The moment we arrived at the hotel, we were amazed by the stunning view and the very friendly welcome. Alex, the manager and the two lovely hostesses were so kind and nice that we were very impressed with this warm welcome. We were checked-in immediately and guided to our rooms by the lovely hostesses, after a small tour of the hotel.
The hotel is located on the cliffs of Imerovigli, not squeezed in the town but placed at a secluded area where you don't see roofs in front of you, but only the magnificient view of caldera, the islands, Oia and beautiful sunset from your own balcony. You could drive in front of the hotel, where there was a small road, but definitely no traffic and no noise. It was much better than staying in Oia as well, where most of the hotels were all squeezed on the cliffs and very expensive. It was better to have Oia view, rather than staying there. We had a rental car and drove easily to everywhere.
It had a rather small pool and limited area to rest around, but this was the case for most of the hotels in Santorini. The hotel and the room were very clean; the moment you leave your room for breakfast or for a swim in the pool, it was being cleaned immediately. The hotel has a small spa as well, which I have not tried, so could not make a comment.
The breakfast was very good, but we preferred to have our breakfast in our balcony instead of the restaurant, because it had a very limited view. Snacks that we ate around the pool were all delicious. Staff were very polite and helpful.
We had a superior room (room 24) , the view was stunning from our balcony. The room was nice, but could be much more comfortable. There was a small kitchnette with a minibar, a sink and a few glasses and plates , which I think was completely useless. Minibar and a small kettle with some coffee and teabags could be more than enough. There was also a table in the room, which was not necessary either. This space could be used to place a comfortable couch, instead. There was a small cabinet in the wall.
There was stairs to upstairs where there was a comfortable bed and a plasma TV,(which was not a must ,either) and the ceiling was like a cave as in most places in Santorini, so you could not walk easily in the room without bumping your head.
Air conditioning could be switched on and off from downstairs, so you had to go down to switch off during night, while sleeping. The telephone was placed upstairs, so you have go there to order something, while sitting in the balcony. The bathroom was located downstairs,it was big and nice with a big jacuzzi.
Standard rooms were placed on a single floor, so it should be easier to stay in these rooms, but they might not have such magnificient views because they were all placed on the ground floor.
In summary, I would definetely recommand this hotel, for the incredible service,politeness and friendliness of the staff, cleanless, quitness, the magnificent view and location. It was like a heaven on earth. Thank you Alex and all the others who made us feel like staying in our own home. Wish you best from Istanbul, Turkey:))
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Imerovigli, the most beautiful village of Santorini, you will find Santorini Princess Luxury Spa Hotel. It is situated on the enchanting and world famous caldera, 300m above the sea, having the most fascinating and unique view of the volcano and the little islands of the Aegean Sea, and of course the breathtaking sunset. The hotel is a true ornament for the region as it combines harmoniously the traditional characteristics of Santorini with discreet luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Santorini Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santorini Princess Imerovigli
- Santorini Princess Hotel Imerovigli