We have just returned from a two week holiday in Greece taking in Athens, Santorini and Crete. We stayed for 6 nights at Astra - 5 of which were in a standard apartment and 1 of which was in a jacuzzi suite (courtesy of a free upgrade!). The location of Astra is excellent and from our private balcony we had an amazing view of the Caldera and the sunsets. The standard apartment itself was very clean and consisted of a kitchen / living room, bedroom and a nice shower room. In reality you would not want to spend a lot of time in the apartment which was not particularly spacious - however as mentioned before the balcony was brilliant and eating breakfast outside each morning and watching the sunsets each evening was great.
On our last night we were fortunate to receive a free upgrade to a jacuzzi suite which was incredible - absolutely huge open plan living room / bedroom, massive bathroom, massive balcony with jacuzzi and the same great view over the caldera - really stunning and if you can afford it you will not be disappointed.
The service at Astra is uniformly excellent and the location is for me the best in Santorini - right on a great coastal path that takes you to Fira with a number of decent restaurants on the way. It is very expensive to stay there which is reflective of Santorini in general. There is also a very nice communal pool and bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built at the highest point of Santorini’s steep cliffs at the legendary caldera, the Astra Suites complex enjoys the privilege of a magical panoramic view to the caldera and the immense Aegean Sea. It is the place where everything and everybody “conspire” to make you feel a VIP during your vacations. Twenty seven sumptuous Suites decorated in Cycladic style and 8 tempting suites with jacuzzi and private swimming pool welcome you to a hospitable environment where the discreet service of each individual guest is the complex’s basic instinct, and the protection of his private moments constitutes the staff’s basic priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Astra Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astra Hotel Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Hotel
- Astra Apartments Imerovigli
- Astra Apartments Santorini
- Astra Suites Santorini/Imerovigli