“Heliotopos, a reason for our amazing stay in Santorini!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Heliotopos Hotel

Heliotopos Hotel
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
Beirut, Lebanon
“Heliotopos, a reason for our amazing stay in Santorini!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

Take a good look at a Santorini postcard with its dramatic scenery of white and blue lodges, perched atop imposing cliffs, plunging into the azure Aegean. Now go to Heliotopos, and admire the same view (and much much more) every morning when you wake up, and at night right before you go to sleep.

I came over with friends (15 people total) for a wedding and we stayed there for 3 amazing days.

In terms of location, it is difficult to find much better. Other than the breathtaking view, the hotel is only a few minutes away from the main city Fira. We were able to enjoy our peace and quiet at the hotel when we wanted (whether outside at the pool area or in it's comfortable rooms), and head straight to Fira with all its stores, restaurants and bars when we wanted some more action.

Every morning we woke up to Heliotopos' award winning breakfast. It would be a sin to come to Santorini without tasting their delicious homemade marmalades (my personal favorite: the kiwi marmalade).

And last but not least, the friendly and dedicated people who work there did everything (always with a smile) to make sure we had a memorable stay. Whether it was to suggest good restaurants or make reservations for one of the many island activities, they did it wholeheartedly.

Santorini is definitely worth another visit, and when I come back, I know where I'm going to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ramzi_Sem

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Greek first
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

We had the most amazing wedding day at Heliotopos. Naturally, as a bit of a control freak I was apprehensive about letting someone else organise my wedding day, but after a couple of emails back and forth with Lila I knew we were in safe hands.
When we finally got to meet Lila it felt like meeting an old friend, it might sound corny, but it's true. She is such a lovely lady, so easy to chat to, reassuring, and helpful. It's this attitude that makes Heliotopos a very special place to get married.
There were some lovely little thoughtful touches about the day (like a phonecall while I was getting ready to ask if I was hungry and needed a snack) and when we got back to our room following our wedding breakfast. I won't say what as I don't want to spoil things for future brides, but it was altogether lovely.
The setting is second to none, the service is friendly and efficient, and I hope we will keep in touch with Lila, and revisit Santorini many times in the years to come.
A very, very special place.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Heliotopos as last stop on our wedding/honeymoon Euro-tour. It was my first trip to Santorini and the staff could not have made is feel more welcome. We were greeted at checkin with wine, baklava, and a hand drawn map of best places to see and eat on the island. The view from our balcony was breathtaking. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, I promise you will NOT be disappointed! I wish I was there right now.

• Stayed May 2013
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

We first stayed at Heliotopos Hotel for 4 nights and so lucky we have stayed in 3 different subjects of the hotel rooms. And we married at this hotel on the mid of May. The china representative of Heliotopos hotel - Ms. Qin is very helpful, and she was answered our email quickly. She solved some problems that we did not consider. She organized our wedding planning and the short trip planning to Crete Island. So we must to say a big THANK YOU to Qin.

Lila, Vanda, Yiota are very extremely helpful and friendly. Lila was sharing her experiences and talking to everybody personally, look likes a house ma ma. We also found the paintings and the decorations all around the hotels lobby, restaurant and inside of the rooms since she is an artist and we love her styles also. The food of breakfast and the dinner were original Greek family styles food and tasted delicious, and we tasted the different of the pie daily, yummy, yummy!! Someone told us the breakfast is made by Lila every morning. Even our candlelight dinner was made by herselves I believe. We have very romance wedding dinner and the food is amazing delicious than others restaurant. She is genius. Lila, we LOVE you and have to say a big THANK YOU to you and all staff of hotel! We promise we will back again in the future.

Finally, I have to say thank you to my Videographer and Helen who is my hair stylist & make up. Helen, I think you have chosen the right place and really enjoy your life in Santorini. Anyway, thank you so much everything yours both did for us.

We really enjoyed and memorable our wedding day and stayed at Heliotopos, Santorini. As we know that there are many new modern hotels built at Fira or Oia, but may be they cannot provide you the friendly service like your home, your family, your best friend. We recommend you should stay with them.

We really enjoyed and memorable our wedding day and stayed at Heliotopos, Santorini. As we know many new and modern hotel built at Fira or Oia, but may be they cannot give you the friendly service like your home, your family, your best friend.

We recommend you should stay with them.

Hudson, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

The very best views of the Caldera are from your balcony at Heliotopos! Our "cave dwelling" felt like a spacious apartment with more room than we needed and every amenity you'd expect from a 5 star hotel. The hotel boasts the most perfect location in all of Santorini with an easy walk to Fira but away from all the noise and traffic that Fira has. We made the hike to Oia as well as hiked up Skaros which are easily accesible from the hotel...two things you should not miss while on Santorini. Heliotopos serves a great breakfast with the best fresh squeezed orange juice you can find. All of this makes for a good hotel but what makes it a truly amazing hotel are the wonderful people who operate it and invite you into their hotel. They will give you all the recommendations you need and make you feel as though they are welcoming you into their home.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brenton T
Lake Jackson, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

The very best of Santorini. Stayed her with my wife and five year old daughter during the middle of May. Start the day off with a breakfast in a cave and end it with the most awesome view of the sunset. Why would you stay anywhere else? The helpful staff never missed on recommendations for dining or sightseeing. We are so grateful. My daughter still misses the staff as they were so wonderful with her. If you are looking for a great Boutique Hotel for family or a romantic getaway in Santorini, you've found it here!

Room Tip: All rooms offer a great views!