This is a long overdue review. My wife and I stayed at Astra Suites in early September 2012 as part of our honeymoon trip to Greece. We stayed in several fine hotels during our trip, but Astra Suites was our favorite. George is the epitome of a hands-on, hospitable manager. He and his staff made us feel truly welcomed and well-cared for throughout our stay. George and his staff made us feel that they were individually dedicated to providing us with the best trip possible.
The views from the property are breathtakingly beautiful, but the staff at Astra also manage to do "the little things" well, things such as arranging for a late check-out or coordinating activities in a very helpful and responsive way. They organized a terrific vineyard tour for us as and their restaurant recommendations were excellent.
When we first arrived at Astra we were met by friendly staff who took our bags from us and were then led into our room. While the room we had originally booked was spacious, it was more near to the pool than we originally thought and we were a little concerned about experiencing noise/lack of privacy from other poolside guests. George and his staff graciously upgraded us to a honeymoon jacuzzi suite that more than met our expectations. Maid service was thorough and the suite was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and delivered and picked up promptly. We loved eating and drinking from our private balcony and watching the sunset. We thought the food was excellent and fresh. When my wife got a little chilly one evening a waiter - unprompted - noticed and brought over a comfortable shawl for her to wrap around her shoulders. This is just one of many examples of how the staff at Astra really helped to make our experience a memorable one. We will always be grateful for the hospitality of the Astra Suites team and have subsequently recommended to many our friends that they (1) visit Santorini and (2) stay at Astra Suites as part of their trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built at the highest point of Santorini’s steep cliffs at the legendary caldera, the Astra Suites complex enjoys the privilege of a magical panoramic view to the caldera and the immense Aegean Sea. It is the place where everything and everybody “conspire” to make you feel a VIP during your vacations. Twenty seven sumptuous Suites decorated in Cycladic style and 8 tempting suites with jacuzzi and private swimming pool welcome you to a hospitable environment where the discreet service of each individual guest is the complex’s basic instinct, and the protection of his private moments constitutes the staff’s basic priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Astra Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astra Hotel Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Hotel
- Astra Apartments Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Santorini
- Astra Suites Santorini/Imerovigli