I never write these reviews but ALWAYS read them - this time I had to write for each of our hotels. We just returned so our trip was not high season, we went the first 2 weeks of October - GREAT time to go. Our travel agent at Fantasy Travel chose and booked this hotel for us. We absolutely loved it! The hotel itself is small, quaint and just beautiful. The pool area is very nice with a gorgeous view. Chris, the bartender, very attentive and fun to hang out with. The staff were the best part - VERY accomodating and SO pleasant - we knew it was important to them that we had a good vacation.
We would not have had any idea where to stay had this hotel not been recommended by our agent. We used Fantasy Travel at the advice of Matt Barrett's website www.greecetravel.com. We are SO glad we took his advice and used an agent - and especially Fantasy Travel. Our agent, Dina, was great - she got our trip just right. We got a nice room with a porch facing the caldera - at a reasonable rate. The view is just absolutely gorgeous! The room itself is nice, it is kind of like a "cave" - not luxurious but all you need. The porch and view is what is so great. BUT, all the hotels in Santorini have a great view - I cannot say it enough - the staff are what made this hotel such a great experience. Breakfast was yummy - more than enough for 2 people to eat, delivered to the room at our requested time. Fabulous! Just a fantastic experience overall.
When our travel agent recommended this hotel, I was a bit surprised, because most the travel books recommend Oia. But, she was SO RIGHT! The town of Imerovigli is a great location to be in - beautiful 25 minute walk down to Fira and an easy bus ride to Oia. It really was a perfect choice. There are several good restaurants very close by if you don't want to make the walk down to Fira.
Don't hesitate to choose this hotel, it was great - especially if you enjoy small, quiet, private, luxury accomodations with an emphasis on personal attention.
We had so much fun! And....use a travel agent - it will make things SO much easier - it was great to not have to worry about a thing (transfers, ferries etc). We've done it both ways and I will never do it all myself in Europe again - not worth the trouble. Fantasy Travel is wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built at the highest point of Santorini’s steep cliffs at the legendary caldera, the Astra Suites complex enjoys the privilege of a magical panoramic view to the caldera and the immense Aegean Sea. It is the place where everything and everybody “conspire” to make you feel a VIP during your vacations. Twenty seven sumptuous Suites decorated in Cycladic style and 8 tempting suites with jacuzzi and private swimming pool welcome you to a hospitable environment where the discreet service of each individual guest is the complex’s basic instinct, and the protection of his private moments constitutes the staff’s basic priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Bookgreece.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Astra Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astra Hotel Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Hotel
- Astra Apartments Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Santorini
- Astra Suites Santorini/Imerovigli