“Came for the view-left disappointed”

Kapari Wine Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Imerovigli
Price range: US$44 - US$73
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gastronomic pleasures are part of an unforgettable vacation. At Kapari Wine Restaurant, we use the finest ingredients and follow the strictest standards to create healthy and appetizing meals. Start your day with a gourmet breakfast and conclude it with an exquisite dinner: Taste mouth watering Mediterranean recipes, combined with famous local delicacies. Choose from a huge variety of premium wines. During sunset, surrender to the dramatic views of the caldera and the deep blue Aegean sea.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The restaurant was recommended to me by a friend who had visited in the past, so I came with high expectations about the food and the scenic view. The location is indeed magnificent but the food and overall atmosphere is a bit too pretentious for my liking. I enjoy simpler tastes and not elaborate styled dishes. The prices were really high, and the service a bit slow. The location might be ideal but I left disappointed by the overall experience.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We ate here once during our stay in Santorini, we received a very warm welcome and had a beautiful view on the terrace watching the sunset. The staff are friendly and helpful, im a vegetarian so have limited choice but the lady went through the menu suggesting alternatives that the chef could prepare meat free. the food was delicious and the evening most enjoyable would recommend.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect of this restaurant, given its name, but I have to say that it was by far the best food we had on Santorini. I think the restaurant is trying to differentiate itself by having a sommelier explain which wines (mostly local I believe, and not grape varieties or brands that we knew) go best with which type of food. I'm not sure that, for us at least, it added a huge amount of value. The food and service more than get by on their own merits. Dora, John and Alexandra really looked after us extremely well on both our visits.

We went there as a couple on our second to last night and were so impressed that we booked again on our final night, this time going as a foursome with some fellow guests from the hotel. As other reviewers have said, the food is extremely good and wouldn't be out of place at any top end restaurant in London (or any other major foodie destination for that matter). The quality of the cooking is very good and the presentation is also excellent. It's more in the 'fine dining' category than typical Greek Taverna food, so if that's what you'd prefer, somewhere like Avocado Restaurant just up the path would be a very good choice.

The only potential downside is with the restaurant layout. It's on two levels, the top one being the main part of the restaurant and which has incredible sunset views. The problem is that once you've enjoyed the sunset and the sun has disappeared from the sky, the restaurant becomes extremely dark. So dark in fact that you can neither see the menu nor the food when it arrives (a real shame when the chef has put so much effort into presentation). The lower level has only 4 tables but is much better lit and a cosy corner out of the way. So my top tip would be to try to get a table on the lower level if you plan to eat much after 8pm.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Kapari cam e recommended by friends after a recent trip and we were not disappointed, the fact that it was only 10 metres from our villa was a bonus. An absolutely fabulous location on the Caldera with choices of outdoor areas as well as inside should the weather be less than friendly.

We were greeted and attended by Dora and Alexandra who made us feel welcome and at home. But ultimately it's about the food and on the two occasions we dined there we were treated to exquisite food and wines. When Dora introduced us to George Belssis we surprised by how young this chef is and can only imagine how good he will be as his career matures. A good reason to come back I think!!!!

Do yourself a favour when in Santorini, make this one of your first dining experiences because you will want to go back before you leave.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I booked this restaurant as a surprise for my partners birthday during our time in Greece and i was not disappointed. The stunning views are worth enough - they could serve fish and chips and the tourists would still come in droves. But they don't - instead they serve a luxurious however limited menu where texture, taste and presentation are discerning. We ordered a starter, appetiser and main and were not disappointed. The staff are attentive yet polite and discrete. Definitely book in advance as they have a limited amount of tables and are very popular. We booked for 8pm in June in order to catch the sunrise as our meal was served - when I emailed to book I mentioned this and they were extremely helpful and accommodating.