“Fantabulous!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Imerovigli
Anastasis Apartments
Ranked #1 of 51 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed 16 August 2010

After hours of searching for the 'perfect' honeymoon hotel I decided on Anastasis, based on trip advisor reviews....and for anyone who has ever doubted them....Anastasis is amazing. We couldn't have even imagined a place being any better. From our late night arrival, where we were delighted to find a mid-night snack - much to the excitement and joy of my husband who was worried he would have to wait til breakfast. All the staff were friendly and gave us great dining advice and arranged everything from transferrs to AWD hire for us - with wonderful smiles.

This should be on the list of things you do before you die...do yourself a favour and stay at Anastasis!

There are newer reviews for Anastasis Apartments

Reviewed 6 August 2010

Despina and her well drilled team worked tirelessly to ensure that we had the best possible stay. The location of the apartments is mid way between Fira and Oia. We walked daily to both along the paths following the caldera edge. You would need to be reasonably fit and able to cope with the summer heat if heading to Oia.

Our apartment [No.10] was lovely, comfortable and simply but stylishly furnished. Fresh flowers in your bathroom each day were typical of the touches and service that make this place special.

Complimentary breakfast served to your terrace and the "snacks" we ate on 2 or 3 nights when not dining out were perfectly enjoyable.

Loved Ambrosia restauant in Oia [cursed the £/Euro exchange rate!] we also ate at another of the hotel's recommended places called Vanilia in Firostefani. That too was very good and its terrace offered full on views of the sunset.

We hired a smart car pre booked from UK. All was fine but we discovered much better value was to be had if we'd allowed Anastasis to arrange it. In fact to our tastes, having done a drive around the island which is easily achieved in a day. we didn`t want to go anywhere else but stay at the pool enjoying hospitality and venturing on foot to the neighbouring towns to take in the views, little winding streets and affable locals.

Seeing the island from the sea is a must and we chose a 3 hour volcano, and hot springs trip out of Fira port. Good value for the views alone. Nea Kameni island is interesting 'ish and swinning off the boat in a cove to the hot springs was great. [Avoid white swimwear the minerals may stain].

If you are looking for somewhere beautiful in which to relax in peace and be made to feel like you are really special, then look no further. I know its a cliche but there's every chance we'll be back again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shroomer
Reviewed 6 August 2010

My wife and I stayed at The Anastasis Apartments for 5 nights in early July 2010. We used this site as a guide and the apartments over exceded our expectations. The staff is warm and friendly and always willing to help you. They will pick you up from the Airport and help arrange day trips like ATVs or car rentals (our car was included but opted for the ATV.. highly recomended, just becareful). The staff brought us water when we came in from hikes, and they would suprise us with refreshments throughout the day. We stayed in the regular honeymoon suite which was stunning! The hotel grounds are small and private so it really feels like you are living there for your stay. The pool is terrific, since the apartments are small, there is never a crowd by the pool. We travel a bit and have never had this kind of hospitality. The Greeks our good people! It was the perfect Honeymoon! If you want an amazing honeymoon, this is the place!

2  Thank B_TheWorldExlporer
Reviewed 5 August 2010

Stayed in the Anastasis in June two years ago, please forgive me I'm only getting to write a review now.
All I can say is wow it's paradise. I was pregnant at the time and it was a wonderful peaceful retreat.
The service and quality of accommodation is excellent. Poolside is very relaxing with tranquilly music playing. Every afternoon the owner served us sparkling water, beer and olives pool side. I loved the library as a chill out area.
I have been fortunate enough to stay in a lot of nice places, but this place has won my heart.
Loved Santorini and the Anastasis Apartments. Good Value also for the five star experience.
Dreaming now of returning to the Island of Santorini :)

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank olivia_sampson
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Absolutely amazing. We ended a two week trip with four relaxing days here. The view is spectatcular. The hotel staff is fantastic, helpful, polite, and pleasant. Absolutely the best hotel experience I've ever had. I really cannot say enough about how relaxing and beautiful our stay at this hotel was.

For the rest of my life, I will never forget staying at this hotel, waking up to that view from a completely relaxing night of sleep and watching those incredible sunsets.

We booked a suite with a balcony hot tub and will be back. The balcony was about 20 feet long and 8 feet wide. The room had a living room, small kitchen, bedroom and bathroom with spa tub.

The reviews here speak for themselves. One is "average" but the only negative was rain.

The "Terrible" review is frustrating to read and I certainly disagree that the location merits a 1 star out of five, espceially given the view, level of service, and amenities. In fact, we found it to be a benefit that we were't smack in the middle of boat loads of cruise ship tourists.

We found dining to be very convenient. Fira is the tourist center and hub for cruise ships. It's a 35-45 minute walk, or a $5 cab ride, or a 10 minute bus ride for $1.40. The bus is simple, safe and every 20-30mintues. There are two restaurants you can walk to from the hotel. One is a tavern with good, simple, food. It's less than 5 minutes to walk to. The other is a gourmet restaurant up the hill about a 10 minute walk. A thrid place is about a five minute drive.

If you request it, several restaurants will actually pick you up and drop you off at the hotel for free. The hotel provides transport to the local market if you want to get snacks, beer, wine, etc.

Oia is an hour walk and or 15 minutes by bus, cab etc.

If you're looking for a place with nightlife and partying, I would not recommend this hotel, or island for that matter.

If you want a relaxing, beautiful stay, this is the best place I can personally recommend.

2  Thank jonoaks
Reviewed 25 July 2010

I think words cannot do justice to the greatness of the island and more specifically Anastasis Apartments.

We booked Anastasis Apartments based on the reviews we saw on TripAdvisor but I must confess even with all the rave comments we were a bit afraid of what we would find. Now I can say that it was not according to my expectations but much higher than that!

We went for our honeymoon but even though I don't remember mentioning this to Despina, she and her team made every effort to provide the most romantic stay. We got the suite with jacuzzi on 2nd floor on the left side of the building. It's quite a big room with plenty of space in the living room . Perfect, spotless rooms and every one of them with the magnificent view of the Caldera.

I believe the most remarkable aspect of Anastasis is the service provided. People there will do their best to get anything you want arranged in no time. We got a nice welcome drink just when we arrived. After that they gave us some recommendations for eating places and we knew they were really the best restaurants in the island (not the ones they just get paid to recommend) because they were on the top list of TA! We got a map with great places to visit but it was so hard to leave the sunbeds in Anastasis due to the lovely view from the room or the pool!

I just can say I can't wait to return there to some more days of romance and laziness.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank edsony
Reviewed 25 July 2010

Since my real review is so long (it's a bad habit, sorry), I've posted it on the forums. Just search for it. I recently stayed in the hotel's incredible White Suite for my honeymoon, for 6 nights. The hotel is so quiet, so relaxing, and so clean, you could eat off the floor. Despina, Katrina, and her staff perform every service flawlessly, without delay, and always with a smile and a "Yiassas!" They generally care about your well being and the enjoyment of your stay so much, that I think if I told one of them to bend over backwards they would have quite literally said "How far and for how long?" Nothing is an inconvenience to them- Despina even offers her private mobile number, for you to call her 24 hours a day in an emergency. The hotel even went so far as to rent a car for us for a day, free of charge.

If you're coming to Santorini and you want to relax, do not delay, look no further, book the White Suite at the Anastasis. Your grandmother's house isn't even this hospitable.

5  Thank aeromax
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Aenaon Villas
#17 of 51 in Imerovigli
San Antonio Suites
San Antonio Suites
#14 of 51 in Imerovigli

Been to Anastasis Apartments? Share your experiences!