“Incomparable view and service.”
Review of Artemis Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Imerovigli
Artemis Villas
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
Lakeville, Minnesota
“Incomparable view and service.”
Reviewed 26 May 2011

From the moment we arrived, the service was unbelievable. We were served a drink and snack on our balcony and sat in awe of the view we had. The owners, Chris and Angela, take care of everything. If you need a car, they set it up and have the car within walking distance of the hotel. They make sure all your needs are taken care of. The surprises kept coming, we wondered what they would do for us next.
Then there is the view. Imerovigli is higher on the cliff than both Oia and Fira. There are so many things to look at while you are up there. The sunset up there is amazing. Everyone goes to Oia for the sunset, you can have your own private show of the sunset on your balcony.
I can't forget the breakfast, served to you on your balcony. We were never able to finish it, as the amount of food was so much.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who would like an amazing view, with unmatched service and friendliness from the staff and owners.

Room Tip: They have a room with minimal stairs.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 20 May 2011

We stayed here from May 11-14, 2011 for part of our honeymoon. From day one, we were greeted with a smile as we were picked up, very timely, from the airport. There was a short drive through the island to the villas, which was nice. However, I was not at all prepared for what we saw upon our arrival. The view is amazing to say the least!! We did not have to check in; we were taken straight to our room, which was unreal! I had seen pictures online but I never thought it would have been this beautiful. Our villa was exactly what I wanted. My husband even turned to me and said “great job!” We had a jacuzzi on our terrace with a small table and chairs. The room could not have been more perfect, roomy yet very cozy. Lots of windows with breathtaking views from each one. The bathroom was incredible. Large whirlpool tub, that was used lots ;)

The service was impeccable. Besides not having to check in when we got there, we were brought champagne and dessert upon our arrival and left alone. We had the European breakfast each morning on our terrace. I highly recommend this as it was pretty much our favorite meal. The 2 men who delivered the meals and helped with the hot tub were incredibly nice and polite. My husband got sick for an entire day while we were there so I was left to myself that day. I had them help me with the hot tub and I ordered room service. Amazing food! I couldn't get enough of it. I let the owner, Angela, know he was sick and asked her advice on what we should do on our last day. She immediately showed concern for him and helped me figure out what to do, beaches or volcano, and assisted me with finding a hotel for our night in Athens.

Our last day was probably our best day of our time there. It was around 70 outside, no winds, and clear skies. My husband rented a car from the owners, incredibly reasonably priced, and we drove off to the black beach. I couldn’t recommend this more. With a car you see areas that you wouldn’t have. Also, we were able to take drinks with us. (I recommend buying champagne, beer, and snacks from one of the grocery stores instead of paying for the overpriced drinks on the beach.) In addition to this, we were able to move to another room so that we could shower and change before being taken to catch our flight that night, at no charge. Angela and her team made the transfer so easy, even helping my husband book a hotel for Athens and give him directions for how to take the Metro from the airport to the hotel.

This was an amazingly wonderful trip that my husband and I would take again. We have already talked about coming back for our 5 year anniversary and staying here. Everything was beyond perfect! Big thanks to Angela and her great team!!!

Room Tip: Email the owner for villa suggestions and pics.
tampa
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Young couple stayed for 3 nights in May. Rooms have the best caldera views! Chris and Angela greeted us on arrival with a special treat and a drink. The rooms sell themselves but they really make it a place to write home about. Such great warm hearted people we didn't want to go back to the States! We did the 1:45 minute hike to Oia and if you are able to hike this is beautiful. Breakfast on the balcony or bedside is such a delight and we enjoyed the jacuzzis at sunset. Free wifi and very comfortable beds. Conveniently did laundry and returned the next day. This hotel is top notch and highly recommended!

1 Thank rags60
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 May 2011

This was definitely the highlight of our trip. We stayed in the white suite for 3 nights and loved every minute of it. I was sick for the first 2 days and the owners went out of their way to help us get medicine. They also recommended great things to do and places to eat. The view is out of this world and the location is wonderful between Fira and Oia. We did not know what to expect from the white suite based on the pictures but it was perfect. It was very clean and the bathroom is spotless. The bed is sooooo comfortable. We loved watching sunsets from our balcony and were treated to complimentary wine and bruschetta. We watched the sunset in Oia one night and preferred our balcony to it. When we arrived the owners sent us a complimentary chocolate crepe which was very delicious. Overall this was a wonderful room with kind and personable staff and the thoughtful owners truly make this a very special place. I cannot wait to return and I will tell all my friends and family to stay here!

2 Thank beachiebum
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 April 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here last May and we had a wonderful time. We had already been in Santorini for a few days and had stayed in Fira and had such a lovely time at the other hotel that we were nervous that this hotel would not be as nice. We were wrong. This hotel is so quaint and beautiful. The views were breathtaking. We selected one of the rooms with the outdoor jacuzzi and it was such a nice treat to take a pre dinner dip each evening. We were provided with snacks and wine each night as well. The owners of the hotel were very sweet and helpful. I still think about this place nearly a year after my stay and I cannot wait to get back.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 March 2011

I debated staying at a place with more reviews and one that american travel agents tend to rely on - thank goodness I did not listen. I had heard that Imerovigli is the place to stay because of the views and this is the perfect hotel there. The owners are extremely friendly and helpful. The arranged for us to be picked up from the port, to rent a car to drive around, and our other excursions. The location itself is magnificent. The rooms were fine and the pool is small- but you stay here for the patios and their associated sunsets. The views absolutely cannot be beat. I would definitely recommend this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Edmonton
Reviewed 18 January 2011

Our review is a wee bit late but we still felt it important to get it in. We were here for 4/5 days, from September 13, 2010.

So I will cut to chase with this review. It was a treat to stay here. I won’t waste many words on the view and location in general but I think that “fantastic” and “amazing” should cover it all.

What is special here is the way you are treated and made to feel at home. Whether it is Chris and Angela bending over backwards to make you feel pampered or the staff doing everything they possibly can to make your stay better, this is the place to be. This is likely the most accommodating hotel we have ever stayed at.

Angela’s advice was always spot on whether it was a place to eat, shop or how long it would take to walk to Oia. Forgive the spelling but Gazzie, hope his name isn’t spelled too poorly, is incredibly fit as he threw one large suitcase over his shoulder, grabbed a second and strode up the stairs as if it was nothing. We were able to check in early, we were able to check out late for a evening flight.

We spent 1 night in a superior studio and then 3 nights in the White Room. They made the check-in and switching rooms a breeze. We got some complementary treats during the stay which have now become staples for our dinner guests at home as well.
Breakfast was served at our room each morning at exactly, and I mean exactly the time requested.

Okay a little more about the view, “the sunsets”, you really have to see it to understand it. Simply said it is worth seeing. As sunset approaches people begin to appear on every balcony and open space transfixed and mesmerized gazing at the horizon. This scene repeats itself every evening.

We enjoyed some pool time which has a spectacular view.

An interesting observation for us was that the White Room was almost too modern and large a space. The room was great and truly special in many ways, but personally we were almost more comfortable in our superior studio; which was smaller but not too small, and decorated nicely in traditional Greek style.

Great location, great sunset, great people, what else can you ask for?

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Aenaon Villas
#9 of 50 in Imerovigli
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#16 of 50 in Imerovigli

Been to Artemis Villas? Share your experiences!