“Magnificent on every level!”
Review of Artemis Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Imerovigli
Artemis Villas
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
Melbourne, Australia
“Magnificent on every level!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing views, outstanding service, most friendly, accommodating & helpful staff I've met on this Europe trip yet. Really really lovely and this place is great value. My husband and I will be back, I hope again & again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Santorini, the place of romantic sunsets.

We visited in cities like Thira & Oia and Perissa beach (best beach in the Santorini), hiking in the rocks (Skaros), sailing in the sunset and walk lot of stairs. The best thing in Santorini is Imerovigli, Oia and different sailing cruises. Food was good and cheaper than example in Scandinavia, and Imerovigli is very quiet even in High season.

Before our trip, I read lot of tripadvisor comments of Santorini and I want to thanks all of you,
because you help me so much to me make my dreams come true.

That's why I would like to give few tips to all couples and help your holiday plannings in the future.
Imerovigli is the best and the most romantic place in Santorini. There is no tourist buses and crowdy at all. Place is very quiet, maybe even too much, but you respect privacy that when you are laying on the Jacuzzi and watching sunset together with your love with glass of sparkling :)
Place is over 300m at level of Sea, so views are amazing!!! All hotels and apartomentos are handled well and because of the stairs, place doesn't fit for kids at all. Place contains restaurants, spa's and several car rental and sailing tour companies. And with buses you reach Oia & Thira easily. So you who is looking honeymoon or something romantic to your partner, select Imerovigli.

And please do not select Perissa or Kamari. Those places are like what ever place example in Turkey, but doesn't contain anything special. Also travelling to see any sunsets takes easily 1 hour! Thira can fit for youngster and party animals. In Oia 90% of hotels views doesn't contains fully sunset, but in Imerovigli percent is almost 100%!

We celebrate one week our 10th anniversary in Artemis Villas and place was exactly so excellent as all comments says. Room (116) was super clean, and sunsets from Jacuzzi was amazing.
Breakfast was excellent, I really realized that after one breakfast in Cafeteria. Stuff is pleasant and nice. They are working hard all the day and still they make our beds perfectly even in the night. I think that one day they clean our room twice, so every place is perfect shape all the time.
Happy hour before sunset, plus free water every day brings extra value. Our room is probably the most private one and Angela helps you to book example sunset sailings. Everything is organized so well that you can really concenrate to relax.

And what makes the difference?

I plan this trip several years, and book 7 months earlier. I kept the place as a secret from my wife.
With Angela we had short email discussions 3 month before and I told her that we will celebrate our 10th anniversary and maybe we could organized some small surprise to my dear wife. We didn't discuss after that at all and actually I saw Angela only once before that anniversary Day.
In the anniversary day we was in massage & swimming in the cavepool in near by Artemis Villas,
and almost whole day in the Jacuzzi. Finally, in the evening we walk to restaurant, and meanwhile Angela was order pucket of roses, and in the night room was cleaned, and there was waiting candles, flowers, champange and cake!!!

How many places room service is done at 10pm? Where you can order what ever and when ever everything what you want? Service was always very correct and silency. Good service is also the giving privacy and own space. So from Artemis Villas you get romantic view, excellent service and privacy, which is very difficult elsewhere in Santorini.

I have only problem anymore. How I can ever accept something less?
Chris and Angela has build something unique and I will never forgot our moments in Santorini.
We will come back and I hope all my best to the Chris and Angela & the Stuff of Artemis Villas,
You Are Amazing!!!

Room Tip: Superiorstudio with outdoor Jacuzzi
3 Thank Manwiththequestions
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I 110% recommend Artermis Villas to anyone visiting Santorini. Every single step of our stay was made so special by service which really surpassed anything we expected from the holiday.

We were only visiting the island as a friend was getting married at the nearby La Maltese estate. We stayed for 4 nights and the added touches were what made it special - Chris being on our balcony waiting to welcome us on arrival. He even got our friend a welcome drink too, even though she wasn't stay with us.

They gave free wine with the lunch snacks, free water throughout, a fruit bowl, free icecreams by the pool, champagne cocktails at happy hour, and the towel formations were better than any we have received on our usual cruise holidays. They were so easy going and friendly too, we had several friends visit our balcony for drinks at sunset and they didn't mind us hosting.

The view is spectacular, and I think everyone agreed our room was one of the best views and hot tub positionings in the artemis villas. I note another review is titled 'Heaven' which is close as my friend had a photo taken in our hot-tub and within 1 minute two facebook friends had commented on facebook that it looked like how they imagined heaven, really!

The staff were all lovely, and went above and beyond our expectations such as booking us restaurants and, even sending a lint roller to our room before the wedding as we needed one.

If you're sat reading this debating whether to spend a little extra on something magical I would book right now, don't think twice, you won't regret it! And just in case you're wondering over the hot-tub, we used the hot-tub loads (I remember reading a review before we left saying they hardly used the hot-tub which worried me, but maybe ours had a better position)

Thanks so much Chris & Angela, super grateful for such a great stay :)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at Artemis for 4 nights on our trip through Greece in August. I had the most difficulty booking our hotel in Santorini as there are so many options and we weren't sure where on the island to stay. I am so glad that I found Artemis Villas; I don't think we could have found anything better (especially for the price!).

Location-
Imerovigli is a quiet town, with a few restaurants and stores. We ate in town several times (definitely try Mezzo - very close to the hotel and VERY GOOD!). Getting around Santorini is extremely easy. You can walk to Fira from the hotel, but as it was so hot during our stay, we opted to take the bus each time. The bus system is super easy to navigate; we were able to quickly and easily get to Oia, Akrotiri, and everywhere else we wanted to visit. Imerovigli seemed to be a great place to base ourselves on our trip.

Room-
We stayed in a superior studio and really enjoyed our room. It had a small kitchenette, which we did not use, and a tub/shower in the bath. The A/C worked great, and we had a balcony with the most amazing view. The view is definitely the selling point for this hotel (second only to the service!) - each room has an unbelievable and unobstructed view of the caldera. Watching the sunset from our balcony was an amazing experience!

Service-
This is where Artemis really shines. Angela, Chris, and their entire staff is dedicated to making your stay an amazing one. We were met at our shuttle (which the hotel set up for us) and had our bags carried directly to our room (Thank goodness! There's no way we would've made it with all those stairs!). Once we were settled, a surprise of cheesecake and champagne was brought to our room as a congratulations on our honeymoon. We enjoyed it on our beautiful balcony, of course!
We enjoyed complimentary (and delicious!) coffee and cake each morning and treats and drinks each evening. The staff was always available to answer questions, show us to places, or just chat! It was a true struggle to pack our bags and leave at the end of our stay.

If we ever return to Santorini, Artemis Villas will be a no-brainer for us!

Room Tip: The superior suite was small, but comfy. Some rooms have hot tubs on their balconies, but we only s...
2 Thank aroundtheworld887
glasgow
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We came to the Artemis Villas on honeymoon for 9 nights and had a fantastic time, so much that we are already saving to book for next year.

The resort...
Imerovigli seems to be the quietest part of Santorini. It is so peaceful and relaxing and I think it has the best views. Its ideal for during the day when you can just doze in and out of sleep. We visited Fira a fee times as its only about a 15 minute walk away. (Be sure to use the torch on you Artemis keys as there is some stairs) Fira has a lovely buzz about it with more shops, pubs and restaurants. We hired a car and visited Ohia too, went through for dinner and sunset, it is also a lovely place although it does have more of a 'touristy' feel to it.

The people...
Chris and Angela are so welcoming, helpful and friendly. They have chosen the best, most hardworking staff and make sure you are well looked after all day every day. Julietta cleans your room to a very high standard every single day, and makes lovely decorations which are a lovely surprise to come back to! Eddie and Sonia serve your breakfasts, drinks and snacks and are so polite and chatty, we had a few laughs with them. Gazi was on hand to carry suitcases and sort your jaccuzzi if you needed any help.

The accomodation...
We started off our stay in the white suite for two nights. When we arrived, the view literally took our breathe away! The white suite is absolutely beautiful. It is so fresh and different. We then moved to a superior studio. Decor was lovely again and it was great having our own jacuzzi looking out to the wonderful views! The pool area is very quiet, which is lovely and peaceful.

The food...
Delicious food. On arrival we were given complimentary deserts, homemade by Angela which were very tasty! When we commented on this she made us more another day. Very kind. We had breakfasts 5 mornings of our staff and there was such a variety. Scrambled eggs, bread, muesli, greek yoghurt, honey, fresh fruit, fruit juice! One breakfast between two is a nice amount.
Throughout our stay we ordered snacks too, we had salads, and toast with cheese and ham and everything was freshly prepared and very tasty.
There are so many things complimentary too. Tea and cake at certain times of the day. Free Cocktails between 7 and 8 too! When you are sitting on your balcony or by the pool the staff are always bring lovely treats, like watermelon, icecreams and ice cold water! Brilliant!

In Imerovigli there are some lovely restaurants, our favourite was La Maison and in Fira we really liked Mykos restaurant.

Overall we had a fantastic time at Artemis, i had struggled chosing accomodation but we are so glad we came across this gem! We cant wait to go back next year:)

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank cr1326
CapeTown
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel lives up to its reputation. The views are spectacular!
What sets Artemis apart from the rest are the little touches that they provide. The breakfasts are set up for you and offer fantastic value. Just phone and fresh coffee and tea are brought to you; Every hour, another treat is brought when at the pool (Ice coffee, Fruit sticks, Cold bottled water…). Cocktails at sunset All these at no extra cost!
The staff must be one of the most helpful group that we have come across. They are up and down the steep steps carrying your luggage, and providing for your every need.
We just felt a bit disappointed in the Junior Suite. The shower in a bath with no way to prevent water going onto the floor does not cut Junior Suite status. The cutlery, crockery and pots/pans are not adequate to even boil an egg. Our pot was bigger than a pasta pot (at least 10 liters!)
We found the jacuzzi is overrated - too warm to enjoy in hot July
Parking is quite far from the Villas (this is Santorini) and getting there is on cobbled stones, so be careful if you are not steady on your feet and you can't roll your suitcase along. The hotel does carry your luggage for you.

Room Tip: Check on what facilities your room has. Try get a bathroom with a dedicated shower rather than a jac...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CapeTownChris
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 July 2014

A great place with amazing views ...... From the helpful Eddie carrying baggage up and down steep terraces to Angela's welcome as hostess, this place is top quality with views, jacuzzis and breakfasts to die for !

The breakfasts are served on your balcony and include beautiful fresh Greek yoghurt, luxury muesli, fresh pastries and jam/honey and eggs of choice

Not easy to leave the views and pools so good also that the lunch snacks include some delicious salads - chicken and Greek options are awesome

The local wind is more than palatable, cheap and sometimes free ! Thanks !

Superbly located and the staff cannot do enough for you whether that be travel advice, restaurant bookings etc

Would love to return !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Aenaon Villas
Aenaon Villas
#2 of 48 in Imerovigli
Altana Traditional Houses and Suites
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Astra Suites
#1 of 80 in Fira
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#14 of 48 in Imerovigli

Been to Artemis Villas? Share your experiences!