This wonderful hotel with its spectacular views raises the bar on comfort and hospitality. My wife and I have stayed in hotels all around the world and Astra suites beats every one of them. We had several interactions with the staff(younger George, George the owner and a younger woman) over our 3 night stay and they were all fantastic with the staff always being patient, courteous and extremely informative. This place took excellent care of us, from helping us rent a car to giving us pointers on restaurants to eat at other than the one at the hotel to laying out options to see a new part of the island to planning a visit to one of the vineyards to taking a sailing trip to see yet another spectacular sunset. The difference at this hotel is the attention to detail, from bringing out sweet complimentary wine from the island and chocolates while you are enjoying sunsets to little things like telling you where to go around the property to enjoy a nice stroll its the little things that matter and this place gets it right.
Our hotel room was in fact a duplex suite with a living room, kitchenette, dinning table and bathroom downstairs and a bedroom upstairs. With a complimentary bottle of white wine from the island in the fridge and an absolutely spectacular complimentary breakfast that is delivered to your room at the time you request each day you are really pampered. Spectacular views of the water and the caldera from the room but we spent a lot of our time sitting in the balcony enjoying the view, the weather, music from the pool area and wonderful cocktails that Costa at the bar puts together.
TLDNR: I could go on and on about the Astra suites, the location, the views, the most amazing sunsets you will witness from your hotel room, the attention to detail and hospitality of the staff but bottom line is this place will make Santorini absolutely special and memorable. This is the best place you can stay at. From the moment you get here to your transportation when you leave the only thing this hotel thinks about is how do they make your stay more special and trust me every minute here is special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built at the highest point of Santorini’s steep cliffs at the legendary caldera, the Astra Suites complex enjoys the privilege of a magical panoramic view to the caldera and the immense Aegean Sea. It is the place where everything and everybody “conspire” to make you feel a VIP during your vacations. Twenty seven sumptuous Suites decorated in Cycladic style and 8 tempting suites with jacuzzi and private swimming pool welcome you to a hospitable environment where the discreet service of each individual guest is the complex’s basic instinct, and the protection of his private moments constitutes the staff’s basic priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Astra Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astra Hotel Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Hotel
- Astra Apartments Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Santorini
- Astra Suites Santorini/Imerovigli