Heliotopos Hotel
Regina Mare Hotel(Imerovigli)
Remezzo Villas(Imerovigli)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsnatural cavecave restaurantsqueezed orange juicehighest point of the calderaspent a weekamazing hotelviews are spectacularwould highly recommend this hotelaegean seabreakfast was delicioussantorini experiencecave roomthe clifflocal winewe loved our staysmall poolwatching the sunset
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I visited Heliotopos with friends in 2012. The weather was amazing and the hotel was perfect. It was one of the most beautiful places I had ever been to in my life. The magnificent view of the Mediterranean and volcanoes will blow you away. The hotel has the most picturesque view of the sunset that you’ll feel as though you are in a postcard. The hotel has immaculate service. The hotel staff always do all they can to make you feel special and welcome. I felt like Heliotopos was my home away from home. Heliotopos has a wonderful pool and a restaurant with home cooked amazing foods. It is located within walking distance from the shopping distract and is only 5 minutes away from the nearest bus stop.

I am going back to Heliotopos in about 10 days for another unforgettable vacation.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2013

An amazing Boutique Hotel with breathtaking views.Rooms are very nice build on a traditional way to give you the full feeling to one of the most beautiful Cycladic Island The stuff and the owner of the hotel are outstanding giving you whatever is possible for an amazing holiday during your stay.Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Highly recommended.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2013

It is not easy to describe, in some words, the whole sensation you feel when you live it: Heliotopos is situated in a magnifiscent island -Santorini-, but this is not just its strongest advantage. Heliotopos has a gorgeous [if not the best] view to the Volcano. Moreother, the best ever hospitality that someone -not a friend or relative- has given me. Just to mention, my girlfriend and I had our most romantic moments there. For all these reasons, I (or we, you never know) will come back there and hope this moment won't be late. Amongst others, to taste again Mrs Lilla's cheese pie.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dominique D
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Stayed here in Mid April in 4 person room (2Adults, 2 children - 11 and 8).
Very warm and friendly staff but in no way intrusive. In fact the hotel has more of a guesthouse feel. Yiota was generous with her time and advice. She took washing into town to get done for us, helped with itineraries and was great with the children.
Location: Imergroveli is a good 20 -30 minute walk to Fira. We did the walk every day with 2 children without difficulty. The view is beautiful along the old cobble paths between the whitewashed buildings. If you don't want to walk, there is a bus stop about 5 mins away. In terms of places to eat, there are 2 nice places Atiund the corner. Lots of mini marts should you want to make some snacks. The view from the hotel is amazing. It is in an exposed spot so can be very windy although this applies to most of the area.
Rooms: Very clean. Comfortable beds with electric blankets should you need them. Flushable toilets and clean bathroom and shower. Need to turn on the hot water heater 20 mins before a shower. Heater for winter and air-conditioner for summer. Nice vibe- feels like home.
Breakfast is included with fresh orange juice and coffee made to order. We were always full afterwards.

We would stay here again

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Picture yourself arriving at a freestanding doorway: It opens up to a breathtaking view of Indigo oceans kissing dark volcanic cliffs that cradle beautifiul white and blue curved abodes drenched in the Greek sunlight. Open your eyes. This is not a dream. This is Heliotopos.

Upon arrival, the stunning views literally brought tears to my eyes. We were greeted with a warm welcome and asked what drinks we desired. Greek wine, of course! They gave us an introduction to the view and the hotel, escorted personally to our two-level rooms to freshen up. After, they made wonderful suggestions on what we could do for the rest of the afternoon. With a cute hand-drawn map in hand, we walked to Fira during the sunset and had an amazing dinner at a restaurant they suggested (Ialways check suggestions on Tripadvisor). Heliotopos is meticulous with their customer service -- coordinated a car rental for the third day for some self touring and a way to the airport, suggested a restaurant within 10 minutes walking distance for the second night, delivered red wine and extra water on request, and Yiota checked us in to our departure flight and made two print outs of each pass that were needed at the local airport (something I would not have known). Breakfast was delicious - complete with eggs done upon request (I had perfectly poached eggs every morning), fresh meats, cheeses, spanakopita or similar warm featured dish, local olives and the local tomato spread (indigenous to the island) that I was addicted to. The best part was that the breakfast was set in a cave - I loved the quaint setting. The rooms were quaint and so absolutely lovely - the upper floors complete with a sitting area that opened to a perfect balcony (our room also had a kitchenette). I slept solidly on the comfy bed. The surprise of the trip was when we arrived at the airport with the car rental, the attendant gave us a laundry bag, "from Yiota." My husband had inadvertently left some shirts in the room as we quickly packed to leave. Heliotopos took the time to get the shirts to us! Amazing service.

Note that we went off season and still had amazing service. I really think they are listening to Tripadvisor suggestions and making the appropriate changes. They will continue to go up in ratings on Tripadvisor, I am sure.

Room Tip: Rooms are slightly different. Some rooms have bed warmers, some have kitchenettes... you may want to contact the hotel if you have special needs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple