“WOW!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Calgary, Canada
“WOW!”
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Possibly the best resort I've ever spent a vacation in - from the room, to the various caldera overflowing pools, to the pool bars, to the superb restaurant, and again, the caldera view which IS IN FACT best seen from Imeroglivi - where the resort is located (very private and amicable when compared to the loud, touristic town - which is pleasant for a few hours but terrible for anyone spending more than 24 hrs in santorini). We also stayed at Rocabella in Mykonos so the bar in terms of ratings was set pretty high but Santorini lived up to its expectations AND MORE. Remember picturing what a perfect world looks like? This is it - live!

Room Tip: Go for the apartment!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
ROCASS, Manager at Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 June 2011
Dear Alexandra,
What a great review!!Thank you so much!!
Savas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Well it takes two to tango,and Rocabella does just that,it makes you feel at home strait away. The view is breathtaking ,and is so ideal for romantic holiday. The new infinity spa overlooking the caldera with nice bottle of champagne is a must. The staff are always helpful and the rooms are excellent.Thank you Rocabella for a great holiday

Regards
Jens & Kamilla

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ynse123
ROCASS, Manager at Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 31 May 2011
Dear Guests,
Thank you for your kind review and many thanks as well for posting your experience at the Trip Advisor.My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your visit.
I hope to see you again in beautiful Santorini.
Best
Athens
Reviewed 24 May 2011

This is our second visit to the Rocabella, our last vist being in June of 2004 and my belief that it is the best place to stay in Santorini was confirmed. Aside from the friendliness of the staff and welcoming environment, the hotel has added two extra lounging/pool areas for more privacy, if someone does not want to relax by the main pool, which personally is my favourite. This time we stayed in a superior double room which although was not as large as the suite we had in 2004, was very comfortable for our needs. The use of space in the smallest rooms is excellent as is the breathtaking view from our bed. Every morning I arose to the view of Oia across the blue sea. The bed and pillows were very comfortable which for me is very important as I slept very well and felt well rested for the day's events. The showers and wc were modern, clean and spacious. I enjoyed the shower massage and was grateful that the shower room was separate from the wc. In general the cleanliness of the rooms gets a star rating from me and I have to say it is one of the things that I am quite picky about. We arrived much earlier than checkin and were accomodated about 5 hours early, as soon as the room became available as it was a very busy weekend. The main pool/bar area is magnificent as it has a great use of the space and very comfortable deck beds and chairs on the wooden deck in the front. There is a whole wing facing the sea on the left that is also a bit more private that we enjoyed two days in a row on the double sunbed. Music and food were both tasteful. We ordered from the restaurant both days and enjoyed all meals, especially the pennes with vegetables and goats cheese. The breakfast room has an excellent view and we were able to take our breakfast outside to one of the seating areas and enjoy the calm of the sea in the morning. In general the view from all rooms and parts of the hotel is unique as it looks out onto the sea and Oia on the right hand side and this view is not thwarted by other hotels and rooms. This is the best part of the view as I have been to Santorini so many times but I normally stayed in places that looked onto other rooms/hotels. The Rocabella is on its own and it is a magnificent location as you can get to Oia quickly and to Firostefani and Fira quickly. It's basically in the middle. This also helps with parking as the parking lot is right behind the hotel and not in the hub of Imerovigli so you can have easy access to your room from the parking. This is my favourite part of Imerovigli as I believe it is the most exclusive.
I plan to visit Rocabella whenever I am in Santorini - it is a must!

2 Thank VMGtravek
ROCASS, Manager at Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 May 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review about your stay at the Rocabella.
It is always a thrill to know that guests have enjoyed their stay with us.
Thank you for extending your gratitude to our staffs for making your stay special.
They are thrilled to hear your wonderful comments and look forward to your return.
We look forward to welcome you back and please do not hesitate to let us know how we can assist you on your next visit.
Kind Regards,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 May 2011

My husband and I travelled to Santorini for our honeymoon and could not have picked a better hotel to stay at. The views are breathtaking, the staff is always smiling and ready to help and the pool is amazing. From the moment we arrived we were impressed with the hospitality of the staff - they upgraded us to an even better room (pending availability) and told us to come back down to the lobby when we're ready so they could point out areas of interest to us. They spent 30min with us reviewing a map of Santorini, recommending places to see/eat, and even helping us book a day trip on a catamaran and secure a rental car. Rocabella really is a one stop shop and was a pleasure to stay there and have them there to answer all our questions and help us with our plans.

If you're planning a trip to Santorini, look no further! This is the best hotel to stay at and is worth every penny!!!

Oh, and one other tip - book through their online system and keep checking their availability and pricing online up to a week before you travel. If you see that prices have dropped, you can revise your reservation and book at the lower price. I saved like 100 euro total by doing so.

Room Tip: Book using the website.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
ROCASS, Manager at Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 May 2011
Dear Guests,
Thank you for your kind review and many thanks as well for posting your experience at the Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your visit.
I hope to see you again in beautiful Santorini.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2011

I stayed in Rocabella for 3 nights and the experience was amazing...We had a best taking view from our private balcony…the room decoration of the room was minimal and stunning and we had the most relaxing sleep in our king size bed!!! The service was very fast genuine…the reception stuff was remarkably polite and helpful giving us the best directions on what to do on things to do in Santorini…too bad we couldn’t use the swimming pool…we had an outstanding Jacuzzi in our room that we really enjoyed!!I would definitely recommend this hotel for every couple or even family that wish to visit Santorini island

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
ROCASS, Manager at Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 May 2011
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review. A happy client gives us motivation to become even better. We would also like to thank you for taking time to write a review in Trip advisor and we look forward to welcome you again at Rocabella Deluxe Suites & Spa.
Best Regards
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2011

My wife and I arrived at Rocabella in Santorini from Miami. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with warm smiles and incredibly helpful people. The view from our suite was amazing, the service was impeccable and the recommendations of the hotel staff to local foodie spot were much appreciated. A big THANKS to Elena, Elle, Ionut and Ana Maria for making us feel like friends, not guests. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank juangui1
ROCASS, Manager at Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 May 2011
Dear Guests,
What a great review!!Thank you so much! I know all members of my team will be thrilled to read such positive feedback. My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back in Santorini.
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 30 April 2011

Beautifull views of Santorini ,beautyfull rooms, excellent service., helpfull staff .

• Stayed April 2011
ROCASS, Manager at Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 May 2011
Dear Guests,
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind Regards,
Savas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#13 of 50 in Imerovigli
Iliovasilema Suites
Iliovasilema Suites
#22 of 50 in Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Honeymoon Petra Villas
Honeymoon Petra Villas
#18 of 50 in Imerovigli

Been to Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!