I have seen some of the reviews on here from people I know were there at the same time as we were so I will try and be as objective as possible. Maybe I didn't expect much and we got a very good deal from Secret Escapes but the truth is the principle reason for booking were the views I saw on the internet before going. When we arrived we were attended to by Elina (correct spelling) and Alex. Let me tell you we have been to some of the top hotels in the world and these 2 young ladies made us feel at home immediately. Not like the sterile corporate experience we are used to. We were apparently upgraded which I took with a pinch of salt but I believe we probably got one of the best suites in the hotel. It was massive if a little quirky. A massive living room, bedroom and a lovely bathroom. And yes the hairdryer was useless (a reference to a previous post) but seriously if you're that bothered go to the local hairdresser! The room was spotless and we can honestly say we know why. They spend hours cleaning them each day and much to my embarrassment hung up and folded clothes I had left lying around. A nice touch on this type of holiday. Breakfast was again quirky but to be honest just talking to Elina and Alex made sure that anything you wanted turned up on your breakfast tray the next morning. As has been mentioned by other reviewers breakfast was delivered by Roberto, a superb man who greeted you everyday with a beaming smile. He would do everything for you and expect nothing in return. Again a welcome change from some of the experiences have encountered in top hotels. I did hear complaints about other rooms from other guests and I tried to look at as many as I could. In the main I would say that most of the rooms I saw were lovely (not as nice as ours) but I wouldn't have had any complaints. One couple complained of having no window and I do think that this would have been a problem for us. We were very lucky and I would certainly recommend room 11. The island is stunning and if all you want to do is lie in the sun then your missing out on the fabulous treasures this island has to offer. But if that is what you want to do there is no better place. Everytime you open your eyes and look out over the Caldera you simply have to smile. OK the sunset. We were lucky enough to meet some great people while we there and our neighbours (yes you Kitkat), Fran, Michael and Carol were a true delight. Somehow we developed a little ritual of gathering on the terrace each evening with a glass of wine or ouzo (yes you Fran) and toasted the magnificent sunset. By the end of the week half of the hotel joined us. A truly lovely end to the day each day. By the way if you travel in April don't expect clear skies every night! One evening the mist rolled in but do you know what who cares we still had fun. My advice. The hotel, the staff, the weather, the local sites and people were all lovely and I would certainly return. If you want Germanic efficiency go to Germany.
Tony & Mad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Imerovigli, one of the most beautiful villages of Santorini Island, you will find the ILIOVASILEMA HOTEL APARTMENTS ("Iliovasilema" is the Greek word for "sunset"). Iliovasilema is situated on the enchanting and world famous Caldera. Built 350m above sea level, offers to its guests the most fascinating view of the volcano and the little islands of the Aegean Sea, as well as of the dazzling sunset. Iliovasilema was initially built in year 1996, has been renovated and remodeled in year 2002 and still grows, following always the rules and the tradition of the Cycladic architecture! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Bookgreece.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iliovasilema Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iliovasillema Hotel Imerovigli
- Iliovasilema Hotel Imerovigli
- Iliovasilema Suites Santorini/Imerovigli