“Romantic and Unique. I want to go back!”
Review of Artemis Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Imerovigli
Artemis Villas
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
Draper, Utah
“Romantic and Unique. I want to go back!”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our 10 yr anniversary celebration in 2010 and they decorated our room with rose petals and teacup candles. The location was beautiful, the service was fantastic, the rooms were traditional Santorini Style - white cement, blue doors and window frames. The bed was comfortable. Our patio had a private hot tube. The views were breathtaking. Our room also had a kitchenette. We would walk to the local grocer and buy sandwiches for picnics. We rented a car and rode it around the island to visit the red, white and black sand beaches and to go shopping. The Sunsets were amazing! Angela was a great cook and would offer crepes and other desserts and drinks to watch the sunset. We were welcomed by the best complimentary breakfast on the patio the first morning. This was the most romantic and unique hotel we have ever stayed in. The food in Greece is really good so all over the island they had good cafes and gelato. If you have difficultly with stairs this may not be the hotel for you since there are a lot of stairs. I hope to make it back some day!!!

Room Tip: I don't know that you can go wrong with this place. It is a smaller hotel with unique patios...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My wife and I stayed in Artemis Villas for a week in June 2012 and were blown away by the hospitality of Chris and Angela and their staff.

We have to agree with the points that other reviewers have already mentioned: the stunning setting on the cliff face; the great sunset views; the lovely rooms with well-equipped kitchenettes; and the delicious breakfast trays!
But it was the additional little touches that made our stay feel special, like the drink/snack brought to us at sunset, and the towels folded into animal shapes and flower petals around the room each day.

The swimming pool is quite small but very refreshing, and there is a nice two-tier decking area around it where we enjoyed reading and watching the sunset from.

We hired a car during our stay and it was great to have the freedom to visit anywhere on the island - we made trips to several beaches on the outer side of Santorini island. I was worried about parking at first but we always found spaces near Artemis Villas, regardless of whether we got back early or late in the evening.

I can't recommend Artemis Villas highly enough and truly hope that we can stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2013

We stayed here at end of August 2012 (only just managed to get round to writing the review) and we absolutely loved every minute of it. Chris and Angela and their team were so welcoming and they helped us settled in really quickly. The view was simply superb - perfect place to watch the sunset, with a cocktail in hand (btw, the Cosmopolitan was the best in Santorini by far!) We also enjoyed the evening surprises, served in our room each evening. The room we stayed in was very clean and we really liked the cute little touches in the room. We enjoyed our stay very much, and thanks Chris and Angela and your team for all your hospitality.

Room Tip: Pack light if you can - the hotel is on a cliff!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 5 January 2013

My wife and I had taken a break after 3 years and we always wanted to visit Santorini Islands. We read together a lot of reviews and finally zeroed on this property.

The property's location is amazing- just on the caldera. However it is not meant for people who have difficulty in climbing as the rooms are actually on the cliff and it is quite a walk to the rooms. There are other properties too and the boundaries seem to be a little confusing as the room next to you may not belong to this property. However this is made up by the hospitality of the couple who own it.

We had taken the White Suite and it lived up to its name. The whole interior was white and the rooms and the living room were spacious. The bathroom was clean and functional. I saw water tanks coming in every other day for regular water supply. The water was hard and one seemed to have rough hair. This was however made up by the generous supplies of bottled water which you could use.

The kitchenette was well equipped and we had a great time cooking.

Internet wifi concectivity is an issue and the signal is very weak. We were provided a separate signal booster which did help but the signal strength was far from desirable.

The bed and bathroom linen was clean. Everyday they had a special bed made with the towels in shape of heart, etc. this was quite sweet of them.

They served surprised drinks n one of the days and it was more than welcome.

The view from the verandah was amazing. The Adrian Sea was very calm and the volcano looked majestic. The sunsets were breathing and we personally felt that it was better then Oia.

The owner husband was very helpful and guided us for each day of the 4 nights that we spent with local sight seeing and cuisine.

The walks to Fira island was very refreshing but tiring. The meals that we had at Fira was excellent and so were local artefacts that we bought on our way.

All in all this place can be recommended as we had a very pleasant stay and would like to return again to this same property.

Cheers,,,

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank ajitdeepa
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 19 December 2012

My husband and I stayed here in September 2011. I am just finally getting around to writing a review, but that just shows how much this place and its stellar service stick in your mind! We ended up being able to take this trip on pretty short notice, but due to a cancellation they were able to accommodate us in a studio the first couple nights and then in the White Suite. The studio is lovely and perfectly wonderful; the White Suite offers perhaps a bit more privacy and definitely more space, for a higher rate. We would be thrilled to return and stay in either one. I think other reviewers have covered the delicious breakfasts and sunset treats, the charming and incredibly helpful owners and staff, the ideal location, and of course the show-stopping views, so let me just give a quick example of these folks going above and beyond. We went on a hike during our stay, and by some odd fluke I got stung by a bee. I am mildly allergic, so we had to head to the doctor. My husband asked Chris and Angela about getting a cab to take us, and Chris insisted on driving us -- along with Artemis, his mother-in-law who is a former nurse but speaks I think exclusively Greek -- to the ER. Not only that, they came inside the hospital, made sure we were taken care of, and further insisted on waiting there until we were all set, and then stopping for us to pick up a prescription at the pharmacy en route back to the hotel. We were mind-blown at how well these people care for their guests. It really is a special place, and we look forward to returning someday. In the meantime, we certainly recommend it to all of our friends and anyone looking for a relaxing stay in one of the most beautiful and romantic places on earth!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Minne35
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 7 November 2012

My husband and I stayed at Artemis Villas in a superior suite to celebrate our anniversary. It was absolutely romantic, charming, and clean. The view and sunsets from our balcony were like a dream? The courteous, friendly, prompt, professional service was exemplary! Everything, from the reservations, to the check-in/check-out, to the concierge, to the servers and the extra special amenities. They arranged transportation to and from the airport, arranged tours, and restaurants. We couldn't have asked for more!

I would highly recommend Artemis Villas to anyone!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AtlantaAdventurer
kiama
Reviewed 6 November 2012

This review comes in a little late as we stayed for 7 nights in early september. We had been dreaming of staying at Artemis Villas for a few years as quite a number of friends had stayed before so we knew all about the wonderful service that you could expect there. We were two couples and stayed in the two junior suites at the top of the property. We chose Santorini and Artemis to celebrate our friends 60th Birthday. When we arrived and got out of the transfer vehicle it was a truley OMG!! moment when we saw the view that was to be ours for the next week, so many wonderful hours looking at that view !!! A small family run villa hotel that so gets everything right, the housekeeping staff were outstanding, everything you could possibly want. Yes, so much has been said before about the attentive service that Chris and Angela give here from the treats and cocktails to providing us with the best breakfast, cake and champagne on my friends birthday, and all on the house !!!!! Loved the accommodation, the pool area , the only request I might have would be a umbrella on our patio but I think it could be difficult because you are so far up it may blow away !!!! not one single complaint , I think we got luxury location, accommodation and service but did not pay luxury prices... many thanks to everyone at Artemis Villas from Kim, Ian , Julie and Brian (birthday boy)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bali065
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Aenaon Villas
Aenaon Villas
#2 of 48 in Imerovigli
Altana Traditional Houses and Suites
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Astra Suites
#1 of 80 in Fira
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#14 of 48 in Imerovigli

Been to Artemis Villas? Share your experiences!