“ultimate luxury experience”

Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
GreenLeadersSilver level
Daphne, Alabama
“ultimate luxury experience”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is more than a luxury hotel. It is a total immersion in relaxation. The staff is superb. Each person on the staff goes out of their way to see that every wish is gratified. The rooms are caves with gorgeous bathrooms with windows in the shower that view over the caldera. The breakfast is on demand with whatever you want, salmon, eggs benedict, greek yoghurt with Cretan honey and incredible baked goods. Add the superb greek latte and your day is set. Beakfast is served on your own terrace which contains your sun lounges also.
There is a taverna-pool restaurant and a separate restaurant as well as a private dining room. The food is perfection and the most reasonably priced that we found on the island. My favorite? An individual moussaka in an earthenware pot.
The pool has water falls and a jetted section....all over looking the caldera. There are only 30 taxis on the island but the Iconic has two brothers who answer immediately to whisk you to OIA or FIRA.
This is the hotel experience that all others will be compared to......more like staying at a wealthy friends villa (one with an extensive staff!) We will be back

Room Tip: If you have any ambulatory issues, ask for a room on the restaurant level.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank maria c
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Greetings from sunny Santorini!

Thank you for sharing this positive feedback following your stay at Iconic Santorini!

I was thrilled to share your comments with my dedicated team, which motivates them to continue striving for service excellence. We are pleased that you enjoyed our delightful daily breakfast and meals at the property, we pride ourselves in serving delicious food crafted using authentic local recipes and the freshest produce. The residential feeling you spoke about is exactly what the team and I work towards each and every day, so it is great to hear this is the atmosphere you experienced.

Once again thanks very much for your kind review and we are happy that you had a most enjoyable stay at our haven of tranquility.

My very best wishes!

Ximena Diaz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Iconic for our honeymoon. We had heard great things about the hotel but nothing could have prepared us for our experience. My husband and I have travelled abroad quite a bit and we both say that Iconic is hands down the best experience we have ever had and we can not wait to go back. Iconic's setting is spectacular and the location is perfect. The staff went over and beyond to make our stay amazing. Everyone was so warm and friendly. We ate breakfast every morning in the restaurant and it was always fresh and delicious. The dinner was fabulous as well and probably one of our favorite meals while in Santorini. Everything was super clean and well maintained. I am not a great sleeper when away from home but the beds and pillows were so comfortable that I did not have any trouble sleeping at all (definitely a first for me). The bathrooms were very clean and they provide very nice Aesop toiletries. The water pressure was great and I had no problems using any of my electrical things to get ready with a power converter. Another really fantastic feature of the hotel is that they have a wi-fi router for every room so we had great internet service the entire time. At the Iconic with the layout of the property you feel more like you are at a private home than a hotel. We can not say enough wonderful things about our Iconic experience and would recommend it for everyone. It was our favorite destination and hotel to date!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Samples561
Kalimera from Iconic Santorini!

I would like to express my sincere thanks for taking the time to post this wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay at our boutique cave hotel.

It was a true pleasure to host you both during your honeymoon, a most special time in your lives. The team and I are delighted to receive your valued feedback indicating your satisfaction of the services offered, especially in the restaurant and housekeeping. Our luxurious Aesop bath products and all-natural COCO-MAT 4-Layer bedding program has become very popular, I am glad that you were able to fully relax and enjoy a great sleep experience each evening.

Thank you once again for sharing this motivating feedback, the entire Iconic Santorini team were pleased to provide some long-lasting memories to be cherished. I look forward to an opportunity of welcoming you back to the beautiful island of Santorini - perhaps to celebrate a future anniversary?

With best wishes,

Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

The restaurant offers refined traditional Greek dishes at a reasonable price. Every day, a new menu is presented. The wine list is well above average, offering typical Santorini wines. Breakfast is complete: fresh orange juice, selected meat, fried eggs, fresh butter... The swimming pool is clean and warm. The rooms are cleaned twice a day. Staff members are friendly and dedicated. This hotel wants to be perfect, even in details.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Jaak2013
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Greetings from Iconic Santorini!

I would like to express my sincere thanks for taking the time to share such motivating feedback following your stay at our boutique cave hotel.

It is most rewarding for me to be able to share your positive comments with my team regarding the personalized and attentive services offered, as well as the quality of our traditional Santorini cuisine and wines.

It was a true pleasure having you stay with us, I look forward to an opportunity of welcoming you back to Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel.

Warm wishes!

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

An absolutely gorgeous place to stay, wish we could have stayed longer. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and had such a warm and friendly welcome on arrival as well as the most thoughtful touches in our grotto suite including champagne, towel swans on the bed and little flower buds, the perfect start to a romantic break. All the staff were the kindest, gentlest I have ever met in a hotel. So very thoughtful, attentive and nothing too much trouble. Very knowledgable about the island and it's history. We were given a private dining room every night and served by a lovely lady who took time to explain the menu, ingredients and wine choices. The food was fantastic and very reasonably priced and the chef was even kind enough to let me have the recipe for his delicious fava dish. We will certainly visit again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andy C
Hello from Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel,

Thank you for choosing to spend your wedding anniversary with us and for the kind review, we were honoured to have you stay with us.

I was most pleased to read your comments about the Grotto Suite, delightful caldera views from the terrace, the private dining room and Santorinian cuisine freshly prepared each day by our creative Chef. Personalized service and capturing the fine attention to detail is what we focus on, as such your review is greatly appreciated and highly motivating to the entire team.

Again, thank you for choosing Iconic Santorini and for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback. I will look forward to welcoming you back to the beautiful village of Imerovigli at some point in the near future.

With best wishes,

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Travelled with my parents and a friend for our first real family escape in many years. My sister’s children were able to join us and we had a simply amazing time. The rooms are in caves that were carved out of the face of a cliff. Every detail made us feel we were in a private home, with little touches all around that made us feel special. You can get lost in the beds and breakfast is an endless feast. The view is incredible, the food was great and the staff were very friendly and attentive. The stay was simply amazing.

Room Tip: Traveled with my parents, and they had a grotto suite with their own indoor plunge pool
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank E S
Greetings from beautiful Santorini!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such positive feedback following your stay at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel!

It was an honour to host your family as our first guests of the 2014 season and was pleased to hear your complete satisfaction with our enchanting cave residences, all-natural oversize COCO-MAT beds, fresh local cuisine, and breathtaking views over the Aegean Sea.

We sincerely appreciate your kind comments and I have shared them with my dedicated team, always great motivation to continue delivering genuine Hellenic hospitality as we strive for each day.

Thank you once again for your stay and the wonderful feedback. We look forward to an opportunity of welcoming you back to our haven of tranquility in the near future.

Westlake Village, California
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I spent a few nights at this unique, most special place. If the view alone wasn't enough the facilities and the service is over the top. Everything about it is well done...great beds, large flat TV with great channel selection, wifi without any problem, excellent food, a gorgeous small spa. Had a massage from a local masseuse and she was as professional as I've had anywhere.

Even though it was winter the weather was decent and the views and service don't change in the off season. The manager, chef and the rest of the staff were well trained, friendly and gracious. They have that touch of giving service in understated elegance.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Bruce D
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Greetings from the beautiful island of Santorini,

Thank you very much for sharing the experiences of your stay at our boutique cave hotel.

We truly appreciate your time taken to share the kind feedback which is an incredible motivator for my dedicated team. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our onsite facilities and amenities, as well as a relaxing treatment in the massage suite.

Thank you once again for your stay and the wonderful feedback, I will look forward to an opportunity of welcoming you back to Iconic Santorini in the not-too-distant future.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Iconic Santorini is the most unique, spectacular, one-of-a-kind hotel experience of my life. Hands down. This is the type of hotel you remember for your entire life.

Every detail--the design, the decor, the orientation of the space--is spectacular. Our Grotto Suite was a gracious white oasis with a private splash pool. The private balcony space overlooking the cliffs and the sea was one of the most breathtaking spots I've ever been. I cannot say enough about this hotel.

However, as magnificent and world-class as the space and design are, the most important aspect of staying at Iconic is the level of service. It's basically unprecedented, in my opinion. The attention to detail, the care each member of the team takes to ensure your stay is peaceful, special, seamless, and lovely, is amazing. The extraordinary GM, Ximena Diaz, paid such close attention to every aspect of our experience, and the grace and care she brings is shared by the entire team.

I cannot say enough about Iconic. It is worth the trip to Santorini simply to stay in this magnificent hotel.

Room Tip: Each room is unique, charming, private, and lovely. We toured a selection of rooms and suites befor...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jake S
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Greetings from the beautiful and romantic island of Santorini!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such wonderful feedback following your stay at our all new boutique cave hotel!

I was truly delighted and honoured to hear that you consider the stay at Iconic Santorini as your best hotel experience. It is pleasing to read all your wonderful comments regarding the comforts of the lovely Grotto Suite; the breathtaking views from the terrace; Greek-style décor, oversize COCO-MAT bed and the unique indoor grotto pool.

Personalized service and attention to detail is what we really strive for each and every day so your kind review is greatly appreciated and highly motivating to the entire team. It is our sincere desire to provide memorable and timeless experiences to our valued guests and based on your warm thoughts, I am pleased that we were able to achieve this for you!

Thank you once again for your stay and wonderful feedback, I do look forward to welcoming you back to our Greek residences in the near future.

Ximena Diaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Celestia Grand
#1 of 55 in Oia
Kapari Natural Resort
Kapari Natural Resort
#5 of 48 in Imerovigli

Been to Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel? Share your experiences!