“WOW-Spectacular! One of my three favorite hotels in the world”
Review of Hotel Sunny Villas

Hotel Sunny Villas
Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
los angeles
“WOW-Spectacular! One of my three favorite hotels in the world”
Reviewed 21 August 2009

I am at a loss for words, which I must say, rarely happens. My husband and I decided to spend a few nights in Santorini while visiting Greece, and were stunned by the views, the hospitality, and the food. I had read on many of the reviews that there are a lot of steps (which there were), but if you don't mind a good climb it is well worth your while.

Everyone had raved to us about the views from Oia, which we went to our first night, but the view from our balcony at Hotel Sunny Villas took our breath away. Even when we went next door to the Blue Note for dinner, after watching the sunset from our balcony, the sky stayed an amazing crimson red for a good hour after the sun had gone down.

Andreas, one of the owners, was extremely hospitable and a delight through and through. When we arrived at 7am after our 6am flight from Santorini, he gave us complimentary coffee and a light breakfast down by the pool, despite the fact that we had not even checked in yet.

As far as we could tell, each room had a balcony with an amazing view of the Caldera and you could see all the way to Oia. The room itself was extremely spacious, and offered a lovely sitting area and fridge to store your own wine, food, beer etc... which we took full advantage of.

I have traveled around the world (11 countries in the last year alone) and this is by far one of my top 3 favorite hotels I have ever been to. I cannot recommend it enough.

We are intending to come back every year!

*My husband wished there were more internet service (only one person can use the internet at a time), but personally I don't think you should waste your time on the internet with views like that!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Leeds, England
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Sunny Villas is owned by two brothers who have worked hard to make a fantastic boutique hotel.I booked the Sunny Villas for just for the night as a surprise for my wife for our wedding anniversary. Even though it was just one night they upgraded our room to a superior room which was beautiful and had a balcony with an amazing view for the sunset. In the morning your breakfast was brought to you when you were ready and the choice was great. The pool and bar area was cool, mellow tunes playing all day, nice bar service and again an amazing view, what a great place to top up the tan.
I wish we could have stayed longer and I thank Andreas for a fantastic stay.

San Francisco
Reviewed 28 July 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights in June. The views from the room balconies and pool are great. Not only do you get a great caldera site, you're next to Skaros, an unusual lava formation in front of the caldera. Walking up and down the stairs becomes a bit of a challenge over time. You've got to walk well to stay here.

We had a room the first night that had a loft bedroom. We weren't happy with it. The ladder is extremely steep and if you have to get up at night and climb down the ladder, beware. . However, mgmt was helpful and got us a nice room for the remaining nights.
Imerovigli is a great location with sunsets as good as Oia. This area was quiet at night.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rogelio1
los angeles
Reviewed 26 July 2009

We stayed at the hotel Sunny Villas in June. It was our first trip to Santorini, and it was perfect. In my opinion, Imerovigli is an ideal location – the cruise ships dock at Fira so it’s very touristy and Oia gets crowded too. Imerovigli is more private and just as beautiful. The cliffside walk down to Fira from the hotel is gorgeous. There’s also a bus stop a very short walk from the hotel which makes it convenient to get around the island. As for our room, we had a flat-screen tv, modern furniture, and a kitchenette. Super-cute and very clean. The staff is excellent…they went out of their way to assist us and make sure we were happy. They make killer drinks at the hotel bar which overlooks the caldera. The best thing about our stay was the private patio which had the most amazing view of the caldera and the sunset. Every morning we would eat breakfast on the balcony and just stare in awe. Truly gorgeous.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank gigigila
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2009

After spent countless hours last winter on trip advisor researching Santorini i can confirm it was all worthwhile. In Sunny Vlllas I made a great choice.
My wife and I stayed for 5 nights to celebrate her 40th. Our room, 116, is one of the traditional cave style I don't know what pleased me more, the view or the room itself.
Sunny villas has a wonderful atmosphere. The staff are attentive but not intrusive, nothing is too much trouble. The decor and design is minimalist but traditional and the whole place is kept meticulously clean. Tranquility and calm is what i found in sunny villas....we loved late afternoon listening to ambient music around the pool, taking in the stunning views... and then as the sun sets sipping a cocktail or two....Timi mixes a mean cocktail!
Great for couples of all ages not sure why u would bring children here unless for 1 night ...resorts like kamari are better bases for families. In terms of the island itself,
Its a cosmoplitan location but if you want to sample the real greece you can find it tucked away from the caldera.
Thanks to Andreas and the sunny villas staff especially Timi and Elli for making our stay so memorable. If you choose to stay here you wont be disappointed.

1 Thank rob25Suffolk
Los Angeles
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Pros: Andreas is SO helpful. Great service. He recommended some FANTASTIC places to get some GOOD Greek food. Every room comes with a balcony facing the water. The views are breathtaking. You don’t have to go anywhere or pay for a view, just go to your balcony. The pool is also great. Imeriovigli is also in my opinion the best place to stay. The free continental breakfast was awesome.

Cons:
Our water stopped in the middle of the night. Andreas had to turn it back on. We had a studio and the room was smaller then expected. The AC didn’t really work and our sheets were not replaced daily. The bed was also small.

Overall, it was an average stay, but the views, pool and Andreas made it worth it. I wish it was more comfortable. I probably wouldn’t return as there were some other places in Imeriovigli that looked nicer.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Egypt
Reviewed 12 July 2009

I've been to Sunny Villas last week with my husband and friends, we had so much fun. the view was amazing, great sunset. Breakfast was delicious in the sun.
people working in the hotel are very friendly. Loved the place big time!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#18 of 50 in Imerovigli
Iliovasilema Suites
Iliovasilema Suites
#21 of 50 in Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa
Honeymoon Petra Villas
Honeymoon Petra Villas
#14 of 50 in Imerovigli
Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments

Been to Hotel Sunny Villas? Share your experiences!