“Heaven on Earth”

Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
new york
“Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had a hard time deciding whether to stay here or hotel in Oia. We were so happy we picked here as the hotels in Oia were difficult to reach and stacked on top of each other. Town is great though! This hotel had it's own spot right on the Caldera with nothing else really around. Santorini is simply surreal and the most beautiful place ( view wise ) I have ever been! Hotel was very chilled out with a very quiet, meditation like vibe during the day. Everyone was in a coma after gazing at the amazing view all day. Five star service throughout, including the van drivers. Have the van pick and drop you off as it is cheaper and drivers are great. Our best breakfast of a 3 week trip and again 5 star service. Our room was very comfortable with big bathroom and great shower. We got stuck by laundry room but was no bother and enjoyed some time on our front patio reading and looking at THE VIEW! Next time I will try their sister hotel on the island. Wish I was there right now!

Room Tip: Get suite away from laundry room. Terraces are bigger.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank reillyelmo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Greek first
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a week, and it was fantastic.

The staff of Santorini princess are the most service-minded people I have ever met, and they will make your stay absolutely perfect.
I have nothing bad to say about anyone in the staff, but I would like to give an extra thanks to George, who is an example to anyone working at a hotel anywhere.

So, the staff was amazing. What about the hotel itself?

Absolutely stunning location, with the view worthy only the gods.
From our room, we could sit in our jacuzzi, and watch the sun set in the ocean, it was absolutely beautiful, and I get happy just thinking about it.
The hotel is very "fresh" and clean, and very well planned. Nothing bad to say about it.

The food at the hotel is very good, and I would like to give my compliments to the chefs working there.
We had many meals at our room/balcony, so I think I tried almost everything from the menu, and I was pleasently suprised every time.
Ofcourse we ate in other restaurants away from the hotel, but most of them was just dissappointing, and we knew that we could get better food, with a better view and Santorini princess, so we ended up going back to the hotel for most of our meals.

I must return.
Thank you for making our honeymoon so perfect!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Forssten
Walton-On-Thames, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I know I will sound like everyone else who has written on here about the hotel, the staff, the location, the food and the very high standard of everything from cleanliness to attention to detail of making your stay the most personal and perfect get away to paradise as possible. But unless you have stayed there you just don't know.
I have stayed in many a hotel in all continents but this one is my favourite. From George in the day doing anything and everything for us, with hiring an ATV to Michael in the evenings pointing us in the right direction if we wanted to do something out side the hotel, all the staff were just fantastic. Everything was perfect for our honeymoon, even the gift bag they gave us on the way out. I have and will recommend this hotel

2 Thank christobeth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

When we arrived the port in Santorini one of the employees waited for us and drove us to the hotel. At the hotel another employee waited for us and showed us around the hotel and pointed at different places we should visit, where the nearest supermarket is, the cities, volcano etc. We had the honeymoon room, which had one of the best views we ever found to the caldera and sunset. The room was large, with a nice comfy bed, and a nice bathroom. Outside we had our own nice jacuzzi, balcony with table, chairs and parasol.
The pool is amazing, lots of sunbeds (we stayed in our jacuzzi though) you can even borrow free books in different languages.
The service is terrific. The employees are very helpful, talkative and nice. Always eager to help.
The food is amazing, we tried some restaurants recommended by tripad., but after some days we choose to stay at the hotel for lunch and dinner. No waiting, no bad food and they never forgot anything.
Even the breakfast buffet was amazing.
Again, the employees have been terrific. Especially George have been out of this world. I would definitely recommend the hotel, and I would love to visit again.

4 Thank Belinda B
Armonk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My family and I stayed here for four nights and it was the experience of a lifetime. Since we drove from the airport (rather than taking the hotel shuttle) we had a bit of a time finding the turn off for the hotel, but once we arrived we were ushered into a paradise in the sky.

Our cave room was spacious enough for my wife, my daughter and I, and the hotel itself was a boutique gem. Service was excellent, the buffet breakfast and other meals delicious, and the view--oh, the view! It was as though we had travelled to another planet and were looking out onto an unknown sea. There is something other-worldly about the view from the hotel and others like it, something soothing, calming and yet mysterious at the same time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ArmonkFrogBear
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights and enjoyed every minute. The hotel is very stylish with large comfortable rooms and good facilities. The views from the pool/ restaurant and rooms of the sunset each evening are spectacular.

The menu is excellent with an extensive breakfast buffet with many different options through to a poolside and dinner menu that has an equally strong selection (from burgers to pasta to traditional Greek). Some of the best Greek food we have tasted is from this restaurant.

The service is extremely friendly and attentive which is a huge plus.

The only downside of this hotel is does allow children so if you want to ensure you are child free this might not be the hotel for you. Equally this hotel is located in a remote part of Santorini so you would need to hire a car to get around the island.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Santorini was our last stop on a trip to Istanbul, Athens, and the islands. This was our favorite stop out of all 5 destinations and our favorite hotel out of five "Excellent" hotel experiences. The 2BR "cave" room was stunning. A comfortable blend of clean contemporary and rustic regional design.

Amazing views here, great rooms, friendly staff, and a good location between Oia and Fira where we spent most of our time. We WILL stay here next time we visit, only wish we stayed longer to see everything on this island. We'd prefer at least 3 full days here, and this is coming from a couple who did Athens and Istanbul in only 2 full days each.

We visited in April, before it gets busy. Some places are not open but from what I hear peak season is hard to get around due to traffic. Id highly recommend using the bus for everything. The staff can give you a schedule, and it's a good way to get around, plan your days, and save money/time. Just make sure you have some pocket change to make it easy on yourself.

I'd also highly recommend taking the walk along the coast from this hotel to Fira. Great views and perfect pictures. It's a lot of walking but not challenging. You can always stop for a coffee or glass of wine.

The highlight of our entire Europe trip was going to Oia for the sunset and walking down the steps to the water for an unforgettable sunset dinner with live music. Must see!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa
Chromata Hotel
Chromata Hotel
#12 of 48 in Imerovigli

Been to Santorini Princess? Share your experiences!