“The best place to be in the best island of Greece”

Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Imerovigli
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 20 October 2010

A unique location on top of “the Santorini Caldera” It is located between Fyra and Oia
Sundown takes place in front of your room !!
One of the best hotel’s points is that you can approach it through the main island Eastern car-road and you only have to walk from the reception to your room without having to descent hundreds of steps
Kind-helpful almost friendly staff –Nice open view rooms
Notice that by the next season opening the hotel will be totally reconstructed

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank panosmon
ROCABELLASANTORINI, Owner at Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2010

This last review gives me the opportunity to thank from the bottom of my heart all Santorini lovers that have chosen to stay at Rocabella, and have become my true friends (some may call them clients as well...but for me they are all friends).
Some years ago, this place was created as my summer house when my kids were little, as well as a guest house for my friends and my business relations. Although Rocabella got bigger and was turned into a chic and simple family owned suites complex in one of the most breathtaking places on earth (I hope that all those who have stayed with us will basically agree with this "title" that I feel it describes in the most accurate way this hotel...), it still is and always will be welcoming, cordial, romantic, breathtaking, true, unique and simply unforgetable...
Folks, once more a big "THANK YOU" and a promiss: I will always try to keep the "homey" feeling of this place, and I will always try to make your stay better and better...

Your host (and friend)

Nikitas

Reviewed 14 October 2010

I stayed at Rocabella recently with a yoga group and shared a room with 2 of my best friends...nothing disappointed! The property is beautiful and perfectly situated between Thira and Oeia with spectacular views of the caldera and the sunsets. I've traveled all over the world for business and leisure and the staff at Rocabella is among the finest I've experienced - serious attention to detail. The design and aesthetic of Rocabella is exquisite and I cannot WAIT to come back again!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank kristiningeman
Reviewed 14 October 2010

I have travelled to many hotels and resorts around the world and this resort is my favorite, it is truly amazing. This is the second time I have stayed at Rocabella and I would highly recommend it. The manager Savas and the staff are exceptional. It is a spacious & beautiful resort with breathtaking views. Rooms are really nice and clean ! Love the place ! Costas P , Melbourne Aus

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 13 October 2010

This is our second time staying at Rocabelle, the service/staff/rooms were fabulous in 2007, so we had to come back in 2010. Nothing has changed, staff are great- very helpful, rooms were beautiful and the service again was flawless. Savvas the hotel manager and Georgia the girl from reception were so lovely- really made our stay so meemorable again for the second time! I highly recommend this resort- you must try it and see for yourself!! i heart rocabella :)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank christyz1
Reviewed 8 October 2010

AMAZING. We felt completely at home! Very clean... amazing views, at home luxuries! (free internet, gym) and it was right on the walking path! Everything was a bit of a hike to get too.. but you can always take a bus one way. We enjoyed hiking one way, then taking the bus the other. PS. Restaurant is VERY expensive. But, there are two little restaurants very close walk, less than 5 min one in each direction... for more of a selection though, you'll need to hike a little longer, or take a cab.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I was very nervous about this trip and especially about choosing a hotel as everything had to be perfect. My main goal was to propose to my girlfriend to get married, so I didn't want even simple details to destroy our special time!

I do not imagine more romantic place on Earth than this hotel!!! Everything just exceeded my expectations. By the time I have done reservation, I have requested flowers and champagne upon arrival explaining the reason of my intentions. To my surprise, the manager of hotel Mr Savas kept it all the time to his attention. He was so kind that, even without asking, he upgraded us and gave the best room that he had with indoor and outdoor jacuzzi and of course breaf-taking view of caldera. The pictures that you can see on their website in reality are EVEN better and just can not be described in words! So do not have doubts about it. It is magical and feels like you are simply in heaven or a dream that you do not want to wake up from.

In general I am very picky person, but I really have to admit that they provide 5 stars customer service. The hotel is 4 stars, but I could easily give them 5. The staff is professional, very organized and so friendly. I was very pleased from all the wonderful ideas and recommendations received. It is obvious that the team specializes in hospitality industry for many years, so all my needs were satisfied immediately. They have a gourmet restaurant with magnificent sunset view, the food is more than excellent there.
The time spent in SPA, having a massage and champagne with strawberries, enjoying the sunset made our stay even more relaxing and memorable.

To sum up, after our stay in Rocabella I always make a joke telling people that my girl was more impressed about the hotel and location than my proposal..:) After all, I really consider seriously to organize our weddings in Rocabella as I do not imagine any other better place than this!:)))

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2010

As a member of island hopping packages I have visited Rocabella in Santorini as my last destination in Greece. It was a time to remember.
Great views to the sunset the Caldera and Ia ..
The pool bar served us amazing cocktails and we rested on the rocking chairs overlooking the amazing Caldera scenery.,
We will surely be back !

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#19 of 51 in Imerovigli
San Antonio Suites
San Antonio Suites
#13 of 51 in Imerovigli

Been to Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!