“Disappointed”

Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
Albany, New York
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

After reading countless reviews I decided to book this hotel. I would not recommend this hotel. It is dark and dingy. The bed didn't have sheets. The bathroom flooded because the shower was leaking and when I called the reception desk, they asked me what I wanted them to do about it. The view is amazing, however. The pool is VERY small, and the pool chairs are the most ridiculous I have ever sat in. The location is a nice walking distance to many restaurants, however, I would recommend staying in Oia. We rented a car and drove to Oia for dinner and such - and it is a great town! I also highly recommend the Blue Lagoon catamaran cruise - it was a beautiful day of sailing and they cook an amazing meal on board.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

The guy in the hotel was really helpful all the time, it is far away enough from all of the tourist coming in every day from the cruises. It is easy to move around by motorbike.
I really liked the room, but I saw a lot of different ones so make sure you get one with a view.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

Perhaps I would have enoyed having more time to walk around if we'd stayed in Oia, but we stayed at Sunny Villas in Imerovigli on Santorini and it was incredible.
The views are just incredible. The staff was great. The stairs are steep, FYI. I loved exploring every inch and nooks and crannies of Imerovigli, even if I wondered if I'd fall to my death. I loved that my family and I had different suites that all looked completely different, like they're just converted apartments. There is so much charm and character and you can feel the history of the place. Especially the realization that *THIS* was Atlantis!

We took the looooooooong walk down and up the Skaros where a midevil castle used to be (and back again), which was exhausting but the view was INCREDIBLE....I wouldn't trade that experience at all (or being able to just walk back to my hotel and relax, intead of cramming into a cab and taking a harrowing ride back to some other part of Santorini).

Room Tip: If you have bad knees, ask for a room on a higher (street) level so you're not climbing up and d...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

The view from your terrace is what you're here for. It is absolutely breathtaking. Waking up to the blue of the caldera or watching sunset with a bottle of wine is divine. The guy who runs the place (Andreas) is very helpful and the other guy (Michael I think) makes awesome cocktails poolside. Water in the pool is pretty cold, but it's a welcome thing in the temperatures of Santorini in the summer! Breakfast included with the room rate is nothing too special and pretty limited, so we ordered eggs and bacon or something else extra every day to supplement it. The rooms are "caves" as they are dug into the sides of the cliff, but it gives them character that we found pretty cool. The furnishings were a bit on the old side, could use an update, but that's about the only thing that I'd change. Take a hike to the Skaros Rock that's right in front of the hotel - endlessly beautiful photo opportunities. Walk to Fira, it's an awesome walk. Go to the Red Beach too. Andreas can suggest more things to do for you, just ask!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

We had reservations at at nearby hotel. They were not there for 3 hours when we arrived, so just found Sunny Villas by chance. The rooms were beautiful and yes, they are "caves", in that they are built into the side of the mountain. It IS Santorini, after all! They were very helpful with restaurant recommendations. The bed was excellent and very comfortable. We got a great rate, since we were there in October.

Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

we paid over $285AUD for this hotel, which I consider expensive. The rooms were dark, dingy. The only nice thing is the balcony with good views. The breakfast is not good. There are NO lying down chairs at the pool. You must be able to ly at your pool in santorini as you cannot walk to beaches. The bed was very uncomfortable! There are definately much nicer and better places to stay in Imerovigli than this property. Keep looking...

2 Thank seeking_9
Herning, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

My husbond and I just spend our honeymoon at Sunny Villas, and it was amazing. The room was bright and clean, and the private terrase had the most fantastic view over the Caldera. We are comming back!!!
Remember to ask the owner where to eat, he is spot on..