“Fabulous, Amazing”
Review of Santorini Princess

Santorini Princess
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Unbelievable view, super nice staff, great food, clean room. Over all this hotel is amazing everything about it was nice. I will stay there again if i go back.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 June 2010

My husband and I went to Greece for our honeymoon (Athens, Rhodes, Santorini) and this was our last stop before we headed home to Michigan. When we arrived in Santorini, we were absolutely blown away by it's majestic beauty...I was literally speechless. Then we arrived at the Santorini Princess and I knew I had died and gone to heaven...this is the most beautiful and relaxing place we have ever been to. First off, the location is PERFECT. I was hesitant to stay in Imerovigli because I thought it might be too far out of the way but I was wrong - Oia was a perfect 10 minute taxi ride away...or if you're feeling adventurous, try the two hour hike there! We took the most amazing picture along that stunning path. And, the capital city Fira was a nice 30 minute walk away too - I'm glad we didn't stay there, it was pretty loud and always crowded with tourists. As for the hotel itself, I can't say enough...the staff truly makes the experience. They are attentive without being annoying, extremely friendly and very helpful! We stayed in the honeymoon suite for our first two nights, then switched to a regular 2 bedroom apt. the last two nights. I would recommend the honeymoon suite if you're on your honeymoon - it's pretty amazing. The only thing was your private hot tub is not too private AND the water was pretty cold - we stayed in for about five minutes before shivering and getting out. The 2 bedroom apt. was very nice too but not as roomy as the suite...we loved both! The pool is amazing, the views are magnificent and the staff is five star. This hotel truly made our honeymoon the best trip of our lives and we already decided we're going back to renew our vows in a few years!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2010

We arrived to the Princess Santorini, hoping to start the honeymoon off with some relaxation. We got that and so much more from the beautiful buildings, the privacy, and also the wonderful staff. I must say each person from the owners, to the Manager, to the food staff was friendly, and helped us out in every need we might of had. One of the best features was the transit vehiles they ahd to provide transport to different locations on the island we wanted to visit. This was easy and almost always available but they said during the busy season that is was more busy and less available.
I would reccomend the follwoing sights and things to do while on your stay in Imerovigil:
1. Walk into Fira about 20 mins - great for a workout and or just to take a long day shopping.
2. Go wine tasting- I reccommend Boutari!...Santos has great views but the wine was horrible. (I would say I am a bit of a wine snob though)
3. Sailing- We used Santorini Sailing and had "the Ted" and he provided us another great tour
4. Relax pool side all day at the Princess- Have a beer or three, enjoy the octopus marinade salad in Basalmic...very tender and rfefreshing
5. Go Oia- have dinner at Ambrosia and then shop at the little shops for gifts on your greece trip.
6. Enjoy each sunset
7. Try out a couple beaches...we only went to Kamari- and it had great food and drinks, but the beach isnt as nice.

But I just want to say this hotel was great, and we are already thinking of a way we can make it back!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2010

This was the hardest working staff of any place I have ever vacationed. They did everything to make our stay wonderful. The meals are the best on the Island !!!!!. The setting is a continuous photo opp from early morning to magnificent sunset. You can find a postcard photo almost everywhere, anytime. Did I mention the hard working staff. Yes it is worth mentioning twice. They were twice as good as any other staff at making your stay pleasant. I know some day I will return with more of my family to share the beauty of this hotel. I just hope that it is often. Thank you again for the best vacation I could hope for.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2010

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and we could not have asked for a more wonderful experience. The staff are friendly, helpful, and professional without being intrusive. They help with every detail of your stay - from renting a car to booking an excursion to dinner reservations to calling a taxi - they will do it all with a gracious smile and pleasant attitude.

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment and it was very pleasant and clean. The first level had the living area and bathroom, and the bedroom was on the 2nd floor loft. We had a private balcony with a gorgeous view of the caldera (although your neighbors are not far away, so while it's a private balcony, it's not really that private). Our only complaint (and it's very minor) is that, aside from the balcony and the small kitchen table and chairs, there was nowhere to sit in the apartment - a small sofa or love seat would have been wonderful.

The Santorini Princess is about a 15 minute (uphill) walk into the village of Imerovigli - while we enjoyed the peace and solitude of the location, it was a bit inconvenient if you wanted to buy snacks, water, or a bottle of wine to enjoy on the balcony. Just keep that in mind and be sure to pick up anything you need while you are out and about during the day. Compared to the chaos of Oia and Thira, we thought the Santorini Princess was a little slice of heaven on earth!! You cannot go wrong with this hotel!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2010

Positive: We payed 250 US dollars night so for what we payed it was an excellent value. The staff and owners are probably the most hospitable people I have come by in all my travels and I have traveled quite a bit. The hotel set up tranfers to thira and anywhere we wanted to go. We were 5 euros away from thira. We could also get to oia easily. We rented a car through the hotel it was parked right in front of the hotel. Completely hassle free. They charged 1 euro for a one liter bottle of water. They made it easy and I never felt ripped off but treated like royalty.

View is incredible, Caldera is magnificent. Pool is really nice, small but then at the same time the hotel is small so it feels like it is your own. Very near perfect in my opinion.

The rooms are really pretty, a little small but it is Greece. The only odd thing about this place is the bathroom is really really tight. But then again, for your sake hope you are not spending too much time there.

FOOD: price was reasonable, the dinners were excellent but we are vegetarian. I would highly recommend this hotel, I loved the location. Far enough from the hustle and bustle but not too much out of the way.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2010

We have just made our 4th visit to the SP, it just keeps getting better, travelling from Australia this is still a very special pleasure. Achilleas and Alexandros are the most professional hotel owners we have come across, nothing is too much trouble. The staff are so kind and helpful and the ambience is so perfect. We intend to make our 5th visit next year in late June, although we have found over 25 years and 8 visits to the island, April and September are probably the nicest months, not too many travellers, but reasonable weather (20-25 degrees).

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Aenaon Villas
Aenaon Villas
#2 of 51 in Imerovigli
Andronis Boutique Hotel
Lilium Villas
Lilium Villas
#7 of 81 in Fira
Andronis Luxury Suites
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Honeymoon Petra Villas
Honeymoon Petra Villas
#18 of 51 in Imerovigli

Been to Santorini Princess? Share your experiences!