“Best value and location on all of Santorini!”
Review of Artemis Villas

Artemis Villas
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed 2 July 2009

I simply must say that we were so sad to leave Artemis Villas yesterday. We have only been home for 12 hours and are going through withdrawal for the whole experience!

Like many others, we struggled to choose accommodations on Santorini - the balance between price and setting is difficult, not to mention selecting a city to stay in. Let me first tell you that Imerovigli is the BEST place to stay in Santorini, hands down! You can see the same sunset as the famed Oia, but without the massive crowds and from the leisure of your own terrace. In fact, depending on where you would stay in Oia, the views from Imerovigli are actually better because the elevation is so high; you can actually see up and over Oia to watch the sun sink into the sea. Also, you have great restaurants and shopping without the mass chaos of Fira, and are a 5 minute scooter ride to Fira or a 10-15 minute scooter ride to all beaches, sites, and Oia. Stay in Imerovigli and get a 4-wheeler. It was the best thing we could have done!

Back to Artemis Villas...
We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite because a.) it was our honeymoon, and b.) we waited until the last minute to book our trip! It was a fantastic room that had rich details, a fabulous queen bed, and maintained a wonderful temperature. We did not need the A/C at all, and I keep the thermostat set at 72 at home so I like my cool air! Every day our rooms were thoroughly cleaned, mopped, straightened up, and had new towels waiting. I thought this was extraordinary, considering it was an apartment-style place where normally you have to beg for a new towel! The staff is very helpful and knows the island inside out. They even came to our room at 6:00am to help us trudge our suitcases up 61 stairs to catch our flight in time.

I would most definitely recommend Artemis Villas to everyone visiting Santorini. You would be hard-pressed to find such high quality service and accommodations with such an incredible view and setting for a reasonable price. It is worth twice as much as they charge, and you have the best location on the entire island. Go there and enjoy... we did!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank angeljeng82

Reviewed 25 June 2009

I hate to say it, but I am providing this review without actually having stayed at the Artemis Villas. My Boyfreind and I had originally intended to stay there in June, however; due to circumstances beyond our control, we were forced to change our vacation dates.

Long story short, there was confusion with Artemis Villas regarding the room cancellation. In the end, Angela at Artemis Villas was extremely professional and understanding and did not charge us a penalty for the room.

Artemis Villas is a place I will definitely recommend to others!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maritza E
Reviewed 14 June 2009

We stayed at Artemis Villas for 3 nights, and loved our studio. It was very clean, and had a lot of lovely accents, like candles, which we lit at night. We liked having our own set of dishes and a kitchenette, so that we can cook our own breakfast, and enjoy a bottle of wine with sunset. The sunsets were stunning, and Imerovigli is so much quieter than Fira. You can easily walk between the two towns.

Angela and Chris were very accommodating and friendly. Chris even picked up our ferry tickets in town for us. You felt a sense of welcome, and yet had your privacy. If we needed anything at all we asked, and received assistance. We used the jacuzzi once and took advantage of the pool as well. You can also rent a car in town if you want to travel around the island, and there is a grocery store and a bakery to pick up some ingredients for lunch or breakfast.

2  Thank olatravel
Reviewed 6 June 2009

Wow. This place lived up to it's #1 Tripadvisor ranking and then some. Amazing property. Excellent staff. Unsurpassed sunset views and so quiet you could hear a pin drop. And the value compared to other properties around it puts it far and away as the place to stay. I highly suggest staying at this property in Santorini which is a mere 20 minute cliffside walk into the main town of Fira if you want to get some shopping or nightlife in.

2  Thank sno402
Reviewed 4 June 2009

We spent 8 wonderful days with Angela and her amazing staff. From the moment we arrived, our every expectation was fulfilled and more. Spectacular views, marvellous room/terrace and incredible personal, attentive service making one feel like family. It was such a marvellous escape from the rigours of the ratrace to be able to revel in the peace and tranquility of this fantastic refuge. We can NOT wait to revisit our fabulous aegis!

S&T

2  Thank melpomene29
Reviewed 22 May 2009

What a lovely place...I cannot recommend it highly enough. I have just spent four nights enjoying the spacious and relaxing White Suite, the delicious breakfasts and the amazing views. The staff could not do enough for us. I have also stayed at Atlas (which was lovely but the rooms were tiny and costly) and Perivolas (which was also fantastic but not so private and very expensive). With Artemis Villas you get it all and it's one of the few places that has remained in the hands of the original owners. We simply loved it, what a great destination for our honeymoon

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LisaandMark1
Reviewed 19 May 2009

We splurged for a few of our nights in Santorini and stayed at Artemis Villas. Upon our arrival I was told that we've been upgraded to a junior suite - those words have never been uttered to me before and I actually thought I'd misheard her. Sure enough, we had an absolutely stunning suite comprising a generously portioned living area, gorgeous bedroom and a stunning bathroom with jacuzzi tub and marble galore. The hosts were attentive but not overbearing and we were always asked if we wanted a drink, nibbles, etc. The view from the private balcony is breathtaking and we noticed most other guests would also plan their evening activities around the sunset. It's a very peaceful, quiet, classy place.

2  Thank intlwanderlust
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Aenaon Villas
Aenaon Villas
#1 of 51 in Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Altana Traditional Houses and Suites
0 mi away
Astra Suites
Astra Suites
#4 of 51 in Imerovigli
Andronis Boutique Hotel
Alta Mare by Andronis

Been to Artemis Villas? Share your experiences!