The views of the Caldera and Skaros were pretty. It was pleasant relaxing on the terrace for the couple of hours the sun was out and the wind was not howling. That sadly was the only good point I can think of.
The room could be likened to a stone caravan. Dark, uncomfortable and little storage for clothes and cases. The safe was broken, as was the plug in the washbasin. The room had no tea/coffee making facility and no hairdryer. There was a two ring cooker but no pans or crockery? Bench seat with thin cushions was mildly uncomfortable. WiFi didn't reach us.The shower room was perfunctory and I struggle with the concept of saving used toilet paper in a bin in this day and age.
Breakfast EVERY day was two bread rolls and two croissant,preserves, juice, tea and coffee. No variation, I will probably never eat jam again. There was an option to order from a breakfast menu but at €10 for an omelette etc this was pricey. There was a 'pool' but it was small and to my mind useless.
Checking in was a nightmare, couples sitting round for ages as the management dealt with one couple at a time; eventually shown to the room 'one of the best' (as was everyone else's). I wondered what our superior double was superior to? Checking out was worse. There was no will to help with a late checkout or the use of a room in which to shower and change. Their only facility was a shower and toilet in the 'lounge' but who wants to shower with 16 to 20 strangers outside the door?
Don't be fooled, this is NOT A HOTEL. and I cannot comprehend how it deserves 4 stars. The short comings are critical: No dinning room, bar, courtesy room or late check out facility. The only television is the BBC world news. The staff are pleasant but have no great will to assist.
This was a disappointing holiday we are glad to forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Imerovigli, one of the most beautiful villages of Santorini Island, you will find the ILIOVASILEMA HOTEL APARTMENTS ("Iliovasilema" is the Greek word for "sunset"). Iliovasilema is situated on the enchanting and world famous Caldera. Built 350m above sea level, offers to its guests the most fascinating view of the volcano and the little islands of the Aegean Sea, as well as of the dazzling sunset. Iliovasilema was initially built in year 1996, has been renovated and remodeled in year 2002 and still grows, following always the rules and the tradition of the Cycladic architecture! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iliovasilema Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iliovasillema Hotel Imerovigli
- Iliovasilema Hotel Imerovigli
- Iliovasilema Suites Santorini/Imerovigli