“Amazing!!”

Heliotopos Hotel
Ranked #26 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Couldn't have asked for a better stay! This family owned and run hotel was lovely! Always helpful and a beautiful view! It was like heaven! The staff was so helpful in every way possible! I would stay at Heliotopos again if I ever go back to Santorini.

Room Tip: There are only 10 rooms in this hotel. All of them have wonderful views of the Caldera and the suns...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Greek first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had an absolutely amazing time in Santorini. The staff at this traditional Greek hotel were really helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Our room (28) had amazing views of the Caldera and what felt like a private view of the sunset.

The team at the hotel gave us lots of great hints and tips for sightseeing and eating out. Freddie and Anna provided a lovely breakfast each day - with your personal preference of eggs and freshly squeezed orange juice (we liked this so much we cam home and bought a juicer!).

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone looking for a special break in a traditional Greek hotel.

Room Tip: Room 28 had marvellous views go the Caldera and the sunset.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JandIB
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I am currently sat in this amazing hotel admiring the stupendous view from the balcony of our studio. I have travelled extensively over the years and I can honestly say I have never met such courteous, friendly and helpful staff, nothing is too much trouble, they even ordered in my wife's favourite tipple because they didn't stock it. The hotel itself is extremely well maintained and immaculate, our room is restored to perfection on a daily basis. I will be recommending the heliotropos to everyone it know and I guarantee we will be returning very soon. A huge thank you to all who work here..... You are fantastic people

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gari P
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had such a wonderful experience at this hotel. From the moment we walked in the staff (mostly family) were so helpful and nice. Throughout our stay they went out of their way to make us feel at home and comfortable. They were so friendly, and especially nice to our little girl (15M at the time). They gave us information on where to go and what to see, taking the time to show us on maps, and recommended numerous places to visit and eat. The home cooked food was delicious, the views and location world-class. The accommodations were truly authentic, we felt like we had the "true" Santorini-experience. The service throughout our stay was impeccable and we can't say enough about this wonderful, family-run hotel. We would go back there tomorrow!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Crystal C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've read many reviews on trip advisor when planning my trips for the past 5 years, but I have never written a review until now. I have no reservations in recommending this hotel. Where do I start. The views of the caldera from the many balconies was breathtaking. Great place to watch the sunset. The location of this hotel on the island was great. I purposely picked Imergovili b/c it was between Oia and Fira. We did not rent a car. We walked a lot. Took the bus a couple times and took a cab too. All was easy.

The rooms were unique and each one was different. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. There were 5 of us in our group. We had 2 rooms.

The breakfast was great. They offered a wide variety of options. We would easily get filled up. I loved the greek yogurt at the hotel. They served it w/ the option to add things like honey, nuts and homemade marmalade. My favorite was the strawberry.

What was even better than the accommodations was the hospitality of the hotel staff. It is a family run business. Staff were SOOOOOO welcoming, informative, kind, helpful, and fun. Elani, Nora, Angela (Lila), and Freddy were great!!!! Freddy was a hard working and happy man! They gave great tips on good local food. All of their island restaurant recommendations were fabulous. Great meals. They made maps for me to take the walk to Oia and to Skaros Rock, both of which I recommend. The walk from the hotel to Fira was beautiful too. A shorter walk if you are not up for the longer but beautiful walk from the hotel to Oia. We would chat each evening when we got home from our activities. We would wind down w/ a glass of wine (try the dessert wine - I think it begins w/ a V) or decaf latte. They also had a cake for me for my 50th birthday. It was very nice. They are genuine people - good people. They have pride in their island - and they should. They also have a lot to be proud about w/ their hotel. They know what good customer service is all about. I felt like family and it was genuinely hard to say good bye.

This was my first trip to Greece and Santorini, but won't be the last to Santorini.

Elaini - Nora - Angela - and Freddy - love you and miss you! Thanks for making my 50th birthday celebration unforgettable. You are fabulous people, provide great customer service and have a great hotel !!!!!!!!

Deb

Room Tip: Each room may have some type of balcony. Our two rooms had great views. Ask for a room w/ a balcon...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank DebMcDC
Baar
Reviewed 3 June 2014

It is not only to superb location which makes Heliotopos worth for a stay. It is also the fantastic staff which give you great advice for traditional Greek restaurants but also for day trips. We have enjoyed a two storey-room with private balcony. The view is stunning! We walked a lot along the cliff path either to Oia or Fira. If we had to mention what we did not like so much then the tiny bathroom comes to our mind. But overall - a great stay in a great hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Rita Z
Vestal, New York
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Santorini is truly a magical place, and our spirits were lifted even further when we arrived to find out that we had be upgraded to a suite apartment on the edge of the caldera.The location of Heliotopos is at the highest point on the island, and the views are just magnificent. The hotel is located in the quiet suburb of the Imerovigli, so no all night party noise.The family owned hotel's staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Every morning we treated with a large and varied breakfast with fresh squeezed orange juice. Every room tastefully decorated by the owner and artist Lila. whom we got to know quite well while we were there. She cooked delicious meals for us and shared food and life experiences until very late in the evening on more than one occasion. We were able to walk to a number of great tavernas without having to take a bus or car.The hotel is on the Oia to Fira trail so if your so inclined you walk between the cities. If you want an experience Santorini in a relaxing and friendly atmosphere, this hotel was a great choice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family