We stayed at the Rocabella after our wedding in Santorini. This is a lovely well maintained hotel with four swimming pools, two are larger pools and two are infinity pools. We were upgraded to a suite on arrival which was lovely (room 22) We had an indoor Jacuzzi bath and an outdoor Jacuzzi with an amazing private view of the sunset.
The breakfast was fresh and varied and very tasty. We also ate at the restaurant several nights and this was amongst some of the nicest food we had during our stay.
The staff at the hotel were extremely polite and helpful and the grounds of the hotel were well maintained. It never felt crowded at any of the pools.
There was a power cut on the island during our stay but we did not notice at first as the hotel had its own generator so we were never without power. The power cut on the island did make for a beautiful night sky to watch from out hot tub. It was a very peaceful and relaxing stay.
The hotel is a little bit out of the way and is about a 20 minute walk uphill to Imerovigli. There are regular bus services to both Oia and Fira and the bus stop is only a short walk away. My only minor quibble would be to have more storage space in the bedroom. I cannot comment on the gym or spa as we did not access these during out stay.
Overall this was a lovely relaxing stay for our honeymoon and I would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rocabella Santorini was born out of Santorini’s whitest whites and bluest blues, a peaceful retreat for travelers who seek a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Literally meaning ‘beautiful rock’, our resort is located in the picturesque village of Imerovigli, a slice of heaven where you can enjoy the best sizzling sunset story of your life. The privileged location of the hotel, just far enough away from the bustle of the city, yet strategically positioned within easy reach of the capital, Fira and the dreamlike village of Oia, makes it ideal for every type of traveler. Our 42 rooms and suites have been carefully designed with minimal decor, simple lines, and ethereal charm to accentuate the Cycladic culture and authentic island life. They beckon you to a storybook world of sea, romance and dreams. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocabella Deluxe Suites And Spa Santorini
- Rocabella Deluxe Suites & Spa Santorini Hotel Imerovigli
- Rocabella Hotel Santorini
- Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa Imerovigli