Confused on which Santorini hotel to pick? My top 10 reasons why you SHOULD NOT pick Anastasis Apartments.
DO NOT PICK ANASTASIS APARTMENTS IF ......
1) You want excellent service. These apartments do not provide excellent service. . . .that is not enough . . . . they provide "ONCE in a Lifetime Service". You will be WOW-WOWED at every turn!
2) You hate to be pampered. If it bothers you to have someone out thinking you, to make sure all your needs are met, this is not the place for you. (i.e greeting you with a bottle of water as you enter the GATE of the property, upon return from an early morning run, when you THINK everyone is asleep)!
3) You want a grand party atmosphere or are a loud person. Sorry, this is a peaceful, quiet, locale full of serenity.
It is away from the Fira Party action - Yes
It is away from the Oia Sunset view action - Yes (Better views are found in your own room).
It is NOT away from the romance and tranquility action.
You will need transportation (walk, bus, taxi, vehicle) to visit other parts of the island, shop and party. NO BIG DEAL - its' a 5-10 minute ride in a vehicle . . . it is not isolated, just not in the middle of hectic activity. No matter where you stay on the island, unless you are only going to stay in that one spot, you will need transportation. Or, you just want to shop/eat/party and walk straight to your room., otherwise . . . . .. .no big deal.
4) You want steps to ensure you are in Santorini. A few steps are only available to those on the second or third floor, and they are not the steep steps that might keep you in your room, because you don't want or need the exercise, found at other hotels on the island.
If you want steps/exercise, just bring your hiking pole and boots, (sandals are not going to make it as this is uneven rocks, dirt, grass, weeds and steep ascending and descending hills) and hoof it to OIA for the 2 hour trail walk. This is a serious early morning hike - beautiful, but hot, sun trenched hike - for those in hiking shape.
Once you see the other hotels' picturesque steps, you'll be delighted you picked Anastasis Apartments.
5) You hate privacy. The structure of the island requires most hotels to have balconies that are overlooked by passerbys. . Not here.
If you are looking for the unique, dark, cave like hotel rooms found in Santorini, you'll be disappointed. Everything here is new, fresh, open and bright. Rooms are upscale, well kept and inviting. Plush bedding, upscale toiletries/towels/robes, every small trinket, fresh flowers . .. . the list is too long. (They put EVERYTHING - i.e. balcony chairs and cushions - away late at night and bring it out again in the early morning to ensure its' freshness).
6) You don't want admiring stares of passerbys as they walk by the hotels' (and one of the island's few) infinity pools, and ask "What is the name of this Hotel?"
7) You like a little dirt here and there. Absolutely none found here. A wayward leaf or a lost flower blossom, doesn't stand a chance, let alone a regular spot of dust, dirt, cigarette butt (no smoking) or even a bit of trailed water from the pool. They get swooped up as soon as they appear. Even the painted pathway in front of the hotel is sparkling clean . . .(all the surrounding pathways of other hotels are either dirt or rocks.)
8) You want to spend tons of money for beautiful, plush, properties on the island, with spas, bars, and restaurants. You'll get much more bang for your buck here, much better service, food, (i.e. one breakfast here is wonderfully delicious and more than enough for two), cleanliness, newness and care . . .but . . .its' your money!
9) You dislike professionalism from those whose hearts are truly in their work. No short, staged answers here or someone "performing" at their best. Despina and her team have a personal investment in this locale, and it shows at every turn! "Best" is not good enough - they go way beyond!
10)You want a "nice and pleasant experience". AMAZING, OUTSTANDING, UNFORGETTABLE, UNSURPASSED or any other superlative, but "nice" just doesn't do it justice.
This was my second visit to this hotel, staying in the Suite, and I was MORE blown away this time, than the first time. I thought I knew what to expect, but Despina still had many surprises and wonderful little touches up her sleeve. So . . . in response to my wonderful experience, although my wife usually writes reviews on Trip Advisor for the places we stay, I have to give credit where credit is due.
We have stayed at some of the "best" according to Trip Advisor, Conde Nast, (5 star/5 Diamond) and Fodors. Anastasis Apartment deserves every Kudo it gets and more. It is tops in my book, surpassing many of the fancy, luxurious, historical places. Anastasis Apartments secret is that it is a hotel that recognizes its' limitations and competes and excells in the category it fits, "Small Boutique". Every playful detail can be managed, maintained and controlled under the watchful eye of its' artful, clever and remarkably talented owner, Despina, and her equally gifted assistants, Katerina and Helen and the rest of the fantastic Team.
We toured many other Santorini properties, and, admittedly, some are more plush and glorious (and more money) with many more amenities. But at not one, did I get the same vibe, crispness or peacefulness. It could have been the (mere spokesmen) showing us around, or the little hints, here and there, that they were not the same caliber or even close to being on equal par. You have to stay here to understand.
So, my last reason for you not to pick Anastasis . . .
11) You want the same room, at the same time that I do, because . . .I have 10 reasons to pick Anastasis Apartments and I don't want to be turned away!
- Also Known As:
- Anastasis Apartments Imerovigli
- Anastasis Apartments Hotel Imerovigli
- Anastasis Apartments Santorini/Imerovigli