“A drop of heaven!”

Heliotopos Hotel
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
“A drop of heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Once you cross the gates of heliotopos you are transferred to a heavenly oasis! If the view isn't enough to take your breath away, then the delicious home cooked breakfast will surely do the trick! Indulge in a pleasantly surprising range of marmalades and enjoy the welcoming smiles of the owners/personnel serving you Greek coffee and stories about the island! An ideal place for a relaxing vacation or a destination wedding!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Greek first
Paphos, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Excellent hospitality and great service. The hotel has an amazing view and the location is very convenient. The room was very clean and spacious. I will definitely choose it again and I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank MyrT87
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited Santorini for our anniversary trip. We stayed at the Heliotopos Hotel. This hotel has a breathtaking view, with balconies in every room. The rooms are great in size and comfort. The management and staff are extremely hospitable, and provide great advice on places to visit and which restaurants to dine at. They took great care of us during our entire stay. Our stay was wonderful because of them. We will definitely stay here again the next time we visit beautiful Santorini, and will also recommend it to our family and friends!

• Stayed November 2013
Burnley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

We were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived, and were even given a choice of rooms. We chose room 24 which was on 2 levels, very spacious, clean, well furnished and had a wonderful very private balcony to sit on and enjoy the views of the caldera (which are trully stunning). The reason for my holiday was to get some late Autumn sunshine and recharge my batteries. I achieved my goal because of the setting, tranquility and staff of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Upon arrival, we were amazed at Heliotopos' exclusive location. It is at the inner most point of the Imerovigli cliffs overlooking the Caldera, shared only by it's neighbours on either side. It sits proudly at the highest peak of the Caldera, you look right and your eyes take you all the way along the Caldera to the tip of Oia. Looking left you can see the volcanic islands in centre of the Caldera and all the way to Akrotiri on the other end of the island.

Each morning we woke up in disbelief at the surreal views. Sunsets were extremely special and very romantic! We spent plenty of time looking around the island, but the view from Heliotopos was the best. Probably one of the reasons they are the hot spot on the island for wedding ceremonies...

As a photographer, I must say that I found no better place to take a full panorama of the Caldera than from Heliotopos. You are centrally located at the highest peak as close to the cliffs as possible, whilst still having a high vantage point. Simply breathtaking...

Heliotopos is the kind of place that my wife and I will be talking about with each other for years to come. The family that runs the hotel and their 'extended family' (the other staff members) are all so amazingly friendly, you instantly feel like you are in a traditional Greek family environment, and that you are very much a welcome part of it! For example, wee arrived quite late on our first night (10pm) to the sounds of laughter and talking and they said "We have been expecting you!". Before we knew it, we were sitting with the family sharing in laughter, cheese and wine!

Breakfast in the courtyard was also amazing and cannot be left unmentioned. Each morning the staff are willing and waiting for a request of fresh hand squeezed orange juice and/or some freshly cooked eggs (any way you want them). Also on rotation are the traditional family recipes of pies, slices, cakes, and homemade jams and marmalades. So so yummy!!!

From the courtyard it was only a few steps away to the privacy and amazing silence of our apartment.

The apartment we stayed in was two stories with views of the entire Caldera with a lounge suite and nice outdoor setting on the balcony. It is an amazing place to relax, read a good book whilst sipping on some local wine and enjoying the view.

The sheer beauty of the area and the comfort of the hotel was exceptional, but what was truly unique and the stand out factor was getting to experience a little bit of what genuine Greek family life is like through the friendly staff at Heliotopos.

We toured Europe for 3 months and without hesitation, Heliotopos was the highlight of our trip and was unlike anything else we experienced!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Adam B
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have just returned from being married at the hotel Heliotopos . It has the most wonderful staff and wedding coordinator team I have ever met . Our day was perfect and the team at the hotel made both the wedding and our stay seamless and enjoyable . If you want to stay as close to heaven as you can and be married in the most beautiful spot in the world hotel Heliotopos is the place to go. Wonderful memories will remain with us forever .

• Stayed October 2013
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

I absolutely loved this hotel... there were only two shortcomings... our bathroom and the pool, but those things aside everything was wonderful. The staff at the hotel is fantastic... friendly, knowledgeable, caring, resourceful, and dedicated to ensure we had a wonderful time.

The setting is perfect... both the hotel and the surrounding area. Our room was large, unique, comfortable, a good value, and had an amazing balcony where we took in the sunset on most of the nights we were there. The furniture in the room was very comfortable and a perfect place to relax and take in the view and the fresh air. This hotel is extremely well positioned to take in the sunsets. I loved the windows of our room and we would keep those open at night and enjoy the breeze.

Breakfast was included with the room and everything was delicious! I should note, there are several amazing restaurants in walking distance of the Helitopos which I truly enjoyed. We were often rushed trying to squeeze in as much as we could and it was nice to know we could eat somewhere amazing after a short walk. The hotel can set you up with reservations and directions to all of these restaurants.

Let's talk about the bathroom... I travel alot and I'm lucky enough to go to some amazing places... I had read another review about this hotel and someone was quite damning about the bathooms, so I knew it was a possible shortcoming upon my arrival. Yes, I would agree the bathroom doesn't meet the standard of today's luxury hotels as well as the standard set by this hotel from all other perspectives, but it didn't take away from my overall experience. My counsel would be to set your expectations accordingly as it relates to the bathroom and you will be fine.

One other thing... If you are looking for a large infinity pool, you will not get that here. The pool is relatively small with 3 lounge chairs next to it. That being said, I spent several hours relaxing by the pool and a little time in the pool and while small it was still wonderful. As you walk the area, you will see some of the newer hotels have larger pools with more seating options. A nice to have in my mind.

In the end, this hotel comes highly recommended!!! You will not want to leave this place!

Room Tip: Room 24 was brilliant!