“Dreaming of going back!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Heliotopos Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Heliotopos Hotel
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
San Jose
“Dreaming of going back!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my 30th birthday and could not have dreamed of a better place to celebrate!!! It was my first time traveling internationally, which I expressed to the staff, and they were beyond welcoming and comforting from the moment I walked in the door to the second I left.

I can't find enough words to express how much I enjoyed my stay here! The hotel itself, my room, the views, the food, the staff, EVERYTHING - PERFECT!!! I love to experience new places, but I truly cannot see myself staying anywhere in Greece - I cannot wait to go back!!!

As I mentioned, this trip was for my 30th birthday. The staff found out and went well above and beyond to celebrate my birthday and make me feel special. They had flowers delivered to my room, provided a heartwarming handwritten card, and even surprised me with the most delicious cake (and candle to blow out!) and birthday song while laying out by the pool. I was immediately brought to tears by their generosity and care to make my stay the absolute best it could be.

I cannot speak highly enough of the Heliotopos Hotel and it's AMAZING staff, but truly encourage everyone to choose this for their stay and get ready for your dreams to come true :)

Room Tip: From what I could tell, they are all fabulous!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Megan S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

The most amazing place to stay.. I recommend it for everybody.. Excellent service.. Excellent food.. Excellent rooms..enjoyed it so much .. Let it be your next destination ......don't miss it.. People are amazing and friendly....

• Stayed June 2013
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I have traveled all over the world throughout my life and stayed at some of the best places and hotels there are to offer. Coming to Greece with my boyfriend, I had no idea what to expect, as he chose which part of the island and the hotel we would be staying at.
To my surprise my boyfriend became my fiancé on the first night of our stay at Heliotopos. I could not have imagined or dreamed of a better proposal! Eleni and Lila helped my fiancé plan the most amazing and surprising proposal anyone could have possibly imagined! Not only will I remember the most amazing engagement of my life while in Santorini, I will also remember the very best trip of my life! My fiancé and I chose to participate in every activity offered on the island... however without the help of the wonderful staff at Heliotopos this would not have been possible!
Eleni and Lila set us up to see all of the amazing excursions the island had to offer! From cooking class, to wine tasting, kayaking, sailing, renting a car, and exploring the various towns around the island, we were supported to have the most amazing experience of our lives!
Every morning I woke up to the very best meal one could ask for, for their favorite meal of the day! The breakfast staff is amazing and the food is fresh and sooo very tasty! From fresh fruit, to yogurt, to various cooked dishes… This breakfast is Amazing!
While there are many amazing hotels one could stay at while on Santorini, you would Definitely 100% miss out on the best, most welcoming, most amazing, experience of your life, if you do not stay at HELIOTOPOS while in Santorini!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rachael k
Wroclaw, Poland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Don't be fooled by the pictures. This is listed as luxury hotel and is priced accordingly but it fell short in many ways. We booked a queen size bed but received a double bed with an old lumpy mattress against a wall which forced me to sleep apart from my partner on the couch. Not ideal for a honeymoon or romantic interlude so we were forced to flee after rejecting their offer of another overpriced sub par room. The views are stunning from all the hotels in this area so do yourself a favor and stay in real luxury for a similar price with the added bonus of excellent service elsewhere!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Islandmuse
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Just returned from helitopos. Amazing place!!
Our stay was excellent including the wonderful breakfast. We stayed in room 28 and our jaws hit the floor on entering the room. The hotel is quaint, authentic, traditional and ultra friendly Greek! That's what you get and more. Never a problem getting info from activities to restaurant recommendations.
In our opinion Go Go Go, you will not be disappointed.
Thank you all for a amazing stay.
(Special thanks to Lila, see you next year for our wedding x)
Paul & Clare

• Stayed August 2013
Taormina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed as a couple expecting something incredible for 310 euro a night. What we got was far from luxury (as advertised on trip adviser) and a suite (more like a pensione). And I have travelled all over the world and never paid this much for this quality. While the greeting was good the hotel fell short in so many ways, the front desk is generally unmanned for most of the time. Every thing was average from the splash pool size (with 4 deck chairs if you can get one) and views are restricted by buildings. Yes there are nice views above the buildings but there are views from almost everywhere in Imerovigli. The bathroom, toilet shower was literally about 2 metres square with cracked tiling. The tap and door handle fell off while using them, the hair dryer didn't work. The kitchen bench was unusable with wiring strewn all over it for the intermittent wifi router and phone. There is a switch for hot water and the bed was a double (and old lumpy mattress) not a 'queen' as advertised! and hard up against a wall so my partner had to sleep on the couch. The breakfast was very simple and not hosted. I asked for staff (all one of them) to arrange a car four times throughout the day and although promised it never arrived. Staying at one of the Astra Junior Suites the next night 30 metres away for barely more money was like chalk and cheese. Fantastic views, huge pool, great service, great bar, breakfast delivered (and cooked) and amazing room at the Astra, proper 'suites' with a proper queen size bed and amazing shower. My car was organised in 5 minutes! Don't fall for the spin at the Heliotopos, it's a three star at best hotel/pensione which should be at about a third of the cost advertised.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank BSdetective007
HeliotoposHotel, Owner at Heliotopos Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear sirs, thank you for the feedback, we are always looking at guest advices to improve ourselves. We do find what you wrote unfair to be honest. We are everything we say we are. We are not advertised under luxury hotels but as a traditional one. The pool is exactly as seen on photos online. There is always someone at the reception, and in case the employee is in the back office on the moment you visit, there is a bell you can ring for them to know you are there. Our breakfast has been awarded several times, this could not happen if it was unmanned. How could it be when we serve fresh orange juice, and eggs upon request, and any type of coffee you may like? The bathroom in your room was not big and a tile is broken yes. But as soon as the tap broke we replaced it within 2 hours. The hair dryer is a typical hotel hair dryer, with heat limit for safety issues. We did offer to you a professional hair dryer that you did not want us to bring to you. As for the switch, I am assuming you mean the boiler that you need to turn on for 10 minutes to have hot water. I don't see how this is a problem. Our hotel is built on the cliff, where the law does not allow us to have thermal-accumulators on the settlement. Regarding the car arrangement for the next morning , you did ask for it 4 times but we confirmed this to you since the first time you asked....and you left before the time you arranged for the car to be here. We even offered a room change from the studio you had booked, but you informed us that you preferred to find another hotel for your second night. Sir, we are not trying to deceive our guests. We are a small, traditional, boutique hotel, family run and at your disposal 24/7. Tourists that are looking for a luxury stay are not the market we are referring to, we are offering a completely different experience.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I am not sure there is a bad place to stay in Santorini because it is so beautiful. The Heliotopos was in the Imerovigli area which has a lot of restaurants you can walk to easily. The owner of the hotel was very accommodating and answered any questions we had with the area. The hotel itself is rustic. Each room is its own little building built into the side of the cliff with an amazing view off each balcony. The view is actually so beautiful it is where many boats go at sunset (the caldera).
Tips: Bring warm clothes because it gets quite cold at night. Also, we did a day trip on a boat and it was the best day of our vacation. It took us to all different beaches and explained the island.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple