“Experience of a lifetime”

Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have had the great fortune to have traveled the world (London, Bangkok, Singapore, Argentina, China, etc...) and this was, by far, the greatest hotel experience of my life. The views from our room were breathtaking. The staff was so friendly, attentive and helpful. They made us feel like part of the family. The rooms were elegant, clean, spacious, fully equipped including wifi which kept me in contact with my business affairs. The food at the hotel was the best we had in Greece which is saying a lot because Greece offers such wonderful culinary options. I can’t say enough good things about this hotel, it’s staff, location and quality. We can’t wait to go back.

1  Thank Rob S
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Greetings from Iconic Santorini, boutique cave hotel!

Thank you very much for your kind review and sharing such positive feedback following your stay in our haven of tranquility.

Receiving wonderful comments like this is very rewarding for my entire dedicated team and I am extremely proud of their consistent efforts in striving for service excellence. I am pleased to hear that you were comfortable in the assigned residence and your compliment about the quality of the hotel's cuisine is most appreciated by Chef Kostas.

Again, many thanks for your warm words and I am looking forward to an opportunity of welcoming you back to beautiful Santorini in the future!

My best wishes,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My sister and I stayed at the Iconic Santorini last week for 6 nights and we couldn’t be happier with our holidays! The weather was wonderful, the hotel is absolutely beautiful, the views are stunning and the staff is extremely nice and attentive to your every needs!

I sent a few e-mails beforehand, asking about some touristic information about Santorini, and immediately got a reply from Guest service with a list of different activities we could do and also offering their assistance to manage everything, from our transportation from the airport to doing all the bookings for the activities etc.

We were welcomed at the hotel with a glass of Vinsanto, very delicious Santorini sweet wine,and from that point on all the staff was extremely nice and attentive to all our requests. We booked a Doble Deluxe room, and on the second day we wanted to upgraded to a room with the pool on the terrace, totally worth it, and we were offered a very nice discount! Breakfast, and any other meal we chose to have, was served in our own private terrace with spectacular views to the Caldera! Soft drinks and water was complementary!

I’d say the only less positive aspect is the lack of in-room dining, and also they don’t serve any food after 22h.

I would most definitely go back and recommend it to anyone that wants to have a holiday in paradise!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andreiagc
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Kalispera from the beautiful village of Imerovigli!

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share these wonderful comments regarding your stay at our delightful boutique cave hotel.

Reading your feedback is extremely motivating and I had the pleasure of sharing this with my team who give their best each day for the complete enjoyment our valued guests. I am happy that you had a great stay in one of our cave residences and that you are already looking forward to your next visit, I would love to welcome you back to our special property.

Many thanks once again and warm wishes!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

As a lifelong hotelier & restauranteur , I am very "picky" when I start throwing compliments around about a hotel experience. Well, the Iconic Santorini scores a 100 with me! Never have I seen an attention to detail both of the hotel appointments and a truly wonderful staff. The guest rooms & baths were very well designed with the guest's needs in mind. For our first night's dinner at the hotel, the staff brought the menu board up to our terrace and explained that evening's offerings. (Never seen that before). Whenever I asked a question about a menu or a hotel service, it was always "whatever you want". When I needed a 220V heating pad for my neck, they went to Fira and got one! And, talk about relaxing, our afternoons at the pool were total relaxation with the greatest view one can imagine. Oh, did I mention the food? Every detail was so well thought out. The hotel's "take" on the local cuisine was better than anything we found at the better restaurants in Oia and Fira, two towns on the island. Even the marmalade is made from scratch by the chef. We later moved on to Mykonos, but will always remember the Iconic Santorini with the best memories. We will be back - many times Do yourself a favor - you gotta go there!

Room Tip: If you have a problem with a lot of steps, just ask the reservationist for a higher room.
1  Thank Andrew C
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Good afternoon from Iconic Santorini,

I would like to express my sincere thanks for posting this wonderful feedback!

The entire Iconic team was thrilled to hear such positively motivating comments coming from a respected industry professional. I have every pride leading my committed and passionate staff, consistently doing their utmost to efficiently attend to the needs of our valued guests each day.

I am delighted that you were able to make the most of our facilities to rejuvenate and your appreciation of the always freshly prepared local Santorinian dishes of our talented Chef Kostas, keeps him inspired in the kitchen.

Creating unforgettable moments of magic is what we all strive for on a daily basis so we are all very pleased that this is the feeling you have after leaving our haven of tranquility. I do look forward to having an opportunity of welcoming you back to Iconic Santorini in the future, where you can look forward to another timeless experience.

Thanks again and my warmest wishes!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is more than a luxury hotel. It is a total immersion in relaxation. The staff is superb. Each person on the staff goes out of their way to see that every wish is gratified. The rooms are caves with gorgeous bathrooms with windows in the shower that view over the caldera. The breakfast is on demand with whatever you want, salmon, eggs benedict, greek yoghurt with Cretan honey and incredible baked goods. Add the superb greek latte and your day is set. Beakfast is served on your own terrace which contains your sun lounges also.
There is a taverna-pool restaurant and a separate restaurant as well as a private dining room. The food is perfection and the most reasonably priced that we found on the island. My favorite? An individual moussaka in an earthenware pot.
The pool has water falls and a jetted section....all over looking the caldera. There are only 30 taxis on the island but the Iconic has two brothers who answer immediately to whisk you to OIA or FIRA.
This is the hotel experience that all others will be compared to......more like staying at a wealthy friends villa (one with an extensive staff!) We will be back

Room Tip: If you have any ambulatory issues, ask for a room on the restaurant level.
2  Thank maria c

Greetings from sunny Santorini!

Thank you for sharing this positive feedback following your stay at Iconic Santorini!

I was thrilled to share your comments with my dedicated team, which motivates them to continue striving for service excellence. We are pleased that you enjoyed our delightful daily breakfast and meals at the property, we pride ourselves in serving delicious food crafted using authentic local recipes and the freshest produce. The residential feeling you spoke about is exactly what the team and I work towards each and every day, so it is great to hear this is the atmosphere you experienced.

Once again thanks very much for your kind review and we are happy that you had a most enjoyable stay at our haven of tranquility.

My very best wishes!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Iconic for our honeymoon. We had heard great things about the hotel but nothing could have prepared us for our experience. My husband and I have travelled abroad quite a bit and we both say that Iconic is hands down the best experience we have ever had and we can not wait to go back. Iconic's setting is spectacular and the location is perfect. The staff went over and beyond to make our stay amazing. Everyone was so warm and friendly. We ate breakfast every morning in the restaurant and it was always fresh and delicious. The dinner was fabulous as well and probably one of our favorite meals while in Santorini. Everything was super clean and well maintained. I am not a great sleeper when away from home but the beds and pillows were so comfortable that I did not have any trouble sleeping at all (definitely a first for me). The bathrooms were very clean and they provide very nice Aesop toiletries. The water pressure was great and I had no problems using any of my electrical things to get ready with a power converter. Another really fantastic feature of the hotel is that they have a wi-fi router for every room so we had great internet service the entire time. At the Iconic with the layout of the property you feel more like you are at a private home than a hotel. We can not say enough wonderful things about our Iconic experience and would recommend it for everyone. It was our favorite destination and hotel to date!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Samples561

Kalimera from Iconic Santorini!

I would like to express my sincere thanks for taking the time to post this wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay at our boutique cave hotel.

It was a true pleasure to host you both during your honeymoon, a most special time in your lives. The team and I are delighted to receive your valued feedback indicating your satisfaction of the services offered, especially in the restaurant and housekeeping. Our luxurious Aesop bath products and all-natural COCO-MAT 4-Layer bedding program has become very popular, I am glad that you were able to fully relax and enjoy a great sleep experience each evening.

Thank you once again for sharing this motivating feedback, the entire Iconic Santorini team were pleased to provide some long-lasting memories to be cherished. I look forward to an opportunity of welcoming you back to the beautiful island of Santorini - perhaps to celebrate a future anniversary?

With best wishes,

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The restaurant offers refined traditional Greek dishes at a reasonable price. Every day, a new menu is presented. The wine list is well above average, offering typical Santorini wines. Breakfast is complete: fresh orange juice, selected meat, fried eggs, fresh butter... The swimming pool is clean and warm. The rooms are cleaned twice a day. Staff members are friendly and dedicated. This hotel wants to be perfect, even in details.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jaak2013
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Greetings from Iconic Santorini!

I would like to express my sincere thanks for taking the time to share such motivating feedback following your stay at our boutique cave hotel.

It is most rewarding for me to be able to share your positive comments with my team regarding the personalized and attentive services offered, as well as the quality of our traditional Santorini cuisine and wines.

It was a true pleasure having you stay with us, I look forward to an opportunity of welcoming you back to Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel.

Warm wishes!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

An absolutely gorgeous place to stay, wish we could have stayed longer. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and had such a warm and friendly welcome on arrival as well as the most thoughtful touches in our grotto suite including champagne, towel swans on the bed and little flower buds, the perfect start to a romantic break. All the staff were the kindest, gentlest I have ever met in a hotel. So very thoughtful, attentive and nothing too much trouble. Very knowledgable about the island and it's history. We were given a private dining room every night and served by a lovely lady who took time to explain the menu, ingredients and wine choices. The food was fantastic and very reasonably priced and the chef was even kind enough to let me have the recipe for his delicious fava dish. We will certainly visit again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy C

Hello from Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel,

Thank you for choosing to spend your wedding anniversary with us and for the kind review, we were honoured to have you stay with us.

I was most pleased to read your comments about the Grotto Suite, delightful caldera views from the terrace, the private dining room and Santorinian cuisine freshly prepared each day by our creative Chef. Personalized service and capturing the fine attention to detail is what we focus on, as such your review is greatly appreciated and highly motivating to the entire team.

Again, thank you for choosing Iconic Santorini and for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback. I will look forward to welcoming you back to the beautiful village of Imerovigli at some point in the near future.

With best wishes,

Ximena Diaz

Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Aenaon Villas
Celestia Grand
Celestia Grand
#1 of 81 in Fira
Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa

Been to Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel? Share your experiences!