A beautiful hotel with a stunning view of the sunset. We did not have to venture far to see a beautiful sunset every day - because it was right on our doorstep! You will find yourself hard-pressed to actually travel away from Rocabella because the hotel has great pools and facilities to help you enjoy the view.
Taking a taxi from the airport is recommended and after that, I'd suggest renting some sort of vehicle to get you around for the rest of your trip since the hotel is a bit between Imerovigli and Oia (its at the edge of Imerovigli). We rented an ATV and it was really fun to trek all over the island on that!
We were delightfully surprised by the food that was at the restaurant. The grilled prawns were a treat (had it for lunch) and Greek salad was pretty good too! They actually used real Santorini tomatoes in the salad.
Staff is attentive and on par with what we expected to get from the star rating of this hotel. No surprises - except we were treated to an upgrade for our honeymoon to the windmill suite! Very nice touch by management.
The windmill suite is very unique. Basically a windmill converted to a self-contained room. Bed upstairs, bath/jacuzzi downstairs with a lounge. Unfortunately the bath tended not to drain at all and if it did, it started to flood the bathroom. We notified the front desk of this numerous times and finally the manager apologised and sent over a bottle of Moet on the house. Good compensation but we would actually prefer to have a functional bath...
All in all, great trip at a beautiful hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rocabella Santorini A memorable stay in Santorini. Discover the hospitality of Rocabella Santorini! On an island of unique beauty begins your experience of an accommodation refined down to the smallest detail! Discover the landscapes, the flavors, the magic of Santorini as afforded by Rocabella Santorini's brand new concept of hospitality. Rocabella Santorini is a spread of 11,000 square meters in the picturesque village of Imerovigli. It overlooks the caldera, the volcano and the surrounding islands and is host to memorable sunsets. A beautiful hotel, it's one of the most popular ones on the island. Here you will experience a new era of hospitality. The pleasant staff of Rocabella Santorini welcomes guests with genuine warmth, making you feel instantly "at home". The hotel offers a range of facilities and services that makes your stay a cherished holiday or an unforgettable honeymoon. Rocabella Santorini initiates the Santorini experience; in the hotel you'll feel the warmth of the Mediterranean sun at one of four swimming pools, you'll feel rejuvenated at the modern gym and refreshed in the exceptional spa. Enjoy the sunset with a glass of local wine or with your favorite cocktail along with regional and Mediterranean delicacies by chef Xenakis Gikas. To add truly romantic touches to your honeymoon, plan your wedding with the help of the experienced wedding planners of Rocabella Santorini. Choose from a variety of Greece's traditional tasty products and find clothes and accessories at the hotel's boutique that have been carefully selected just for the guests of Rocabella Santorini. Rocabella Santorini offers an experience that you will never forget on the most beautiful island in the world, unique Santorini! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocabella Deluxe Suites And Spa Santorini
- Rocabella Deluxe Suites & Spa Santorini Hotel Imerovigli
- Rocabella Hotel Santorini
- Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa Imerovigli