“Amazing Views”

Iliovasilema Suites
Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed 7 July 2008

Great views. Great Sunset (better the Oia in early June)

The service was excellent, the rooms fantastic. We had a superior suite. Its not particularly cheap but I am not sure anywhere in Santorini is.

I would stay here again. But there seems to be plenty of accomdation options all along the cauldra

Its an nice 25 min walk along the Cauldra path to Fira there are some great resturants along the way.

• Stayed: June 2008
2  Thank BradUK

Reviewed 1 July 2008

The most beautiful hotel on Santorini! We went to Santorini for a wedding. We had no idea what to expect. I booked this hotel because I wanted a nice view. It was not just a nice view, it was the most fantastic view in the world! Our friends that were getting married stayed at the hotel next door to ours by coincidence. We saw their honeymoon suite, and it did not compare to ours. We had more space (2 bathrooms and 2 beds) and we had the best view. Ours was so much better that I didn't want the honeymoon couple to see ours because I didn't want to make them jealous.
The view is so breathtaking, I can't even describe it. I couldn't take my eyes off of it.
But not only was the view great, but the rooms were incredible. Huge rooms, nicely decorated. The staff were so friendly. They treated us like honeymooners, even though we were there for another wedding. It actually was our 9th anniversary, but the staff didn't know that. They helped us get ATVs to rent. We had so much fun driving those around the island.
I can't say enough about this hotel. A must stay if you go to Santorini.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
28  Thank Danibruno
Reviewed 22 June 2008

My wife and I (we are 27 to give you a frame of reference) just got back from our Honeymoon in Greece with our first 4 days of our 10 day trip at the Iliovasilema Hotel in Santorini. I must say that I booked my trip because of the reviews on this site so I feel compelled to spread the wealth of information that I received before our trip.

I could write for hours about Santorini to see, to do but I will limit this post for those considering this hotel.

We arrived at the hotel and were shocked at how amazing the view was. Get used to it in Santorini because there arent many other places in the world that compare to it. We had booked the trip through the website of this hotel and everything was incredibly smooth. The manager, Nikos, was waiting for us at the top, our bags taken down to our room for us, to a bottle of wine to enjoy the sunset with.

The apartment we were staying in was at the bottom of the hotel, but by no means the bottom of the cliff. We had room 8. This was their standard apartment. Our balcony was small fitting only a table and 2 chairs, but would definitely not complain about it. The room was sized maybe a little smaller than expected but we were happy with it. THere is no question it is the views you are paying for on this island. Cost was about 200 Euro a night not including breakfast. We never eat at the hotels we are staying at unless its free. Love finding the great places in town. The pool was different than I had hoped. Ok size, but more of a plunge pool than a swimming pool. The kind that are 5-6 ft. deep the whole way around. Only item that I would maybe complaign about, but we realized that it gave us more time at the beaches and exploring the island, so maybe a good thing. Very clean bathrooms and rooms all of the time. The staff is all over it here. I would definitely say you wont be disappointed here. Manager is great, asst. manager is great, they will take care of everything for you. They are there to please and considering the hotel only has about 14 suites, it is very personal, but not intrusive. You occasionally see the staff around, but really will only see them if you need them. I wouldnt recommend staying in one of the suites in front of the pool, just because it isnt private and probably not worth the money to have it.

All in all, great time here and the reviews were a great help.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Nati_Traveler1
Reviewed 10 June 2008

My husband and I stayed at Iliovasilema for four nights during our honeymoon and had an absolutely wonderful stay at Iliovasilema.

We had originally wanted to stay in Oia but found our top choices completely booked. As luck would have it, we found we far prefered Imerovigli's view and less busy vibe. Both the town and this hotel will be our top choices when we come back.

The view is nothing short of breathtaking and the rooms are elegant, comfortable and remarkably spacious. We stayed in a junior suite with a jacuzzi and found we used our lovely front deck nearly non-stop for wine-sipping and sunset-watching.

More than anything, though, the staff at Iliovasilema made our holiday a complete pleasure. Stella and Nico were unfailingly friendly, helpful and always willing to go an extra mile for us. It's obvious the passion they have for the island and the care they take to ensure their guests have wonderful experiences while at the hotel. When asked, they gave us fantastic suggestions for everything from slightly-less-touristy dinner spots, to the best day-sailing options or even ways to deal with challenging parking tickets (!).

We have our fingers crossed that we can indulge in a one-year anniversary visit to Iliovasilema!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
28  Thank torontotraveller9
Reviewed 3 June 2008

When you first arrive, undoubtedly you’ll have the same reaction I did-WOW! What a view. Every room has an unbelievable view of the caldera and the sunsets. The location was perfect for my taste-close enough to walk to some interesting sights, but far enough from the touristy town of Fira. I had a rental car and there is free parking close to the entrance to the apartments. I highly recommend renting something to get you around the island as there’s a lot to see beyond the standards towns of Oia and Fira. In fact, many of the other locations we had all to ourselves or with scarce numbers of tourists compared to the main spots you read about. You’ll probably want to spend one sunset at Oia, because that’s what you do on Santorini. But after that, you’ll find the view from your balcony with a bottle of wine beats that crowded experiece hands down.

Back to the hotel-there are a lot of steps down depending on your room location. Thank goodness for the guy who carries your luggage down. I’m in decent shape but was grateful for that luxury since we were at the bottom of the winding stairs. The rooms are pretty average and when closed up smelled like bug spray. They’re on the small side too, but there’s air conditioning for when the breezes aren’t moving, and a small kitchenette for limited in room eating. The bathroom is also tiny. But again, that view….! We paid 140 Euros for a standard room and only a few other rooms had guests while we were there. In fact, the whole area around the hotel seemed fairly vacant, which added to the relaxing stay. I’m sure that changes in the summer, but if you can go off-season, it’s a treat.

The small staff was friendly and very helpful. In fact, we had a very early flight back to Athens and I joked to the manager during checkout that I’d miss the guy who brought my luggage down and he said, “Oh, he’ll be there-what time?” And he was - at 5:45 a.m.! So that by itself was impressive. I definitely can recommend this place-enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: May 2008
5  Thank Florida-Images
Reviewed 1 March 2008

We have not stayed here yet - I wanted to write a quick note about how hospitable and attentive Nikos KioulafIis is (the general manager). He has responded to all our emails within 24 hours and made planning our trip to Santorini so much easier. We are doing it all ourselves, without a travel agent, so having a reliable contact is such a relief. We had many special requests (late check in, very early breakfast, early transfer to airport, etc.), and he has accommodated all our needs. If the service and hospitality at the hotel is as great as over email, we are really in for a big treat. I will be sure to write again after we actually stay at Iliovasilema in May/June. We booked the junior suite with exterior jacuzzi.

Stayed: March 2008
27  Thank TarheelTraveler81
Reviewed 22 January 2008

This was our 2nd time staying at the Iliovasilema hotel and it was just as wonderful as we remembered it. The view out over the caldera is fantastic. The traditional villas are very clean with all the amentities you need. They are unique, well designed, very comfortable. The staff was amazingly helpful, extremely accomodating and attentive. The large, clean, comfortable rooms over looking at the sunset was truely amazing. We were
relucant to leave the hotel and explore the island, because the view was too beautiful.The location is very convenient because you can walk to Fira (main town) and its only 15-20 minutes away along a small footpath over looking the caldera. Car hire was very easy through the hotel, they organised trasnfers from and to the aiport.
Everything was perfect, so we full heartedly recommend this place to anyone. Iliovasilema has the customer service down to
perfection and that is what make's you don't want to leave.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
29  Thank eleftheros
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Santorini Princess
Santorini Princess
#7 of 50 in Imerovigli

Been to Iliovasilema Suites? Share your experiences!