“Romance, tranquility and natural beauty”
Review of Astra Suites

Astra Suites
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

My new husband and I just returned from an amazing week at Astra Suites for part of our honeymoon. We loved the hotel, staff and generally everything about our stay so much I am actually writing this review on the last leg of our journey home.

We stayed in the honeymoon suite which is TOTALLY worth splurging for! It is the consummate luxury and private (which is tough to get in Santorini). Comes with a private jacuzzi and lounge chairs on the terrace which shouldn't be ignored.

The grounds were always immaculate. The location is very convenient and allows for action packed days or just for lounging around. Costas keeps the great drinks flowing by the pool bar and George and his staff can help book excursions or make reservations at the drop of a hat! (Special shout out to Maria :)). The staff truly goes out of their way to make sure you have an amazing experience and it does not go unnoticed.

We are so very happy we chose Astra and hope to be back for an anniversary! Kudos Astra!

PS. Don't forget your walking shoes, Santorini in General is quite hilly!

Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is one of the most beautiful places I have ever stayed at. Not only, of course, is Santorini, one of the top travel destinations in the world, but Imerovigli and then this hotel must be the top places to stay at on the island. Located 300 meters above sea level, you enjoy you breakfasts and sunsets on your own terrace. The views are more than fantastic. Huge cruise ships anchor in the bay, but they look like toys from above. When we go back, we will most certainly stay here again. The staff was extremely nice, especially Annmari, who even had all recommendations freshly translated for us when we arrived! Our suite was spacious with two terraces and all the facilities we could need. The location (Imerovigli) is at a suitable distance from the very busy Fira, where most of the cruise ship travelers end up during daytime.

Don’t miss the walk to Oía, Dimitri’s tavern at Ammoudi Bay in Oía where you eat pieds-à-l’eau and the excellent-value tavern Anogi in Imerovigli village. And the wine. Santorini PDO is the best white wine in Greece.

Room Tip: Room 105 has excellent views, two terraces. It is located above the pool, but quite secluded.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

It is the perfect place for relaxing, having fun, being in love and in general feel special! Amazing suites (beautifully decorated), magical view, beautiful pool, tasteful food and nice cocktails are just few things that will make it hard to leave! As for the personnel very professional, polite, friendly and always there in case you need anything. Is a piece of paradise for me!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Varvara M
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

This is by far and away the most magical hotel I have ever stayed in.y wife and I were here for 4 nights of our honeymoon and we were sad to leave to head to Italy. It was absolutely perfect top to bottom. The staff was incredible, the views are just insane (no need to go to oia for the sunset) and it is perfectly situated in the middle of the island. Rent and ATV and explore away. I wish I was still there. The breakfast delivered to your balcony is top notch as well!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Jaybones723
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel exceeded me and my family's expectations. I was traveling with my two teens and we found everything about this island gem to be amazing! It is very modern in its amenities which is not common on the Greek islands. Rooms were roomy enough and bathrooms were actually really cool...love the tile and fixtures. It was impeccably clean and we felt secure...two very important things for me when I travel. The staff was exceptional, spoke English flawlessly and went out of their way to help, guide and advise you throughout our stay. The pool is epic...not gigantic but it gives the feeling of being set on the edge of the cliff and has in pool benches. There is a bar there and cool music in the background. We loved it. But the most outstanding feature is the location. Situated on the highest point on the caldera our views and caldera visual access were unmatched! They deliver breakfast every morning to your balcony overlooking the caldera and you just watch the morning unfold in front of your eyes. And in the evening there really is no better spot to watch the sunset. They have a small restaurant too with great sunset views too. I don't care what anyone says...Ive visited Santorini at least 6 times and this location and this hotel was the best place to be. The only down side would be for folks that may not be able to negotiate steps very well. It is a walk from the taxi/ driveway area near the hotel that does require a bit of stamina. Remember, the hotel is built into the side of a cliff. But if you take your time up and down there should be no problem. I absolutely will return again! This was a true dream come true!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mamajamma18
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My Wife and I stayed here at the end of our honeymoon for 5 nights. The staff at Astra were unbelievably polite and helpful and organised boat trips, spa trips, taxi's, car rental and restaurant bookings for us throughout our stay. Not only were they helpful but also really knowledgeable about Santorini and we weren't disappointed with any of their recommendations. If you enjoy being treated as a 'special guest', this is the place for you. Some great little touches made it a very special stay too, such as 'made to order' breakfast everyday, complimentary champagne and use of the spa room. Can definitely see us returning in the future! Hot Tip - Make sure you try the Coconut Chilli Mojito's!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and also my husbands bday. Astra suites made every effort to make our stay enjoyable and pleasant. Upon check in they gave us 2 complimentary drinks, a bottle of wine and flowers in our room and the following day, they left us a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolates! Little things like that go a long way! The views from our balcony were simply breathtaking. Staying in that hotel is an experience in itself because you get to be directly on the caldera and get the feel of what santorini is all about. I highly recomend Astra as they went above and beyond to satisfy all of our requests, as well as being willing to organize anything we asked them to. Highly recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa
#18 of 50 in Imerovigli
Santorini Princess
Santorini Princess
#8 of 50 in Imerovigli

Been to Astra Suites? Share your experiences!