There is a reason Astra receives so many 5 star reviews - it truly exceeds all description in terms of beauty, quality, and service. I'm sure what I say has been echoed in other reviews, but I must tell you a few details of our experience if you have any doubt about staying here.
Imerovigli - if you have done your research, you will know that this is a small, quiet village at one of the highest points on the island. The views from Astra are spectacular. The sunsets fantastic. You must be in decent shape for stairs, but it is all worth it. You hear nothing except the wind and the birds. The staff goes about their daily business in efficient silence.
Room - We booked the pool suite for 6 nights...I could have stayed 6 more! The colors and artwork reflect the island spirit. Beautiful, peaceful, relaxing. Spotless. Modern fixtures and plumbing with fantastic hot water and our own heated pool. Gorgeous balcony for breakfast and sunsets.
I am running out of adjectives!!!
Wonderful daily breakfast delivered at our requested time and with our requested items every day. White linen tablecloth and napkins. We had the same waiter everyday who made us laugh and ensured we had everything we needed. He spoke 5 languages and Lord only knows how many steps he does up and down everyday and joked that while others paid for gym memberships, he instead was getting paid to get his exercise.
The Staff- You hear people talk about "George".... He is a real person!!! He is so genuine and wants to make sure you enjoy your stay. The entire staff is this way. They go out of their way to make you feel special.
Just a few words to address some concerns other people have talked about - remember that you are staying in a hotel carved into the side of a volcano in the middle of the sea. You are a guest in a native land. Some things will be a bit different. Siga, siga. Yes, this is an expensive property. If you want the best room, book the best room. It is difficult to get everything you may desire and expect a bargain price. In some parts of the world, it may be possible. In Santorini, people want caldera views, sunset views and maximum privacy. There are only so many of these special places that exist. Astra Suites is one of them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built at the highest point of Santorini’s steep cliffs at the legendary caldera, the Astra Suites complex enjoys the privilege of a magical panoramic view to the caldera and the immense Aegean Sea. It is the place where everything and everybody “conspire” to make you feel a VIP during your vacations. Twenty seven sumptuous Suites decorated in Cycladic style and 8 tempting suites with jacuzzi and private swimming pool welcome you to a hospitable environment where the discreet service of each individual guest is the complex’s basic instinct, and the protection of his private moments constitutes the staff’s basic priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Astra Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astra Hotel Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Hotel
- Astra Apartments Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Santorini
- Astra Suites Santorini/Imerovigli