Santorini Princess
San Antonio Luxury Hotel(Imerovigli)(Great Value!)
US$823
Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa(Imerovigli)(Great Value!)
US$586
US$359
US$2,285
US$932
  • Breakfast included
Pegasus Suites & Spa(Imerovigli)
US$906
US$821
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsour honeymoonspa hotelhotel shuttleheated poolstunning viewsfira and oiabeautiful hoteltreated like royaltyshuttle servicethe hotel offersrented a carspecial thanksminute drivewelcome drinkthe cliffthe entire islandwatching the sunset
Reviewed 17 April 2010

3 words - WE LOVED IT!
The property was beautiful, overlooked the caldera, well kept, private and quiet with fabulous food. The staff were very personable and helpful. If you wanted to chat and get advise on restaurants, tours, etc, they were happy to help. If you wanted great service and privacy you hardly knew they were there. I don't know how they do it, but they seem to make every guest feel special and welcomed.

This property is is NOT in the heart of Fira which we preferred. We rented a 4 wheeler (at first for 1 day and kept it for the week) and could be in Fira in 10 minutes, Oja in 15 minutes and down the beaches on the southern tip of the island in 20. Keep in mind we went in October which is the last month of the season so it was much more quiet and much fewer cruise ships than at the height of the season. Again, this might be for everyone but we were there for our honeymoon and appreciated that the streets were less crowded but if you were there to party harty you may want a more busy time of year.

The room we booked was different but we loved it. A more picky traveller might not. Here's the layout = enter into a living/eating area with a couch, kitchette and table with chairs, off the back of this room is a large bathroom with jacuzi tub and shower, off the front of this room was a balcony with table and 2 lounge chairs, upstairs was our lofted bed area and TV (not large, literally a lofted bed with tv stand and bedside table). We preferred this room to the because it directly overlooked the caldera and seemed a bit more private than those rooms that overlooked the pool. We could watch the sun go down every night!

I think 6 days in Santorini was perfect. Any more and we would have needed to island hop i think. We spent 2 days at wineries, 2 days at 2 different beaches, 1 day at volcano tour and the rest relaxing and shopping.

It really was our perfect honeymoon and a very memorable trip. No complaints.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2010

The Santorini Princess was one of many hotels we stayed at during our honeymoon. The service we experienced was above and beyond what we could have imagined service in a hotel could be. The room was nice and comfortable, the location is in a quiet beautiful area but not in the middle of any town or village and the amenities are typical of a hotel of this standard in Santorini - pool, restaurant, bar, concierge, spa, etc.
BUT, this hotel differs in the service. And honestly, I never made a decision based on service - it usually doesn't affect my decision nor have many hotel's services ever blown me away. This one does!! Let this hotel blow you away and you will get it!
I am talking a pool waiter that seemed to always know where to find me exactly when I wanted to be found and just go ahead and bring me exactly the drink I wanted. Also, a private driver that would drive us to restaurants at night and then pick us up when we wanted. A departing gift bag including night shirts and local wine. Conscientious managers that think long and hard before making recommendations. Staff that would talk to us just long enough to relate and make us comfortable but not too long as to take up too much time.
Anyways, if staying in Santorini - this place really is different. Right on the Caldera, super usable fun pool (not just for good looks) and amazing food at the restaurant!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bbumatay
Reviewed 30 March 2010

excellent seafood cmbination marvoulous service and food,great stuff congratulations..!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2010

had a beutifull summerholiday experience. we almost didn't want to leave the hotel!!!! very good breakfast and dinner!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2010

We had a group of sixty people coming for the wedding from Ireland,
England and Australia, out of this we had 4 children under 12 and 3 babies under 2 years.
Everyone was staying for the week so we opted to stay in the beach resort of
Kamari. This beachfront location was more suitable for families and larger
groups with plenty of good hotels, restaurants, shops and bars to choose
from. This area offers very reasonable prices for accommodation, food &
drink .The group stayed in several different hotels all serving their own needs.

With regards the planner I worked with they looked after all the legal paperwork,
booking the date, translations, flowers & photography as it was included in the package.
I had been going through them for a different ceremony site & reception venue, transport and
entertainment also, but in the end the prices were way over our budget.
So I decided to have a look for other options available to us sourcing other venues
and services myself, but still keeping a good relationship with the planner.

So after finding these other service providers I booked directly with them
saving myself some money, that I could then spend on other features I
wanted for the wedding .I dealt with Achilleas one of the managers at the Santorini
Princess hotel & I can honestly say it would not have been such a success without
all his help, advice and patience whilst planning the big day.

The night before the wedding we had an area reserved in The Love Boat bar
in Kamari for the group, we had a fantastic night/early morning of drinks
dancing & singing ! We also loved The Hook bar which was one of our
favourite spots.

On the day of the wedding I had a room booked at The Santorini Princess hotel
(the one closest to the wedding area for my big entrance ) which was ideal as I
was at the location all day to see that preparations were going well & I
was also away from my future husband ! I enjoyed a glass of champagne from the hotel
as I had my hair done and got ready at my own pace, all while looking out at the
breathtaking views. In the meantime my husband had got ready at our hotel
in Kamari, we had hired a luxury car ourselves so he had transport for
himself and the groomsmen.

Our guests met at the football pitch in Kamari for the bus after having a
drink in one of the local bars to be transported to the wedding. Once they
arrived at the hotel it was the first time they had seen the views so they
were all blown away by it all reaching for their cameras instantly !

At this stage the nerves set in, the photographer came down to tell me
everyone was ready, my future husband was waiting. So as the music started
and the sun was starting to set I made my grand entrance with my
flowergirl, bridesmaids and Father by my side. It was everything I had dreamed
of and more.

The celebrant was wearing a dashing white suit (like he had come down from
heaven) afterwards I joked saying he was better dressed than my new
husband ! The ceremony is done in Greek & English and can take up to 30+
mins. You read the vows from a book, I had seen the vows beforehand to
familiarise myself with them. After the ceremony we cracked open the pink
champagne for celebrations and photos commenced quickly for about an hour
before the sun fully set.

The dj started at 8.30, we had given a list of preferred songs to him
which was no problem. We had to have a buffet meal over the size of our
party which was perfect, we had pre-ordered a number of bottles of wine
for the tables also. We had a fantastic selection on the menu,vegetarians
and childrens meals were catered for also. We had a three tier wedding cake
that was supplied by the hotel. Then to top the evening off we had a
fireworks display. The guests still talk of the night and holiday to this day.

I had 3 mini buses waiting from 1.00 am. incase families with children
wished to return back to Kamari early, but no one left until 2.00 - 3.30
am ! The mini buses took groups back at a time and most of them went to
The Hook bar where the party continued until the early hours of the morning.
We enjoyed our first night as a married couple in the hotel and woke up to
those magnificent views.

The following evening I organised an evening trip to Fira, most of us went
along who weren't too sick from the night before ! Some of the younger
people stayed on to sample the nightlife of course. On the last evening in
Santorini we went on a sunset boatrip for those who wanted to come, this
was a fantastic evening and a perfect end to the holiday.Throughout the week
some of the group hired quads forexploring the Island, some went scuba diving,
some visited the wineries you have so much to choose from & there is something
for everyone. I loved our visit to Ammoundi Bay ! It is spectacular with crystal clear water.

Sadly we had come to the end of our holiday and it was time to come home
with promises that we would all go back again some day. Whenever I am feeling
down I just think of the time we had in Santorini.
Everyones wedding day will be different but you can be sure it will the most memorable day
of your life being on this enchanting Island for such a special occasion.
I have since set up an advisory website to help couples planning so if you need any info or help feel free to contact me.

3  Thank IrelandLucy