“Relaxing and enjoyable stay”
Review of Santorini Princess

Santorini Princess
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
Norwich
“Relaxing and enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We stayed at the Santorini Princess on the 29th May - 1st June. We also had our wedding reception on the 29th May at the SP Hotel. I found on the whole the service to be fantastic. The hotel is fairly modern and in a great spot for watching the sunset and admiring the beautiful views. I loved the fact that it was secluded and away from the crowds and shops to allow for complete relaxation. We stayed in the Honeymoon suite which was lovely and very spacious. I had requested that we use the suite to get ready in on the day of our wedding, we had booked hair and makeup for 8 of us. This also allowed me to oversee preperations for the reception throughout the day. This was were my only disappointment lay, we got married at 5pm, and the reception was still not ready by 3.30pm. Tables were being pulled together, cutlery polished etc. This did add an element of stress to the day as I didn't feel I could get myself ready until we were able to finish decorating the table, add place names, favours etc. This was all last minute and as a result I had to leave my bridesmaid finishing the table whilst giving myself 5 minutes to pull my dress on. It did feel a bit rushed and I thought it may have been a little more organised. However, the rest of our stay was impeccable and overall I would reccomend.

1 Thank Skiathos1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Greek first
New York, NY
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Everyone that works here is so helpful and friendly. The moment you check in, you're given a tour and meet the staff. We were then shown our room which had an amazing view of Oia and the caldera. We watched sunset our first night from the balcony and it was great. The room wasn't large but the views really made up for that. The welcome drinks were a nice touch.

I'm not 100% positive though, if I'd stay here again. Although the service was great (Igor is great in the restaurant and had some really helpful tips), some of the little things would have made the overall stay better given the price paid. For example, there was a cup in the bathroom that never got changed. It looked like it hadn't been changed since the previous guest because there were streaks of what looked like dried toothpaste inside. It was the same cup in that holder everyday. Also, the internet in the lounge was really poor. It felt like I was on a 56k modem. I used a 256k wifi access in another hotel during our trip and what a world of difference - there I could actually load pages with one click and quickly check in on family and flights.

Breakfast was ok, the selection never really changed except for a different pastry option. There weren't many of each option (i.e. 4 fried eggs in a tray), but once it got low they cooked a couple more. Dinner was really good though.

I really wanted to love the stay here, but those little things are just surprising for the amount paid. I will say, however, that the service from Coli (sorry for the spelling) and Igor were great. Also, the hotel is far from any stores (i.e. to buy water, etc) and other towns so I'd recommend getting a car. But, it's quiet and good to get away from the crowds. The view is also amazing.

1 Thank NYTravelingAddict
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Top class service by each and every one of the staff at the hotel is the key the the success of the property.

When we walked in, we frankly expected more out of the hotel room and infrastructure. The 2 bedroom apartment has very small bedrooms and the toilets are very mall too. But the view from the hotel is magnificent and of course the detail of service quality is something I have not seen at any other hotel globally.

Highly recommended, for people who are not too fussed about small rooms/ toilets.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We were really pleased with our stay at Santorini Princess. It was a beautiful hotel with an unbelievable sea view! The rooms were beautiful and the staff was incredible. They were really helpful no matter what we required, be it booking a volcano tour or arranging transportation for us. We loved the hotel and would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Umina Beach, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Spent 6 nights on our 5th visit to the SP. As wonderful as the previous four. Renovations have been done since last year, and lifts the hotel up a notch. Achilleas and Alexandros were as helpful and professional as usual. The staff, including Nadia and Igor are extremely customer orientated. Thankyou.

London
Reviewed 30 May 2011

We stayed at Santorini Princess for two nights, and we truely enjoyed the spectacular view, beautiful heated pool, and excellent service. The location is very exclusive which also means it is best to rent a car to see the island. You can rent the car at reception and it is very affordable. The hotel is only about 10 minutes to Oia where you can enjoy a day out. Fira is a 35 minute walk or a just a short taxi ride away. We took the bus back from Fira and it only cost 75p. You just have to make sure you tell the driver to drop you off at Iris (the restaurant outside of the hotel).

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2011

enjoyed the location and the view. fantastic service and friendly staff.... we had a quick 2 days only - after bodrum and before istanbul and it was really relaxing and romantic...

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#14 of 50 in Imerovigli
San Antonio Suites
San Antonio Suites
#11 of 50 in Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Katikies Hotel
Katikies Hotel
#10 of 56 in Oia
Andronis Luxury Suites
Cavo Bianco
Cavo Bianco
#5 of 75 in Kamari

Been to Santorini Princess? Share your experiences!