Aeolos Studios & Suites
Gold Suites(Imerovigli)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$265
Agoda.com
Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa(Imerovigli)(Great Value!)
US$188
Hotels.com
White Santorini Suites & SPA(Imerovigli)(Great Value!)
US$354
US$538
Gizis Exclusive(Imerovigli)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$162
Pegasus Suites & Spa(Imerovigli)
US$554
US$428
Orbitz.com
US$1,229
TripAdvisor
All reviewsevery morninggreek bbqvacant roomour honeymoongreek yoghurt and honeybreathtaking viewscave roomjacuzzi tubjunior suitesour room was not readywould definitely stay here againbreakfast servicebottle of winecomplimentary breakfastrestaurants and shopsamazing experiencewatching the sunset
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I researched my room carefully before booking on their site to ensure I got one which suited our needs as they are all very different. I got exactly what I booked. And following other tips, went for one away from the pool area, which offered more privacy. We had a cave suite, with separate bedroom and kitchen/living area. It was very spacious. No ladders/loft areas.
The bathroom was well decorated, lovely and spa like, with plenty of space. And I loved the Jacuzzi bath. There was a lovely veranda out front with table, benches for breakfast/lunches, and two sun chairs for lounging. Stayed 6 nights and could have stayed longer easily.
Booking was easy. We were contacted in advance about arrival times. I responded but didn’t expect that when we arrived on a privately arranged transfer, there was someone already set-up to meet us at the drop-off point and carry our bags to the hotel/show us the way which was much appreciated. So do not worry about how you will manage luggage up and down steps as help was at hand always on arrival and departure. Secondly, I was worried about all the steps in Imerovigli but there was not so many in this hotel compared to others and they were well lit at night and although no handrail, they were fine to manage to anyone of reasonable fitness.
Most of the guests were of similar outlook, couples, looking to relax a bit and explore the island, and to stay in a romantic setting, and who were generally quiet. There were more sun loungers than I thought as there are a few more common spaces than just around the pool area. Pool is too deep for me which was a pity but good for cooling off and still very welcome.
The whole place was kept immaculate clean. Towels etc changed every day and available on request if more needed.
Service was excellent. Staff were very friendly but professional, gave plenty of information and looked after any needs we had and more. Little touches like sunset drinks were much appreciated. Owner was there a few of the days, making sure everyone was happy. Breakfast served whenever you woke up and ordered it was a special event, overlooking the beautiful caldera view. There was no choice as such but there was plenty of variety and volume in what was offered so something for everyone and it was a lot more than I expected. Fresh juices, fresh eggs, fruit, toasties, greek version of toasts with feta and tomatoes, breads, cakes, croissants, yogurt etc. The fridge and little kitchenette meant we could do our own lunches which was great to be able to do when you are on a long holiday away.
I loved Imerovigli as a location and was so happy with my choice, and loved the location within Imerovigli. The hotels stretch out much further than I expected here and many hotels would be much further away from Fira/Firostefani/main village square. Whereas Aeolos is only few minutes to the village square with supermarkets, atm, pharmacy, restaurants etc and on the pedestrian path out of the village closest to Firostefani/Fira so it made it much shorter walk for us when we decided to leave.
There are so many beautiful places to stay within Imerovigli. In my opinion, Imerovigli is much nicer, quieter, more traditional place to stay than Fira but is close enough by to go in and out when you want to shop or more nightlife. We walked the cliff path to Oia one day also – tougher going than I thought but worth it for the views, nature, quiet. So, wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Imerovigli as the place to stay in Santorini.
My only small issues were poor wifi in the actual room. You get free wifi that is correct – but we could not get it in the cave room, only seemed to get it outside so no good if you want to watch live tv for example in your room. Another small issue common to other hotels – what’s the story with only one bin? In a large suite, only one bin in toilet which had to be used for everything. Considering you have to put toilet waste paper in it, I felt strange going back to it when I had kitchen waste, plastic water bottles etc to put in it. Can another bin be placed in the kitchen/living area? We found same in other hotels. And finally, bed nice and big but not the most comfortable one I ever stayed in. None of these are exactly anything to put you off staying here though!
We had a truly wonderful and memorable stay and didn’t want to leave. And it was definitely better value for money than other similar places in Imerovigli with the caldera views and cave suites, and pool option. We were very happy with our choice.

Room Tip: rooms away from pool are quieter/more private.
3  Thank DeniMu
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The great advantage of these studios is their position. Imerovigli is a fascinating place with its plethora of tiny cave-like dwellings clinging to the cliffs. Aeolos Studios are positioned at the far end so that it is only a fairly short and pleasant walk to the cozy town of Fira and it's amenities avoiding the "rabbit warren" of the rest of the village.

What a wonderful time we had - friendly and helpful owners, dedicated and hard-working staff, a room kept spotlessly clean right beside the swimming pool, individual breakfasts served on the terrace each morning and the spectacular views and sunsets over the Caldera. This was the perfect place to "chill out" and celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: If you like swimming, as we do, choose the superior studio called "Daphne" right beside the pool.
2  Thank ugsg
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at Aeolos studios & suites in the middle of June, for our honeymoon.
When we arrived we were greeted by the staff, everybody was kind and very helpful,
and they carried all our suitcases all the way from the steps down.
We have been offered a fruit juice as a welcome drink and the receptionist provided us with information about the island, beaches, restaurants, excursions, etc.
Daphne the manager was very helpful and she made us feel like at home.
Our cave suite was nice decorated, clean, and from our balcony the view was spectacular.
During sunset time the staff offered us complimentary sparkling strawberry cocktails.
Now we are big fans of this boutique hotel, and we are going to come again in a future anniversary.
We definitely recommended it.

2  Thank John B
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was my WORST hotel experience ever.I cant figure out how this place has got a 4.5 rating by TRIP ADVISOR and i definately dont think it can be called a 4 star property.i would not even rate it as a 3 star budget hotel. .they do not even have a proper reception and you are totally on your own after 9.00 p.m till the morning 9.00 a.m. There is nobody from the hotel there not a single person whom you could contact even in an emergency......there is a telephone number but no one answers the phone after 8.00 p.m .One night i was with some friends and my husband came to the hotel early there was nobody at the reception to give him the keys....he had to wait out for almost 2 hours, They dont have a car park and the lane leading to the hotel is in a major need for repair and doesnt even have street lights, its really dark. We stayed for 3 nights and our bed sheets and the towels were not changed everyday,.the rooms were not cleaned.When we got back there was no one there and even in the morning the staff said that they can not give us clean towels till the cleaning lady comes and she comes at 11.00 a.m.so we had to wait for her.they said that they had not cleaned our room as they were busy cleaning the hotel after the rain.There is no buffet breakfast and since it is served in your room, they do not give you a repeat of anything , you just get what they serve you at one go. NO window in the room and NO dustbin even .....and i paid about 200 euros for the room.The only plus is the view , which you could get at a lots of places in santorini in any case .There is one of the staff i remember who was just so helpful with his tips for the restaurants and he really recommended some great places(j forgotten his name though....i thing it was marlo or something). I am a frequent traveler and generally refer to TRIP ADVISOR for my bookings, but this place was a total disaster. Will so warn people against this place.

1  Thank harsha461
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My fiancee and I had mixed feelings about the Aeolos Suites, but it was ultimately the friendly and considerate service of the staff that really turned our stay into a four star experience.

While the view from the balcony of our Honeymoon Suite room more than paid for itself, we found the fittings and decor to be more in the range of a three star budget hotel. Certainly, the inside of the room is not what one would expect for 200 Euro per night.

This said, any hotel on the island with a view of the caldera is priced in this range and higher.

The included breakfast is a kingly spread of excellent quality Greek yoghurt, coffee, fresh orange juice, croissants, cake, fruit and varying traditional greek treats such as feta and sundried tomatoes on baked biscuits. The staff will serve your breakfast to either your private balcony or to a poolside table, and enjoying it before the magnificence of the caldera view is truly a wonderful experience.

The extremely patchy wifi was a minor complaint, as was discovering that all toilet paper would need to be placed into a waste bin rather than the toilet. To be fair, this is the case with most plumbing on the island, and indeed, in all of Greece.

Upon checkout, the employees were nice enough to allow us to leave our luggage with them at no charge, and when we strolled back later in the afternoon with quite a few more hours to kill before our 1am ferry, they were more than happy to allow us to utilise the pool and deck chairs to relax.

We did our research before booking with Aeolos, and still believe that the price we paid secured us the best view and room that our budget allowed. For a standard room with a well-placed jacuzzi and a stunning view, the Aeolos is sure to be as magical for you as it was for us so long as you aren't pedantic about the finer details.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple