“Fantastic experience”

Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel while in Santorini and I have nothing but great things to say about it. The view from our room was AMAZING - we did not even have to leave the hotel (or our hotel room more specifically) for the best sunset view on the island. The staff were very warm and always willing to help out with cabs, reservations and recommendations for activities. They sent a bottle of local wine and fruit up within five minutes of our arrival.

The facilities are very clean and the location is great - between Fira and Oia. The walking path between Fira and Oia is directly behind the property, and one of the best things I did while in Santorini. The rooms are quite small (I didn't want you to be shocked) but the rest more than makes up for it.

Can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: Ask for a caldera room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank cr120
ROCASS, Manager at Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2011

Dear Guests,
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2011

Last year we decided to have a small destination wedding (35 people) in May/June. I have to say that I had my concerns about doing this all the way in Greece, but Savvas, the manager helped with every detail and relieved any stress we had upon our arrival. The location is perfectly away from the madness of Fira and positioned ideally for sunsets towards Oia. The pool set up is relaxed and has a cool bar for cold Mythos. A chill and very accommodating staff even made it better. If you are looking for awesome views and something that is quintessential Santorini, this place is perfect. Best trip and hopefully my only wedding ever...

Room Tip: Ask for the suite with the jacuzzi on patio.
  • Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank chezlepat

Dear Pat,

I personally and the my team would like to thank you for your compliments and for taking time to write a comment in trip advisor. For us every client is special and our goal is to give memorable times to our guests, by making them feel like home.
It was a pleasure having you and your guests here for your weddng and we hope to see you again soon.
Hopefully for your anniversary!!!!

Reviewed 8 June 2011

Reviewing the resort from the business center, words cannot describe experience.

Brought to hotel by taxi from airport at 10 am (ie too early to check in). Elftherieria warmly greeted us on arrival, we had an upgrade without asking!

She booked our entire 3 day trip in 10 minutes. Followed her recommendations and they were spot on. She immediately got us on Spirigatos Sailing Day Tour which was amazing. She booked the Santorini Wine Tour on the second day with Vaios, equally spectacular. Third day she got us set up at Pandora in Ammoudi Bay.

George and Georgiana are well known around island also. Hooked us up with lunch/dinner recs at Koukoumavlos and Ambrosia (both beyond description).

Clean room, great location, undescribable view and attentive, courteous, polite and caring staff.

Couldn't have wished for more.

Will be back at the same spot in a few years. Will recommend to all our friends.

Room Tip: Be nice.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
ROCASS, Manager at Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review about your stay at the Rocabella.
It is always a thrill to know that guests have enjoyed their stay with us.
Thank you for extending your gratitude to our staffs for making your stay special.
They are thrilled to hear your wonderful comments and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 5 June 2011

Possibly the best resort I've ever spent a vacation in - from the room, to the various caldera overflowing pools, to the pool bars, to the superb restaurant, and again, the caldera view which IS IN FACT best seen from Imeroglivi - where the resort is located (very private and amicable when compared to the loud, touristic town - which is pleasant for a few hours but terrible for anyone spending more than 24 hrs in santorini). We also stayed at Rocabella in Mykonos so the bar in terms of ratings was set pretty high but Santorini lived up to its expectations AND MORE. Remember picturing what a perfect world looks like? This is it - live!

Room Tip: Go for the apartment!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
ROCASS, Manager at Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2011

Dear Alexandra,
What a great review!!Thank you so much!!
My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back in Santorini.

Reviewed 30 May 2011

Well it takes two to tango,and Rocabella does just that,it makes you feel at home strait away. The view is breathtaking ,and is so ideal for romantic holiday. The new infinity spa overlooking the caldera with nice bottle of champagne is a must. The staff are always helpful and the rooms are excellent.Thank you Rocabella for a great holiday

Regards
Jens & Kamilla

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ynse123
ROCASS, Manager at Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2011

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your kind review and many thanks as well for posting your experience at the Trip Advisor.My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your visit.
I hope to see you again in beautiful Santorini.
Best

Reviewed 24 May 2011

This is our second visit to the Rocabella, our last vist being in June of 2004 and my belief that it is the best place to stay in Santorini was confirmed. Aside from the friendliness of the staff and welcoming environment, the hotel has added two extra lounging/pool areas for more privacy, if someone does not want to relax by the main pool, which personally is my favourite. This time we stayed in a superior double room which although was not as large as the suite we had in 2004, was very comfortable for our needs. The use of space in the smallest rooms is excellent as is the breathtaking view from our bed. Every morning I arose to the view of Oia across the blue sea. The bed and pillows were very comfortable which for me is very important as I slept very well and felt well rested for the day's events. The showers and wc were modern, clean and spacious. I enjoyed the shower massage and was grateful that the shower room was separate from the wc. In general the cleanliness of the rooms gets a star rating from me and I have to say it is one of the things that I am quite picky about. We arrived much earlier than checkin and were accomodated about 5 hours early, as soon as the room became available as it was a very busy weekend. The main pool/bar area is magnificent as it has a great use of the space and very comfortable deck beds and chairs on the wooden deck in the front. There is a whole wing facing the sea on the left that is also a bit more private that we enjoyed two days in a row on the double sunbed. Music and food were both tasteful. We ordered from the restaurant both days and enjoyed all meals, especially the pennes with vegetables and goats cheese. The breakfast room has an excellent view and we were able to take our breakfast outside to one of the seating areas and enjoy the calm of the sea in the morning. In general the view from all rooms and parts of the hotel is unique as it looks out onto the sea and Oia on the right hand side and this view is not thwarted by other hotels and rooms. This is the best part of the view as I have been to Santorini so many times but I normally stayed in places that looked onto other rooms/hotels. The Rocabella is on its own and it is a magnificent location as you can get to Oia quickly and to Firostefani and Fira quickly. It's basically in the middle. This also helps with parking as the parking lot is right behind the hotel and not in the hub of Imerovigli so you can have easy access to your room from the parking. This is my favourite part of Imerovigli as I believe it is the most exclusive.
I plan to visit Rocabella whenever I am in Santorini - it is a must!

2  Thank VMGtravek
ROCASS, Manager at Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2011

Dear Guest,
It is always a thrill to know that guests have enjoyed their stay with us.
We look forward to welcome you back and please do not hesitate to let us know how we can assist you on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 May 2011

My husband and I travelled to Santorini for our honeymoon and could not have picked a better hotel to stay at. The views are breathtaking, the staff is always smiling and ready to help and the pool is amazing. From the moment we arrived we were impressed with the hospitality of the staff - they upgraded us to an even better room (pending availability) and told us to come back down to the lobby when we're ready so they could point out areas of interest to us. They spent 30min with us reviewing a map of Santorini, recommending places to see/eat, and even helping us book a day trip on a catamaran and secure a rental car. Rocabella really is a one stop shop and was a pleasure to stay there and have them there to answer all our questions and help us with our plans.

If you're planning a trip to Santorini, look no further! This is the best hotel to stay at and is worth every penny!!!

Oh, and one other tip - book through their online system and keep checking their availability and pricing online up to a week before you travel. If you see that prices have dropped, you can revise your reservation and book at the lower price. I saved like 100 euro total by doing so.

Room Tip: Book using the website.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
ROCASS, Manager at Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2011

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your kind review and many thanks as well for posting your experience at the Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your visit.
I hope to see you again in beautiful Santorini.
Savas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
#16 of 50 in Imerovigli
Iliovasilema Suites
Iliovasilema Suites
#20 of 50 in Imerovigli

Been to Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!