“Could not choose a better place than Rocabella!!!!!!!!!!!”

Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Our 7 day stay at Rocabella was unbelievable, made all the more so by the super friendly and super helpful staff. Everything about the place is excellent. Located in a quieter part of Santorini, but still close to everything so you get to enjoy it all. Magnificent views from the room, and that's not too mention the room we had. Easily the best room I have ever stayed in, in all my travels. A friend of mine highly recommended Rocabella to me, and I must say his recommendation was totally justified. I would recommend staying there if your traveling to Santorini to make your stay extra special. Thanks Savas and Staff!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leomelbourne893

Reviewed 19 August 2012

We stayed for 8 days and it has been our best holiday ever. The staff are great. The location has the most stunning view in the world and the atmosphere is magical. The hosts are very friendly and we just want to go back... We were a family of 6: 2 grown ups, 2 18 year olds, a 15 year old and a 7 year old. We all enjoyed ourselves so much that we must return next year.

Kind regards
Marie Helena Gundersen, Oslo NORWAY

Room Tip: "Seaview is a must"
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Four pool areas, some with gentle music to seduce you. Spa treatments with experts. Bedrooms have a shower big enough to shower together and a bed big enough to frolick in! The best hotel I have EVER stayed in. I am a cook and a fussy eater - the food was utterly incredible and breakfast was a glorious daily event. Don't miss this amazing hotel with sea views and incredibly caring staff. If you're unsure - you should know that I cried when I left....

Room Tip: You would be crazy not to stay here and focus on yourself and also on each other...
1  Thank Gillyathens
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I assume I don't need to talk about Santorini here. I will try to put some comments about the island during the next few days.
The Rocabella on the other hand deserves my first review about our trip.
Scenery: Impressively enough, it is one of the few cases where reality is better than the advertisement. Like seeing pictures of the Grand Canyon, for the Americans, or the Iguaçu Falls, for the Brazilians. So, if you want a breathtaking place to stay, rest assured this fits your needs.
Mood: Couple retreat / Family. You see, the hotel has many levels. The management seems to divide the guests over couples and families. Completely my guess, but it seemed to me that the late 20s to thirty somethings were on the lower (geographically) rooms, while the families were on the upper part of the hotel. Likewise, the swimming pool occupation was more or less so. Anyway, in my case I was on an anniversary trip, so the lower, quieter and more reserved room was a perfect choice. Kudos for the staff.
Restaurant/Breakfast: The breakfast was very nice, and while the choice of fresh fruit was not among the most varied, the pastries, the fresh cherry tomatoes, the made to order waffles and most of all, the Greek yogurt were great. My suggestion, some yogurt with the fruit salad and some honey. Maybe you’ll fell on mount Olympus!
We did not dine at the restaurant, but we did enjoy a salad with some appetizers. Good enough to match a sun bathing afternoon.
Location: If you want to be where the action is, sorry, not the place. My suggestion is to get a car (small one, like a Smart), or for the island mood, get a ubiquitous ATV. You’ll need the wheels to get to Fira and Oia. Also, if you want to go to the most recommended beaches on Santorini, try another place more on the south side. Then again, Santorini is not famous for its beaches… Cutting to the chase, it’s a 10 minute drive to Oia, and 5 to Fira. ½ hour if you want to go to Red Beach and nearby attractions.
Staff: Very friendly, very helpful. We got ourselves an upgrade, I again think our room location was incidental, they arranged the tours, the ATV rental, the taxy back to the airport, etc. So, I completely overlooked the A/C issue we had (we had two A/Cs on the room, and the working one provided the needed coolness…).
Facilities: The hotel has four pools, though two of them are really shallow ones, with “infinite edge” (and with deliciously cold water for the 40 degrees Celsius we faced). The other two are more classic style pools. Several umbrellas and sunbeds will lend you the needed shadows. We did not try the Spa, but it did looked inviting, and the room was marvelous. Everything you imagine a Greek island room should be. Very white, with modern, simple, tasteful and relaxing decoration. Great amenities too. I was particularly impressed with the lack of tiles, wallpaper, stones or whatsoever finishing in the room. From floor to ceiling, it was all painted, even the bathroom. Curious.
Last words, I highly recommend the Rocabella. It fit perfectly our anniversary trip expectations.

Room Tip: Ask for the one with the private jacuzzy. Not so private, but stunning view!
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My wife and me spend a week here end of May 2012.
It was great!
The place is a bit outside of downtown Imerovigli, just a 10 minutes walk along the caldera.
If you want to relax, this is definitely a place to recommend on Santorini.
It's all about the people around you. Everybody here is very helpful, giving the right advices for activities and restaurants.
The view on the caldera is spectacular! Several pools invite to relax with chill-out music around you.
Well, after one week we where so relaxed. Thanks to the team at the Rocabella.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I chose Rocabella as the destination for my girlfriend's and I first trip to Santorini... it was 15mins from the airport and €20 to get there by taxi, we were met by the friendly reception staff who took our luggage to our suite, and we were given a complimentary bottle of local white wine. The suite was incredible, with amazing view from the bed out to the sea! The staff helped me to plan a romantic dinner with my girlfriend to celebrate our engagement the night after, rose petals on the table and around us, candles, and the food was incredible - Anchoive and cream cheese starter... lobster spaghetti... the food was seriously amazing!! All staff were kind, helpful, the pool areas were clean, quiet, backing music was calm and of good choice... the hotel is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, and by far the best Spa hotel. To help explain how warm and kind the staff are, I left my camcorder at the hotel, and they have kindly arranged to DHL it back to me in England!

Room Tip: Would recomend the sea view suite! Tricky if you have an issue getting up stairs as the top level in...
2  Thank Andy G
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Location:
The Rocabella is situated on the outskirts of Imerovigli between Fira and Oia. You can walk to the centre of Imerovigli (along a very nice, although mostly uphill, mountain path with stunning views of the Caldera) which takes about 15 mins. Fira is about a 30 mins. walk and Oia about 1Hour 45 Mins. You need to fairly fit to walk to Oia as it is quite hillly but well worth it if you can do it.

Getting around:
There are taxis outside the airport, no need to book and the cost to the hotel is 20 Euro as is the cost from the hotel to Oia. The cost into the centre of Imerovigli is 5 Euro. The buses stop just outside the hotel at the Taverna next door, they are normally on time and run about every 20 mins from Oia to Fira and visa versa, the cost being £1.60, be prepared to stand at busy times like at sunset, which is excellent from Oia and pretty good from Imerovigli and Fira. We hired a quad, 300cc for 40 Euros per day, about the cheapest you will find for that size engine and they delivered it to the hotel, went all over the Island and visited some great resorts.

The Hotel:
If you are looking for a quiet, romantic and beautiful hotel in a very idyllic location with excellent service from their ever helpful staff then you will find it in the Rocabella.
A special thankyou to Georgina on reception who was a delight and nothing was too much trouble for her.

Maria in the restaurant was always happy and made everone feel very welcome at breakfast (didn't try her waffles with chocolate sauce but they did look fab).

Not a large menu for dinner, but there were so many places to visit we did not have time to experience it.

Our room was very nice, with clean towels every day, jacuzzi bath, large bathroom, and stunning views of the Caldera.

Due to there being four pools, all with great views, there was always plenty of room around each one with complimentary iced water being delivered to your sunbed by the very attentive bar staff.

Overall an excellent choice. Would we go back there? - You bet!!

Enjoy
Mike & Jan

Room Tip: Try to make sure you get a sea facing room not on the ground floor, it's well worth the extra mo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mike J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#20 of 50 in Imerovigli
San Antonio Suites
San Antonio Suites
#13 of 50 in Imerovigli

Been to Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!