“Amazing!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Artemis Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Imerovigli
Artemis Villas
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
Cork, Ireland
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I have just returned from one week at the Aretemis Villas, Santorini. We had the most amazing holiday. The aretemis Villa exceeded our expectations and we could not fault it. We stayed in the most basic studio, which was spotlessly clean, comfortable and with the most amazing views. All of the staff were excellent, and as other people have mentioned the extra touches made all the difference. The continental breakfast was plentiful, fresh and great value. The location was perfect as it was quiet and relaxing with some lovely restaurants close by. The bus service was also good. The walk to Fira was 35 minutes, with a taxi for €7 or the bus for €1.60. Oia was a 2.5 hour walk away.

Overall I would highly recommend the Aretemis Villa as it is excellent value for money, amazing views and great staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank corcaigheire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Artemis on a two week trip to Greece. The hotel really took care of us - offering sunset drinks and desert every night. The room was beautiful - and since there aren't that many rooms at the hotel it really feels intimate. The hotel is a little expensive - but worth the cost if you want a little bit of luxury on your vacation stay. The view is absolutely amazing and it's easy to walk into Thira for dinner.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Isaiah K
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I had a very nice stay at Artemis Villas. I was unsure where to stay on Santorini and am glad I chose Imerovigli – much quieter than the horribly busy Fira and Oia with very special views over the Caldera.

My room was beautifully presented, with crisp white and blue décor and a lovely marble bathroom. The view was very special, particularly at sunset. It wasn't the best value - my studio room was small for the cost, the main balcony was up some stairs rather than directly off of my room, and breakfast was extra. But there were lots of lovely complimentary touches which made my stay more special, like a welcome drink and desert, and champagne while I watched the sunset.

The pool was wonderfully cool and refreshing, and was quite secluded compared to some of the other hotels in Imerovigli, with pools right by the public footpaths. It was very small (more of a plunge pool), and only a small number of loungers (two or three) received any shade in the afternoon from the single large umbrella - though I didn't find it an issue at the end of the season as I usually had it to myself. I didn't have my own hot tub, so booked the one by the pool and had the entire deck to myself for an evening – a lovely way to watch the sunset.

Everyone was very friendly and helpful - the wonderful lady who cleans the rooms and provides the weather forecast every evening deserves a special mention. But it was obvious that they weren't used to solo travellers (that goes for everywhere I went in Santorini - not unexpected from the honeymoon island, but for the price it really shouldn't have been noticeable). The breakfast was for two people and enormous, and the otherwise very friendly man who met me at the port made very clear his astonishment to find me travelling alone - I felt like I was being judged for it, which wasn't a good welcome.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Claire B
Berkeley, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Wow!! What a gorgeous place. We spent 4 nights here for our one year anniversary and loved it. We stayed in the studio and it was economical in size but just right for us and so cute!! Gorgeous gorgeous views!! Very serene location. Service is amazing and the porters/staff very friendly . This is a great place for honeymooners or anniversary couples. Angela and Chris were extremely helpful and knowledgeable and helped us arrange a sailing tour, renting a car to see
the island. Wifi went mia sometimes, but I didnt want to be glued to my phone anyway with such a view!!

• Stayed September 2013
Hale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful 6 days in September 2013. Excellent accomodation at Artemis Villas, Chris and Angela made us feel very much at home. The breakfasts (10 Euro extra p/p) were very nice and the room, although small was very clean and had the most wonderful view. Have no hesitation in recommending Artemis but Santorini was very touristy. Imerovigli thankfully is far enough away from the madding crowds but Fira and Oia are overun with cruise liner folk and spoilt largely as a result. Thought they would have died down in mid September, alas, we counted 5 cruise liners lined up on one day. Poor donkeys!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
athens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

we had an amazing 2 nights in a Lovely Junior Suite (113), with outdoor Jacuzzi for two people, the room was amazing, had great views and a private balcony... the bed is amazing... a great place...we ll go again soon.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

All the rooms at Artemis have a direct view to one of the most stunning lanscapes you can see - the blue Aegean sea and the Caldera right in the center. But what made our stay especially memorable was the best hospitality we have ever experienced. We reached the hotel after a really tiring day and a bumpy ferry ride from Mykonos at 12 in the night. Chris (the owner - a Greek born in Australia and now back to his homeplace) knew we were coming late and was actually out looking for us and found me (trust me - the cliffside is so packed with hotels right next to each other that it is not easy to identify one hotel from the next..and all of them are white!). Within minutes of helping us settle down in our room ( a studio room), he had organized a wonderful midnight celebration right on our balcony with a chilled bottle of Martini and some chocolates and strawberries! The staff was also really helpful - they really take care of you and are very friendly. Oh and they served a lovely dessert surprise when we went to the pool - enjoying the dessert while enjoying the sunset in the nicely done pool area was a beautiful experience. The location is also pretty good - you have to climb only a few steps to go to the main road or some 20 odd steps to get to one of the main streets which link all the hotels on the cliff. The room however, was quite small and a bit basic, though they maintained it nicely. That's the only reason it gets 4 stars. But apart from that, it was a highly memorable experience.

Room Tip: Rooms in general are small, so if you want more space, then opt for the larger rooms. All rooms thou...