“Jaw dropping scenery and gorgeous hotel”

Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 June 2014

From the moment we are arrived at Iconic Santorini Hotel we were all mesmerised by the jaw dropping view. The hotel is situated on a cliff 1500ft above sea level looking over the Caldera and sea. There were 6 of us in our party and we have all travelled extensively and visited beautiful places and stayed in some of the best hotels in the world. I only mention this to give the reader a point of reference from which I say that this beautiful boutique hotel is one of the loveliest places I have ever stayed. The staff were all incredibly kind and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were so comfortable with all up to date amenities like flat screen TV's and wireless included in rate. Beds most luxuriously comfortable,rooms and whole hotel area kept immaculate,relaxing atmosphere and private space to ourselves, good food, lovely salt water pool, and the view always amazing. The moon seemed to sit like a lantern above us...

Room Tip: ALL the rooms are lovely and have incredible views and a private seating outside area with sun beds...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 59Cathy
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Kalimera from the stunning village of Imerovigli,

Your kind and motivating review is sincerely appreciated by the entire Iconic team!

I was delighted to read that you rate our distinctive boutique cave hotel among the best properties that you have ever visited. My dedicated staff and I were also pleased to receive the feedback that you had a most enjoyable and relaxing stay with us, making the most of your residence as well as the hotel’s services and amenities, not forgetting the delicious offerings of our inspired local chef. The views are indeed mesmerizing from our haven of tranquility and our valued guests continue to be mesmerized throughout their stays, from arrival to departure.

Thank you for choosing Iconic Santorini and I look forward to an opportunity of welcoming you back to this beautiful island in the future.

With warm wishes!

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stunning views

Most comfortable bed on earth

Lovely breakfast outside balcony

Gorgeous food

Very friendly and helpful staff

Rooms clean, white, modern with a hint of Greek.

15 min drive from airport

5 min drive from Fira town or long walk.

Lots of stairs to go up and down but you are on the edge of a cliff!

We stayed in deluxe rooms N which is on same floor as restaurant and pool with beautiful caldera views!

You won't regret your stay!!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rena h
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Greetings from Iconic Santorini!

I would like to express my sincere thanks for posting your review.

Reading your comments is extremely rewarding for my staff, diligently going about their duties each day to provide special and memorable moments for our valued guests. I am pleased you enjoyed the accommodations and exceptional sleep experience of the COCO-MAT 4-layer bedding program, as well as the delicious cuisine served by our inspired and creative chefs.

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to share this motivating feedback and I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable experience!

With warm wishes,

Reviewed 21 June 2014

It's unusual to agree wholeheartedly with reviews but we, on this occasion, do so therefore little point in reiterating the comments! This is the first five star hotel that we have stayed in where we have felt that we were at home. This was mainly due to the incredible emotional intelligence of the management and staff, in particular Dimitris. We soon learned there was very little point in going out to eat as the quality of the food in the hotel was not only excellent but very reasonably and competitively priced. We did not want to leave.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello from beautiful Santorini!

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this kind feedback following your stay at our boutique cave hotel.

The entire team at Iconic Santorini is proud to receive such positive comments as we really strive to exceed the expectations of each and every valued guest. I am pleased that you enjoyed our freshly prepared Santorini dishes created by Chef Kostas, who takes pride using the very best local produce and quality ingredients.

Dimitris sends his warm regards and we hope to welcome you back to our haven of tranquility in the not-too-distant future.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed one week at Iconic Santorini and will never forget our stay at this outstanding hotel! Fortunately we had booked a Caldera Suite with a stunning view over the caldera rim from the very front row at both our breakfast table and the heated outdoor pool (!). The lovely cave suites are spacious and well equipped (incl wifi access) and perfectly clean.

Overall, attention is paid to every little detail: little flowers in the room, fresh cake in the afternoon, candles outside the room at night. The staff was always nice and very obliging and took care of all our wishes and requests. The assistance managed everything - from our transportation from/to the airport to recommending and booking of restaurants and potential activities on the island, etc.

We very much enjoyed our stay at Iconic Santorini and undoubtedly recommend it to anyone looking for an unforgettable experience close to paradise! Thank you very much Christine, Panagiota, Pauline, Ioanna, Dimitris, George and all the others that we didn't mention here for the most enjoyable and relaxing holidays we've ever had!

N&A from Germany

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room in the very front row incl an outdoor pool!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alexander S
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Good afternoon from Santorini!

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your motivating review and warm words.

The complete satisfaction of our valued guests is what we strive for each day so your posting is truly appreciated by the whole Iconic team. I am very pleased that you had a pleasant stay in one of our all-new Caldera Suites with a heated and jetted pool on the private terrace.

It gave me great pleasure sharing your positive feedback with my dedicated staff in Guest Services, Food & Beverage, Housekeeping, and Maintenance. The specific members you mentioned all send their best wishes and hope to see you back at Iconic Santorini in the future.

Once again, thank you very much and my best regards!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I went there 2 weeks ago for our honeymoon. Let me just say that the hotel and the staff made it an unforgettable experience and made our honeymoon that more special.
rooms were very cozy and well designed and the beds and sleep quality were excellent. I really never felt myself leave home due to the staff attentiveness, friendliness and helpfulness. On our second day there was a storm and to my surprise i get a call from reception asking about my plans for the night so that they can save us a table for dinner if we were staying in...big kudos for that. Had a couple massage as well which was perfect as well.

amazing venue, amazing service, lovely staff....will recommend it to anyone heading to santorini.

will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan C

Kalimera from the beautiful village of Imerovigli,

Thank you for the kind review posted, it was a true pleasure hosting you at our boutique cave hotel in celebration of your Honeymoon.

I am very pleased that you were able to unwind and relax in your assigned residence and enjoyed the blissful sleep experience of the all-natural COCO-MAT 4-layer oversize bedding. The team and I are committed to providing genuine Hellenic service and being attentive to the preferences of our valued guests, so reading your compliment regarding our services and proactive steps is indeed motivating to us.

It was wonderful to meet you and I would be very pleased to welcome you back to Iconic Santorini to mark one of your future anniversaries.

My best wishes!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have had the great fortune to have traveled the world (London, Bangkok, Singapore, Argentina, China, etc...) and this was, by far, the greatest hotel experience of my life. The views from our room were breathtaking. The staff was so friendly, attentive and helpful. They made us feel like part of the family. The rooms were elegant, clean, spacious, fully equipped including wifi which kept me in contact with my business affairs. The food at the hotel was the best we had in Greece which is saying a lot because Greece offers such wonderful culinary options. I can’t say enough good things about this hotel, it’s staff, location and quality. We can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob S
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Greetings from Iconic Santorini, boutique cave hotel!

Thank you very much for your kind review and sharing such positive feedback following your stay in our haven of tranquility.

Receiving wonderful comments like this is very rewarding for my entire dedicated team and I am extremely proud of their consistent efforts in striving for service excellence. I am pleased to hear that you were comfortable in the assigned residence and your compliment about the quality of the hotel's cuisine is most appreciated by Chef Kostas.

Again, many thanks for your warm words and I am looking forward to an opportunity of welcoming you back to beautiful Santorini in the future!

My best wishes,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My sister and I stayed at the Iconic Santorini last week for 6 nights and we couldn’t be happier with our holidays! The weather was wonderful, the hotel is absolutely beautiful, the views are stunning and the staff is extremely nice and attentive to your every needs!

I sent a few e-mails beforehand, asking about some touristic information about Santorini, and immediately got a reply from Guest service with a list of different activities we could do and also offering their assistance to manage everything, from our transportation from the airport to doing all the bookings for the activities etc.

We were welcomed at the hotel with a glass of Vinsanto, very delicious Santorini sweet wine,and from that point on all the staff was extremely nice and attentive to all our requests. We booked a Doble Deluxe room, and on the second day we wanted to upgraded to a room with the pool on the terrace, totally worth it, and we were offered a very nice discount! Breakfast, and any other meal we chose to have, was served in our own private terrace with spectacular views to the Caldera! Soft drinks and water was complementary!

I’d say the only less positive aspect is the lack of in-room dining, and also they don’t serve any food after 22h.

I would most definitely go back and recommend it to anyone that wants to have a holiday in paradise!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andreiagc
Ximena D, General Manager at Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Kalispera from the beautiful village of Imerovigli!

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share these wonderful comments regarding your stay at our delightful boutique cave hotel.

Reading your feedback is extremely motivating and I had the pleasure of sharing this with my team who give their best each day for the complete enjoyment our valued guests. I am happy that you had a great stay in one of our cave residences and that you are already looking forward to your next visit, I would love to welcome you back to our special property.

Many thanks once again and warm wishes!

Ximena Diaz

Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Aenaon Villas
Celestia Grand
Celestia Grand
#1 of 81 in Fira
Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa

Been to Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel? Share your experiences!