Summer hadn't quite arrived when we did on 26 April, but given the stunning location of the suites high up on the cliff top with the most amazing views we were not disappointed. We experienced a storm one day, very high winds on another but the rest of the week was reasonable including 3 hot days at the end of our stay. We were on a Secret Escapes deal and, although we did change rooms, felt we had good value for money. The reception staff and manager were extremely friendly and helpful as was the ever smiling Roberto who delivered breakfast each morning at a time chosen by us the night before.
We particularly enjoyed the cliff top walk to Oia which took 2 hours (alternatively catch a bus). There are bus trips from Thira (15 mins walk) to other parts of the island as well as boat trips giving various options (these are best booked in town).
The Suites don't have a restaurant but there are 4 good eating places within 5 minutes walking. distance. We would recommend Enoti, Estia and La Maison.
We missed our early morning cuppa but should have checked that out ourselves and taken a travel kettle; also we only discovered the night before our return that there was a guests sitting room on site (with excellent free wifi connection). Wifi connection in rooms was a bit hit and miss. Info on the sitting room should perhaps be included in the hotel information pack.
All in all, a good week's break on a most beautiful Greek island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Imerovigli, one of the most beautiful villages of Santorini Island, you will find the ILIOVASILEMA HOTEL APARTMENTS ("Iliovasilema" is the Greek word for "sunset"). Iliovasilema is situated on the enchanting and world famous Caldera. Built 350m above sea level, offers to its guests the most fascinating view of the volcano and the little islands of the Aegean Sea, as well as of the dazzling sunset. Iliovasilema was initially built in year 1996, has been renovated and remodeled in year 2002 and still grows, following always the rules and the tradition of the Cycladic architecture! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iliovasilema Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iliovasillema Hotel Imerovigli
- Iliovasilema Hotel Imerovigli
- Iliovasilema Suites Santorini/Imerovigli