Rocabella was suggested to us by our travel agent for the last leg of our honeymoon to Greece. While all of the pictures/reviews we read on it were amazing, we decided- sure, why not splurge and go out with a bang. Shouldn't have done that....
It's not close to anything. ANYTHING.
My husband and I frequently walked to the next town over (which name escapes me right now) just to go to the little mini mart and actually see people. The hotel is beautiful- no doubt. So clean, very pretty- but I should have realized we would want more of an atmosphere since we like to be around people and party.
I felt like I couldn't even yell here and if I did- someone may have thought I was in trouble. It was super super super SUPER quiet. Also- the other thing that we just could NOT understand was the music they play in the pool area- very odd mix of listening to Louis Armstrong one minute, then the Gorillaz the next.
Everything here is severely overpriced- the food, drinks, places they suggest for car rental, etc. We did some basic searching on our own and found that we could get around just fine using the bus system (which we did the entire time we were there)- no car rental needed. Comparing this to a similar hotel we stayed at in Mykonos- it just doesn't compare. This gives the impression of super ultra exclusivity but you don't find that out until you get there and pay too much for it.
Our room was again..something we didnt understand. We paid a lot of money and are pretty sure the room the bed was in was the same size as the bathroom. The balcony was amazing with the private hot tub- but it was SUPER windy some nights which made sitting out there hard because of the decorative curtains they hang out there. Again- just comparing it to other hotels in Athens and mykonos that we paid less for- we just got less value here.
If we do go back to Santorini, we now know to stay closer to Fira. This just wasn't for us, but I know others may love it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rocabella Santorini A memorable stay in Santorini. Discover the hospitality of Rocabella Santorini! On an island of unique beauty begins your experience of an accommodation refined down to the smallest detail! Discover the landscapes, the flavors, the magic of Santorini as afforded by Rocabella Santorini's brand new concept of hospitality. Rocabella Santorini is a spread of 11,000 square meters in the picturesque village of Imerovigli. It overlooks the caldera, the volcano and the surrounding islands and is host to memorable sunsets. A beautiful hotel, it's one of the most popular ones on the island. Here you will experience a new era of hospitality. The pleasant staff of Rocabella Santorini welcomes guests with genuine warmth, making you feel instantly "at home". The hotel offers a range of facilities and services that makes your stay a cherished holiday or an unforgettable honeymoon. Rocabella Santorini initiates the Santorini experience; in the hotel you'll feel the warmth of the Mediterranean sun at one of four swimming pools, you'll feel rejuvenated at the modern gym and refreshed in the exceptional spa. Enjoy the sunset with a glass of local wine or with your favorite cocktail along with regional and Mediterranean delicacies by chef Xenakis Gikas. To add truly romantic touches to your honeymoon, plan your wedding with the help of the experienced wedding planners of Rocabella Santorini. Choose from a variety of Greece's traditional tasty products and find clothes and accessories at the hotel's boutique that have been carefully selected just for the guests of Rocabella Santorini. Rocabella Santorini offers an experience that you will never forget on the most beautiful island in the world, unique Santorini! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Odigeo, Prestigia, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Bookgreece.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocabella Deluxe Suites & Spa Santorini Hotel Imerovigli
- Rocabella Deluxe Suites And Spa Santorini
- Rocabella Hotel Santorini
- Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa Imerovigli