“Beautiful view!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

A beautiful hotel with a stunning view of the sunset. We did not have to venture far to see a beautiful sunset every day - because it was right on our doorstep! You will find yourself hard-pressed to actually travel away from Rocabella because the hotel has great pools and facilities to help you enjoy the view.

Taking a taxi from the airport is recommended and after that, I'd suggest renting some sort of vehicle to get you around for the rest of your trip since the hotel is a bit between Imerovigli and Oia (its at the edge of Imerovigli). We rented an ATV and it was really fun to trek all over the island on that!

We were delightfully surprised by the food that was at the restaurant. The grilled prawns were a treat (had it for lunch) and Greek salad was pretty good too! They actually used real Santorini tomatoes in the salad.

Staff is attentive and on par with what we expected to get from the star rating of this hotel. No surprises - except we were treated to an upgrade for our honeymoon to the windmill suite! Very nice touch by management.

The windmill suite is very unique. Basically a windmill converted to a self-contained room. Bed upstairs, bath/jacuzzi downstairs with a lounge. Unfortunately the bath tended not to drain at all and if it did, it started to flood the bathroom. We notified the front desk of this numerous times and finally the manager apologised and sent over a bottle of Moet on the house. Good compensation but we would actually prefer to have a functional bath...

All in all, great trip at a beautiful hotel!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
ROCASS, Manager at Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Daniel C,

Thank you for your lovely comments for Rocabella hotel.

We are pleased to to know that you liked the location of our hotel.
We would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding our restaurant and for noticing that we support the traditional products of our island of Santorini. It is our priority to use only the best ingredients in our restaurant and to promote the local products.

We would like to sincerely apologize once more for the any inconvenience the non functional bath might have caused. It was a through-back for us not being able to provide it to you. On the bright side we are very happy you enjoyed the rest of the facilities of the Windmill suite and the bottle of champagne as well.

We will be happy to have you in Rocabella hotel again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Savvas.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

My sister and I went to Santorini to look at three wedding venues for my wedding in 2015, one of which was Rocabella suites and spa. We stayed for 4 nights in a senior room sea view. As soon as we entered the reception of the hotel, the staff greeted us and remained as helpful throughout our stay. We ate breakfast there every morning which was included in the room rate and ate at the restaurant on two nights, again they were accommodating to our needs, allowing us to eat from the lunch menu. The hotel has 360 degree view of the sea and there are panoramic views of the caldera, there is lots of space and it is very peaceful (which the other venues I liked were in the town centre and had small pools). It was end of season when we visited so there were few guests and they were getting ready to close, the spa was closed. The rooms are very minimalist and modern which I liked, and each room was quirky and different. The rates are expensive but the views make it worth it.
I will be booking my wedding here for September 2015 and I cant wait to return with my fiancé to share the magical experience of rocabella and santorini. I would highly recommend other couples to look at this venue.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 36.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sami953
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Gorgeous place! Genuine and warm staff! Amazing view! Simple but stylish room! So comfortable bed! So yummy breakfast! Just find a perfect company!;) I have stayed for one night only after the wedding of my friends but that was enough to experience this very romantic place!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ROCASS, Manager at Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear MarijaBG,

Thank you for your lovely review on Rocabella.

We are very happy to know that you liked your room and you enjoyed the views of the Caldera.
We highly appreciate your feedback on our staff as well.

We look forward to seeing you again in Rocabella.

Kind regards,
Savas.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I were on our honeymoon and stayed at Rocabella for 3 nights. When we first arrived, the man at reception sat us down and wanted to write an itinerary for our stay. It was a bit awkward as I had already done a fair amount of research and we had gotten in pretty late and were tired from traveling. I tried making a few hints that we were okay and if we had questions, we'd be sure to ask. I am guessing they get some sort of commission for booking activities through specific people because he was mildly pushy to get us to book this Catamaran cruise. Book the boat cruise through the hotel with caution as there are a LOT of options available and the hotel only gives you two of them (90 euro and 135 euro). Depending on what you want to do, there are 15-30 euro options that you can book on your own in Fira. We ended up booking our own that was the SAME exact thing as the 135 euro and got it for 75 euro.

The resort is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. Depending on what room you stay in, you can sit on your little terrace to view the sunset at night -- AMAZING! There is also a path right outside the hotel that you can walk to the nearest town (go to the restaurant Mezzo - so good!), it is about 20 minutes. There is also a Rock that you can climb (Skaros I believe) with more amazing views.

We took a taxi to Oia and it was about 15 euro and there are also buses that are very easy. We booked a rental car through the hotel (easy, they come and drop it off to you) and also booked the Wine Tour through the hotel -- both of these were pretty cut and dry in terms of rates and options, so it was easy to do through reception.

They do have internet, but it did not reach to our room, so we only used it at breakfast (which is included in the rate).

The rooms were nice, a little rugged (lots of space and no frills, HUGE shower). Don't drink the water (I wish there were more warnings about this!). When we rented our car, we went and stocked up on bottles!

Rocabella is located between Fira and Oia (ia), a little closer to Fira. I kind of wish we could have stayed in the town so there was more to do, but it was nice how quiet it was (depending on what you are going for).

Room Tip: Room 13 was good!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lindsay J
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

My mom and I stayed at the Rocabella for 4 days to end our "Tour of Greece" and to also attend a wedding at the nearby Santorini Princess. The pictures don't do this place justice! The view from our roon was amazing. We had dinner one night and enjoyed breakfast every morning of our stay. And the food was always great! Also the staff were always very accommodating. I would definitely recommend Rocabella to anybody who travels to Santorini andam looking for an excuse to come back!

• Stayed October 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

excellent staff.
one of the best hotels in the world!
We stayed here for two days in September for our friends wedding- what a totally spectacular location!

it was heaven on earth with a breath taking sea-view thrown in for free!

Multiple pools on different levels and very comfortable sun beds were great. Breakfast was included in our room rate & was very nice. Quite a large selection with the usual favourites were on offer. We had the best time staying at this hotel & had the honour of attending one of the best weddings I have ever been too. I would highly recommended this hotel. ;)

The view and sunset time is simply amasing and unique. you must experience once in your lifetime.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tajche82
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed here for a week as part of a yoga retreat with The Travel Yogi. It was jaw dropping beautiful from the moment I was ushered into my room with the breathtaking view of the caldera! The property, service, restaurant, breakfast, four pools, and location is just phenomenal. We enjoyed the hike to Oia, and the walk to Fira from there. The bus is easy to take from there, too, and is 8 euro. I treated myself to a massage on my last day there, and Mary did a wonderful massage with the perfect pressure, and oils to rejuvenate my sun drenched skin. The women at the front desk were always helpful and gracious. I loved the breakfast spread, and all the nuts and dried fruits to stir into my yoghurt with honey. The wifi was not consistent, but met my needs fine to post gorgeous pics, and have FaceTime with my daughter while she shared the gorgeous sunset going on behind me!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank travellingyogini7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Astra Suites
#8 of 80 in Fira
Chromata Hotel
Chromata Hotel
#12 of 48 in Imerovigli

Been to Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!