel's caretaker, has been a welcome site at the hotel for many years. He is gracious, kind and welcomes me each time with a big smile - as do all the staff that I have met there. The setting is one of the most beautiful in the world with it's vista views and sunsets most captivating. This past year I celebrated my 50th birthday there with many close friends. The staff was always very accommodating and the service impeccable. I would encourage you to visit this wonderful island and this five star hotel.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong in any room... they all have amazing amenities and views!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is a difficult review to write. We stayed at the Astra Suites at the peak of high season in August on a vacation after Mykonos and then on to Barcelona. The hotel was completely full and the staff was running full-tilt.

All reviews and superlatives about the location are correct - it is a truly a special location on earth. Breathtaking views with large beautiful suites and patios. These memories will last forever.

In our experience we found the service and food to be quite mixed. Upon arrival the staff happily hosted us poolside with breakfast while our room was made available. Breakfasts throughout our stay were fantastic.

We were befuddled by miscommunications about arranging an in-suite couples massage. Multiple people attempted to help us and somehow the masseuses arrived on the wrong day when we were out traveling.

Our final evening was punctuated with a dinner that was the worst of our vacation - simultaneously undercooked and overly salted. The meal was quickly retrieved and attempts to provide additional options were made, but unfortunately the evening was already impacted.

To the staff credit they tried to make things right on every occasion; but for $1000+/night one does expect the highest. We unfortunately missed that mark in our experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KeithVFischer
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in Mykonos and Santorini. We were fortunate to stay at the Astra. From beginning to end of our six nights there, they could not do enough. My wife and I have travelled quite a bit and have stayed at many five and four star hotels but I have yet to see staff so well groomed in their profession, always ready to go the extra mile. The hotel itself is beautiful and well maintained,and the location is breathtaking. Congratulations to the Astra!! Making people's special occasions, special!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Back in August, 2006 we stayed at this wonderful hotel situated in the face of the cliff of the Caldera right in front of the old castle volcano ruin. We stayed here 8 days and enjoyed every minute. In September, 2013 we returned yet to, once again, be amazed by the charm and true hospitality of this hotel property. Thinking of making this destination our annual summer hide-away every year! One team member that understood the true meaning of hospitality, was Cristina that was not afraid to take ownership of a misunderstanding that took place during our stay. She was able to make things better for us and followed through with it. Popi and George, keep up the good work and thank you for making our stay one to remember!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank jct949
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Stayed for 5 wonderful days in August. The views are absolutely stunning!Despite a power shortage on an off for 4 days the staff were amazing- constantly updating us on the situation- always with a smile!So many 5 star resorts are stuffy- this hotel's real strength was ensuring everyone felt relaxed but still maintaining 5 star standards.It is obvious all the staff love to work in this wonderful hotel

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2013

My girlfriend and I recently staying in Astra Suites. Little did she know that I had a proposal planned. The staff of Astra Suites helped make this happen in the most amazing way. They were so supportive and the service provided was nothing short of legendary. The food, the panoramic views of the caldera, the Senior Suite facilities, the warm smiles, made this such an amazing trip for us. I simply cannot recommend Astra Suites enough. In our busy world, this really is an oasis of dreams... To George, George, Dimitrious, Helen and all the extended staff, Thank you!

Room Tip: Pay Extra for the Senior Suite to make the most of your stay...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2013

All I can say is AMAZING!!!!

All of the staff were fantastic, From Helen (in the mornings) to the room service boys, we could not fault their service.

They were all very friendly and genuine with their service.

The recommendations for restaurants, beaches and activities from Helen were perfect for what we wanted.

The food and wine was also sensational.

I am a very experienced traveller staying in hotels in more than 22 country's from around the world and your service and facilities as definitely 10/10.

I have already recommended you to my friends that are planning to take a holiday in the Greek Islands and am telling friends that aren't that they should.

A HUGE thankyou from Both my partner and I, And we want to let you know that we will be back, and our favourite room was the poolside room and will definitely be back to stay in that room.

I can't say anything that you could have done better to help you improve because for us it was faultless, you even organised the most beautiful weather and sunsets :)

Many thanks again, see you next year!!!!

Room Tip: The pool Suite was our favourite, we stayed 7 nights and stayed in the honeymoon suite, Pool suite a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Aenaon Villas
Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa
Kapari Natural Resort
Kapari Natural Resort
#9 of 50 in Imerovigli

Been to Astra Suites? Share your experiences!