“Breathtaking views - Friendliest people - One of the best summers of my life”
Review of Heliotopos Hotel

Heliotopos Hotel
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
New York
“Breathtaking views - Friendliest people - One of the best summers of my life”
Reviewed 28 August 2009

So everyone knows that New Yorkers are hard to please.
Well I thought long and hard before I wrote this review and I could not find a single thing that I did not like.
I simply loved the experience. I loved it from the minute I stepped foot in the hotel and I walked outside and admired the view... It was breathtaking, it was too much to handle 400 meter cliff overlooking the Aegean Sea as the sun is slowly setting while one can actually smell the sea and the island. I was in awe.
That first impression has stayed with me and I still go to the website every now and then to go through the pictures or check the view live form the webcam...
On top of that I was welcomed by the friendliest of people. Happy, with sunny dispositions and always willing to help.
Next year is too far ahead for me to make plans just yet but I am very seriously considering going back :).
Thank you Heliotopos for this magnificent experience

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Greek first
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed 27 August 2009

Having the personal touch that Heliotopos hotel offers and puts so much effort in doing it makes you love this place. I would like to congratulate Lila, Yiotta, Stella, and other staff members in the hotel for having a nice smile on their faces, if other hotels know how much that is worth they will create a smiling department to host their guests. Of course that's aside from their massive efforts in talking all day to every single guest whether it's trying to accommodate or help them with something they need help with. Food is impeccable, and myself and my wife (and our friends) are foodies, we love and appreciate good food. Rooms were spotless and very unique. The View is one of the best in Greece not just Santorini. Finding a good service oriented hotel in Greece is not easy, so without a doubt we would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for good service and a great place to stay at in Santorini. Thank you Heliotopos hotel staff for a wonderful 3 night vacation.

Take Care,
Omar
onaggar@gmail.com
Cairo, Egypt

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
US
Reviewed 20 August 2009

I was worried that this place could not live up to the hype of having such a wonderful staff--and yet they continued their great service even after we left. My husband and I had bought a souvenir for our baby's room and 3 days before the baby was born, I dropped it and it shattered. I wrote to the staff to ask if they had any suggestions on how to get a new one and they offered to go to the store and get a duplicate for us! They are amazingly helpful and kind.

We felt welcomed from the moment we arrived--the hotel is small enough that you really get a personal touch. The views are fabulous. The rooms are picturesque. Plus, you can't beat the views! I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed 12 August 2009

I just returned from 3 days in Santorini and absolutely loved the island and Hotel Heliotopos. I was torn between staying in Imergovilli and Oia and I'm glad I stayed in Imergovilli, which is located about a 10 minute drive to Fira and a ~30 minute drive to Oia. Fira is very touristy and Oia, while charming, was very crowded as well. The location of hotel heliotopos is on a quiet area of Santorini which is great if you're looking for a nice, relaxing place to stay. The room was very nice (they upgraded for no reason!) and the breakfast (served until 11:30 am) was great too. The staff was very helpful and warm. I am a woman and was traveling solo and never felt unsafe - the staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable as well. Note that there are a lot of stairs throughout Santorini in general but you can easily rent a car or take a taxi to drive from the hotels to the restaurants. When I return to Santorini, I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
So Cal
Reviewed 12 August 2009

We loved our second stay at Heliotopos as much as we did our first, over 13 years ago. Heliotopos has without a doubt the best views I've seen anywhere in the world, period. The hotel staff treat you like family and the location is very convenient to all of the places of interest. One can take a leisurely walk along the caldera to Fira, or take a quick ride over to Oia. Heliotopos is a clean, boutique hotel that is first rate on service. When we go back to Santorini, hopefully sooner than another 13 years, we will not look for any other accommodations.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Beijing
Reviewed 9 August 2009

I had my wedding there, it was fantastic! The wedding group is great. They contacted me several times to confirm each detail point. The staff are very kind and professional. I love this place. I hope we could come back on day.

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 8 August 2009

We stayed at this hotel during our trip to Greece for our first anniversary with my husband.
I can say that it was the best part of our trip to Greece, since we had so many troubles afterwards and decided to cut our vacation short to go back home. But the staff at Heliotops were very welcoming, you could feel it even during our e-mail conversations for reservation etc. they were very friendly and the service was excellent. They have even upgraded our room to a suite because of the occasion, that was very nice of them :-)
Our plane was very delayed and we came in very frustrated but even Andreas who meeted us at the airport was so friendly and nice that we forgot about it. The room was very nice, with two floors, but the amazing thing was the view. You can see the caldera right in front of you from the rooms, it was absolutely breathtaking.
The hotel is located in a very quiet area of Santorini which is great if you are looking for a nice, romantic place to stay without the town's noise. But beware that you need to rent an ATV, motorbike or car to be able to go to the beaches or other places in the island. The hotel is far from the bus station. But ATV is very fun, we managed to see everywhere on an ATV.
The breakfast was great, the lady who was serving there was great too, she remembers what you like, and if you want coffee or tea or orange juice and serves you with pleasure.
I would be very much recommend this hotel to everyone.
Thank you very much Stella, Yiota and Andreas and all the staff that I don't know the names of for taking care of us so nicely.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple